Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 11th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

For the Dwarf army I would say no to Beorn Boltcutter and Mok.
That leaves the Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep (80), the Axegrinders of Burningforge (70),
and Ulfrid, Migol, Morgrim and Darak as heroes to pick from.

Old October 12th, 2018, 11:53 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
For the Dwarf army I would say no to Beorn Boltcutter and Mok.
That leaves the Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep (80), the Axegrinders of Burningforge (70),
and Ulfrid, Migol, Morgrim and Darak as heroes to pick from.
Still not a lot of wriggle room . . .

240 Shieldsmiths x 3
210 Axegrinders x 3
120 Mogrimm
110 Migol
100 Ulfrid
780, 24 spaces

Old October 12th, 2018, 03:01 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"Short people got no reason
Short people got no reason
Short people got no reason to live!"
--Randy Newman, Short People
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:05 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Map Adjustments: the map is up! Given that we are fielding six armies now on a very narrow map, I've added 2-3 hex rows to both sides, keeping a mix of the same types of terrain already there. We are also adding some snow and ice, for those terrain dependent units that may be fielded.
Old October 12th, 2018, 05:48 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

For Crypt Guardians, we can proxy with Zombies of Morindan. For the Deathstrike Thrall, we can proxy with a Marro Drone. For the Darkprowk Thralls, we can proxy Wolves of Badru. I have the minis for Nicholas Esenwein and the Preyblood Thrall.

Old October 12th, 2018, 09:26 PM

For tomorrow's Car Wars game, there will be two scenarios. The first will be a road duel - a motorcycle gang will gang up on a lone automobile. The second scenario will be an arena battle. Players will design their vehicles or used predesigned vehicles, modified to be in compliance with cost parameters.

Old October 13th, 2018, 06:06 AM

Trash Talk from our private Emails:

Since I couldn't look at the composition of the Good armies until I had finished building mine, and needed to see the Aesir because I was going to provide figures for it, the following exchange took place recently:

Chas: Regarding the Good Guy team with a powered up wizard Morsbane (+2 to his rolls):

"Giants don't need Special Powers!"

Kolakoski: "Yeah, but powering up his instakill is gonna hurt!"

Well, we'll see how the dice roll today..!
Old October 14th, 2018, 09:41 AM

Well, I had a great time playing five powerful giants (one technically a Cyclops, 1 Troll King, 1 Frost Giant, 1 Fire Giant, and 1 Hill Giant). I played more aggressively than I usually do with this army, as was appropriate. The dwarves were a good counter to them, aned three of them took out Pel, my weak link (only 95 points). But they had lots of trouble with TW's Troll King custom, who could regenerate.

After a few turns, I told them them they'd lose if they didn't get the bonused Morsbane out of their backfield and into the game (K. had overlooked that it had a ten turn limit). So they did, and he depowered the Troll King and killed another giant! I was only able to get two wounds on him before they pulled him back again. Good for them; nice playing.

Eventually my giants went down--the bigger they are, the harder they fall! So I took over what was left of the allied Undead Army from TW (who was running two armies). We eventually lost, but were having so much fun that we wanted to play it all the way out, which we did. My old pal who is a professional figure painter and hadn't Scaped in years recognized a custom giant he'd made for me years ago that I put in the game for him to enjoy!

Our new player Quizcode did a great job with the Aesir Army, despite some bad die luck. His Sentinels of Jandar were all over the place, and after a long took out a stubborn Crypt Guardian. I narrated out a loud rendition of their name a la HeMan's "For The Honor of Greyskull," which I used to do when I first got them in the Way Back! For the Cyclops I had quickly based a great Safari figure on some cardboard with hot glue; it held up during the game, and TW left the figure behind me; he'll pick up another for himself. We used a number of proxies as we often do, but we had little trouble figuring out who was who

It was a friendly game, and a number of other interesting incidents made a great event. Afterwards, three of us grabbed dinner and did a run through of the old Car Wars game, which TW had brought along for a second play.

Next month we'll be doing another Saturday, this time in November.

Last edited by chas; October 14th, 2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old October 19th, 2018, 01:43 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Below is a little something I've been working on . . .

Hoard of the Dragon

Brax

Map. 2 of these will be built, containing between them (replacing 2 Start Zones) an open area of Castle Walk [free built by me on the morning of game day] containing 1 fewer Brandar's chest Treasure Glyphs than the total number of Players in the Game. The remaining Start Zones will be expanded to contain all Players' units.

The Armies. 2 teams.Exactly 2 squads (Common or Unique) and 5 bi-pedal, non-flying, Unique (not Uncommon) heroes, total points not to exceed 600, per Player. Classic/C3V only, except Kha is allowed. Valhalla Society only (no guns).

Hero Turns. Heroes may only take turns via Order Markers on their own Cards. Any Powers to the contrary are superseded by the above sentence (except for Powers of change of control, for example, such as possessed by the Werewolf Lord, Mindflayer and Ne-Gok-Sa).

The Dragon. The Dragon may only attack units standing (fully or partially) on Castle Walk spaces in the central area, and must end its move standing (fully or partially) on Castle Walk spaces in the central area. The Dragon has Order Markers, rolls for Initiative with the players, and acts during his turns, according to a roll of a 20-sider as follows:

1-10 - When beginning his turn adjacent to at least 2 units, attacks 2 (chosen randomly). When beginning his turn adjacent to only 1, attacks it twice. Moves so as to be able to attack as many units as possible (chosen randomly) if unengaged.

11-15 - Attacks one adjacent unit twice (chosen randomly). Moves to do so if unengaged.

16-20 - When beginning his turn adjacent to only one figure or unengaged, moves (taking any Leaving Engagement attack) so as to be able to attack as many other figures as possible (chosen randomly). If no other figures are within his threat range and he is adjacent to a figure, he attacks it.

The Game. The Game will last 10 Rounds. At the end of 8 Rounds, the team alliances dissolve. At the end of 10 Rounds, Victory Points (VP) are awarded to each player as follows:

1 VP for the most enemy units killed.

1 VP for the most Friendly units remaining.

1 VP for the most Treasure Glyphs held.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 8th, 2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old October 25th, 2018, 06:18 AM

Upcoming Sherman Davies Scape

Our next monthly Heroscape game will be Saturday, November 17. No word yet on what kind of scenario Game Master Sherman Davies will be cooking up for us yet, but watch this space for more info!

Kemet Seth

Just got my new Kemet Seth (Kemet Expansion #2), which changes up the usual free for all format of this popular Egyptian Myth board game to a team against the trickster god of chaos (Seth) player. We'll be playing it here the next two Saturdays--Oct. 27 and Nov. 3. (Edit): the first game was fun, and I'm looking forward to the second!

New Commands & Colors French Army Expansions For Two Players

Recently got Commands & Colors Tricorne: American Revolution Expansion #1 and an expecting any day now Expansion #2 of the same name for The Great War (WWI). I've played through the scenarios for the former and am awaiting the latter with anticipation.

Other November board games here will include Memoir 44 Overlord Cape Torokina Invasions (US Marines vs Japanese) and Firefly The Game!

Last edited by chas; October 30th, 2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 06:36 PM

Well met!

Relatively final version - comments?

Hoard of the Dragon

Brax

or

or

Map. 2 of these will be built, containing between them (replacing 2 Start Zones) an open area of Castle Walk [free built by me on the morning of game day] containing 1 fewer Brandar's chest Treasure Glyphs than the total number of Players in the Game. The remaining Start Zones will be expanded to contain all Players' units.

The Armies. 2 teams. Only Small or Medium, bi-pedal, non-flying, figures, total points not to exceed 600, per Player. Classic/C3V only, except Kha is allowed. Valhalla Society only (no guns).

Heroic Independence. Heroes may only take turns via Order Markers on their own Cards. Any Powers to the contrary are superseded by the above sentence.

The Dragon.The Dragon may only attack units standing (fully or partially) on Castle Walk spaces in the central area, and must end its move standing (fully or partially) on Castle Walk spaces in the central area. The Dragon has Order Markers, rolls for Initiative with the players, and acts during his turns, according to a roll of a 20-sider as follows:

1-10 - When beginning his turn adjacent to at least 2 units, attacks 2 (chosen randomly). When beginning his turn adjacent to only 1, attacks it twice. Moves so as to be able to attack as many units as possible (chosen randomly) if unengaged.

11-15 - Attacks one adjacent unit twice (chosen randomly). Moves to do so if unengaged.

16-20 - When beginning his turn adjacent to only one figure or unengaged, moves (taking any Leaving Engagement attack) so as to be able to attack as many other figures as possible (chosen randomly). If no other figures are within his threat range and he is adjacent to a figure, he attacks it.

The Game.The Game will last 10 Rounds. At the end of 8 Rounds, the team alliances dissolve. At the end of 10 Rounds, Victory Points (VP) are awarded to each player as follows:

1 VP for the most enemy units killed.

1 VP for the most Friendly units remaining.

1 VP for the most Treasure Glyphs held.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 13th, 2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old November 12th, 2018, 01:38 PM

Well met!

Still undecided about Map. Also, it was pointed out to me that the Dragon was much too weak to last long, so . . .

[Same sculpt and pic as Brax]

NAME = ICHORGOLOTH
GENERAL= Valkryll
SPECIES = Dragon
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Young
PERSONALITY = Menacing
SIZE/HEIGHT = Huge 12

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 4

Dragon Drool Special Attack
Range 1, Attack 5
If Ichorgoloth inflicts at least one wound with his Dragon Drool Special Attack, roll 1 attack die for each wound. For each skull rolled, the defending figure receives 1 additional wound. When Ichorgoloth attacks with his Dragon Drool Special Attack, he may attack 1 additional time.

Dragonhide
When rolling defense dice against a normal or special attack, Ichorgoloth always adds 2 automatic shields to whatever is rolled.

Flying
[Same text as Brax, with Ichorgoloth]

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion