Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 6th, 2014, 09:01 PM

MrHscape is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Anubian Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
First time playing these guys I rolled a 20. I was really surprised, I also had Khosumhet next to them with an attack glyph... I had a good day. I won. We were doing 1000 points( CRAZY!)
It seems that everyday you comment on a new "book of" thread. Nice . 1000 point games can be a lot of fun but they can also take forever. I prefer to stick to lower point games. Once had a game that took an entire day!

Check out my YouTube channel if you have time
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHscape
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:48 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anubian Wolves
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:36 AM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

You dont actually have to roll for their power. It says before movement. But if you dont move you dont need to roll. Right? Like if you are already engaged.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:44 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Nope, you have to roll. From the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99 View Post

-Rulings and Clarifications-[INDENT]- UNLEASHED FURY : Stacking Each Turn
Does Unleashed Fury stack each turn?
No, Unleashed Fury does not stack. (Hasbro FAQ)

- UNLEASHED FURY : Optional or Mandatory
Can I choose not to roll for Unleashed Fury when activating the Anubian Wolves?
No. You must roll for Unleashed Fury every time you activate the Anubian Wolves.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:44 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
You dont actually have to roll for their power. It says before movement. But if you dont move you dont need to roll. Right? Like if you are already engaged.
The roll is mandatory. "Before moving" is just telling you when to make the roll during their turn. Check the Rulings and Clarifications in the OP of this thread.
Old February 18th, 2018, 04:27 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Took 7 squads of these guys to a recent tournament (530 point armies) because I didn't want to have to think very hard. I figured that the wolves are quick, with nice defense, and are straightforward. I ended up going 4-0, but only because 3 of my games I rolled statistically above average with the D20, and even those games were close!
So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm 100% in agreement with their power-rankings blurb: "Without bonding or consistency, the Wolves lack some major punch. But with a good roll, the Wolves can take down anything. B-"

Fun unit overall though! Would definitely recommend them as a unit to suggest to a new player to help them learn the ropes of the game.
Old February 19th, 2018, 09:07 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Took 7 squads of these guys to a recent tournament (530 point armies) because I didn't want to have to think very hard. I figured that the wolves are quick, with nice defense, and are straightforward. I ended up going 4-0, but only because 3 of my games I rolled statistically above average with the D20, and even those games were close!
So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm 100% in agreement with their power-rankings blurb: "Without bonding or consistency, the Wolves lack some major punch. But with a good roll, the Wolves can take down anything. B-"

Fun unit overall though! Would definitely recommend them as a unit to suggest to a new player to help them learn the ropes of the game.
Had one pack of these guys left against Charos. A little luck of the dice and bad defense rolling took him down with the last pack from full life.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old February 19th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

They were my builds for a long time and were one of the few armies where I could actually win.
Old September 15th, 2019, 04:45 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Y’know, I’m surprised how unpopular the wolves are.

They sell for less than half the price of the squad that came in the exact same set, and granted it seems that every true heroscaper owns at least 10 squads of 4th these days, but still.

I think the wolf army is actually extremely well designed. Anubians can rip the toughest heroes to shreds, while badru can decimate squads and give the army a special attack (which is essentially also ranged). You’ve got bonding with an awesome uncommon hero that can break the vast majority of competitive armies with only a little luck, a common hero that buffs the anubians and hits consitently hard for its price, or a cheerleader, depending on your playstyle and what you are up against.

And the whole army moves fast. I think:

Anubian wolves x2: 150
Dumutef x2: 200
Werewolf Lord: 340
Wolves of Badru x2: 500

would be a really tough army to beat honestly. Granted, I still need another dumutef and a werewolf lord to try it out, but it seems solid enough to go toe to toe with even the more competitive armies
Old September 15th, 2019, 05:41 PM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
Y’know, I’m surprised how unpopular the wolves are.

They sell for less than half the price of the squad that came in the exact same set, and granted it seems that every true heroscaper owns at least 10 squads of 4th these days, but still.

I think the wolf army is actually extremely well designed.
The mentality of "Own plenty of squads of 4th Massachusetts" died more than 10 years ago when the game was still in production. There's just so many other new squads that can compete with them (10th Regiment of Foot is a perfect example) that they're good, but not the winning squad that they were more than a decade ago.

In regards to the wolves, I think that the mentality of they suck ! comes from the early days of Heroscape: back when only the first few waves were released, having an army of Khosumet and some squads of Anubian Wolves was considered on the weaker side as there weren't any units that bonded well with them.

With the WoB now in the roster, the army that you've typed up is actually pretty good. Although, I wouldn't rely on the WoB for ranged attacks, as a bad roll of the dice can lead to the immediate death of the wolf.

Last edited by Dysole; December 6th, 2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old October 13th, 2020, 12:23 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

If you want a better version see my CUA version of Anubian Wolves and the below CUC and CUA card versions of Khosumet the Darklord.

Anubian Wolves
Proposal: Add power UNHOLY MOVEMENT BONDING "Before taking a turn with the Anubian Wolves, you may first move any small, medium, or large relentless Hero you control up to 6 spaces."
Logic: He can have Khosumet, Dumatef Guards, and Taelord follow them easier for their bonuses. Although with CUC Khosumet being cheaper and has an attack aura, it is not so bad. Same units as Death Knights so you can play both squads if you want (The Air Elemental, The Dumutef Guard, Khosumet the Darklord, Sir Hawthorne, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior, The Venoc Warlord, AZAZEL THE KYRIE WARRIOR, BOREOS, DARKPROWL THRALL, KON-TAR-NA, SKULL DEMON).

Khosumet The Darklord
Proposal: Change cost from 75 to 50. Add power ONE SHIELD DEFENSE "When rolling defense dice, if Khosumet The Darklord rolls at least one shield, the most wounds it may take for this attack is one."
Logic: CUC Khosumet also changes the RELENTLESS ASSAULT to have "within 4 clear sight spaces" and I think this change is great, but overpowered when played with my above Anubian Wolves or many of the C3V/SoV changes, especially Knights of Blackgaard, Skull Demon, and the various Varkaanan Wolf Pack. This card is only meant to be played in tandem with my CUA Anubian Wolves or C3V/SoV Relentless/Varkaanan cards, otherwise use the CUC card.
CUA Version:

CUC Version:
Old October 14th, 2020, 03:23 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

I like the idea of being able to bring Khosumet up with your wolves as whenever I run wolves with Khosumet, I really only ever use him for the die roll bonus and he just sits in my starter zone.

~ May you always find water and shade

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units