Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old March 21st, 2010, 01:46 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HeroScape Storage System

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post

BTW: thanks for the nice words on the books. What are the strategy guides?

Here's the link. They have not completed all units yet, but I really want to include them in my unit book. I just don't have the time or resources yet to try it.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=10693

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:18 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Histoli View Post
Is there more to it than just area -- RobertDD, you mentioned getting 3 or more times as much into the 9101's, so is there some additional advantage that isn't reflected by dimensions alone? (theoretically, 210 vs 126 means one shouldn't even be able to get double the figures into the 9101s compared to the 3700s)
First of all, I have played with the 3700's in the past, but it has been a while. I know I was ultimately disappointed in how much I could get in them, HS wise. Just keep that in mind when reading the rest here.

There is more to storage than just plain square footage. It is all in the sections: how big or small can you make them, and how much wasted space will you have. Obviously, if you just have a big old cavity, it doesn't matter much (and it's really cheap) but that makes it hard to find your units when you need them. Squad/unit sided cavities seems to be what most people (including me) prefer. In a 9101AB the smallest cavity you can make will just fit a standard HS base, and that is perfect. You can actually fit a small 3 fig squad (like Roman Archers, but just not Anubian Wolves) in such a little space (two right side up and one in between upside down. This smallest space is also perfect to house most small/medium heroes.

Every 9101AB also contains many of those regular sections, and three irregularly shaped larger sections at the bottom (they fit Krug, or Me-Burq-Sa), which really is a pretty convenient brakedown of space.

Also, the fact that there are deeper boxes with different shaped openings means you can store all figures in this system without having to resort to yet another different storage box size (has anyone but me ever wondered why the smaller and larger plastic storage containers never seem to fit and stack together?)

Now, I have already discovered that I actually have to use a space the size of 4 smallest spaces for a squad of Minions of Utgar, which just proves again that nothing is perfect. If anything, a box that had a little more dept (say another inch/1.5 inch) with the same paritions would be better than these, but I have not found a box like that.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old April 28th, 2015, 02:15 AM

Rutherford82 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
I currently use 6 of these for terrain and 2 of these for figures (only 1 is full, the other is abut 1/4th) I like them
The container store tint boxes are great for terrain. They fit stacks of 24 hex pieces perfectly. I'll upload a picture later. I use a baggie system modeled after Just_a_Bill in the smaller containers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales