Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 13th, 2022, 11:05 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Good Pig's Modified Classic Scape Cards

So this is the pill box concept I was referring to:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4936862/files

Pictured here is the half version

If you look through that Thingiverse page you'll see a full 7-hex version and there's ones with door openings. I was thinking a few of these could be stacked to the appropriate height making sure to have a good opening at the top and bottom. The dice would empty out on to your map, maybe some water tiles or something and use castle battlements for the backstop. Then you'd build the rest of your map around the central feature.

Example (pretend the stacked 7-hexers are the 3d printed hollowed out ones)
Old October 14th, 2022, 03:40 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I still regularly use my Trex tree-looking dice tower I won in a map contest years ago. My Pathfinder players always said it gave me a dice edge, ha ha. I'll be sad if/when it ever wears out. Seems to be pretty durable so far.
The Body of my trays and towers don't really wear out. For a time I was using Foam accenting on them. The accenting on those don't stand the test of time. They will not stay pretty, but the base will live on for a long time. The oldschool Old Oak roller is one of my absolute favorites that isn't 3d printed in any way. @Good Pig , that looks like it would work. I don't know that you'd be able to make a viable tower for commercial sale like that, that would pay off for you unless you made them much more expensive than I have had mine listed as. But for a one off, or something for your table, it would be pretty cool. I really make mine super durable, and artistically great. Put care into all the paint jobs, seal everything with clearcoat, etc. But still can't really cover my time in them. I had only made a bunch of them because I'd planned to list them on my brothers store and not get fee'd to death. Due to logistics on his end, I didn't get to keep them on there. So now they are on ebay, and I'm barely covering their expenses for making them and not getting paid for my time. Long story short, Your idea looks great for your table, but I'm not sure if you'd be wasting your time doing them retail. I don't plan on making any new ones for sale. I may still make one here or there for my own reasons, for myself, for friends, etc.
Old October 14th, 2022, 04:27 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@TREX makes perfect sense. I don't have a dice tower and I've never made one so for me it would really be about the novelty and hobby aspect of it just to try it out. Appreciate getting your insight on it given your experience.
Old October 14th, 2022, 09:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
@TREX makes perfect sense. I don't have a dice tower and I've never made one so for me it would really be about the novelty and hobby aspect of it just to try it out. Appreciate getting your insight on it given your experience.
I'll share some straightforward specs to you for optimal functionality. I generally will do about 3 planks inside the dice tower fitted at 45 degrees. Sharper degrees will make them go too fast and go flying, and a more flat angle will slow them down and just slide out the bottom. The bowl or tray or in the case of yours, the front stop, should be roughly 1.5inches tall. Combined with the angles of the planks should work perfectly. At 1.5 inches it's enough to stop the dice but not so tall that it's easy to read the outcome of the roll. Like I've said. I've made quite a few to get here on specs. As far as height of the tower , I've found at roughly 8inches tall it's not too tall to transport to tournaments, and not so short that it gives a satisfactory roll. Hope this helps you with your dice tower. I'm a bit of a dice goblin myself, so it's only natural that I've perfected making dice trays and towers.
Old October 15th, 2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
I'll share some straightforward specs to you for optimal functionality. I generally will do about 3 planks inside the dice tower fitted at 45 degrees. Sharper degrees will make them go too fast and go flying, and a more flat angle will slow them down and just slide out the bottom. The bowl or tray or in the case of yours, the front stop, should be roughly 1.5inches tall. Combined with the angles of the planks should work perfectly. At 1.5 inches it's enough to stop the dice but not so tall that it's easy to read the outcome of the roll. Like I've said. I've made quite a few to get here on specs. As far as height of the tower , I've found at roughly 8inches tall it's not too tall to transport to tournaments, and not so short that it gives a satisfactory roll. Hope this helps you with your dice tower. I'm a bit of a dice goblin myself, so it's only natural that I've perfected making dice trays and towers.
Awesome! Thank you
Old October 18th, 2022, 04:51 PM

Re: Good Pig's Customs

Reorganized the OP and added some new custom heroes. Playing as The Silver Shroud in Fallout 4 has to be of my all time favorite video game moments. The mid-sized dragons and greater elementals are reworked versions of older customs I had.
Old October 18th, 2022, 05:00 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Brandis Skyhunter has a power that is almost identical to Calling Card. I'm not sure I understand why Common Heroes are included.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 18th, 2022, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Brandis Skyhunter has a power that is almost identical to Calling Card. I'm not sure I understand why Common Heroes are included.
I forgot about Brandis. Good call. You think including Common Heroes is overpowered or just unnecessary? I was thinking it would make the power and the unit more useful by expanding his pool of targets.

My one concern is four attacks of two with his special back to back turns is eight attacks. May be a bit excessive for a cheaper Hero.

I think the Machine Gun power is a must have for this guy, I'd be open to swapping out the second one for something else though.
Old October 18th, 2022, 06:00 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Mostly just unecessary. However, due to the machine gun SA it means that his usefulness spikes way up against armies that use lots of common heroes. I would just follow Brandis's text.

--
--
--

--
Old October 19th, 2022, 08:37 AM

Reworked the design for The Silver Shroud. Made his base stats for attack and range represent the machine gun. Also gave him just a single power that should be fun and useful. The name Righteous Justice is right out of the dialogue that makes him such a memorable character from Fallout. I thought the Utgar bonus helped tie in the theme a bit too.
Old October 19th, 2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Reworked the design for The Silver Shroud. Made his base stats for attack and range represent the machine gun. Also gave him just a single power that should be fun and useful. The name Righteous Justice is right out of the dialogue that makes him such a memorable character from Fallout. I thought the Utgar bonus helped tie in the theme a bit too.
Against Utgar this power is only 5% worse than Bolt of the Witherwood and can be used every turn.

--
--
--

--
Old October 19th, 2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Against Utgar this power is only 5% worse than Bolt of the Witherwood and can be used every turn.
True. There's a few difference though. It's used instead of attacking and it only works on small or medium figures. I could lower the bonus by 1 though and still get the theme across.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards