Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units

Notices

Old November 17th, 2022, 09:33 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
AoA units, classic style (including Revna+Volarak templates)

I hear that a bunch of you like the new figures in AoA, but prefer the way the Army Cards used to look back in the old days, with their right-aligned leftboxes, photographs of physical figures, and two different colors for each General. So I've taken it upon myself to create something that's the best of both worlds.

ANTHROPOMORPHIC WILDLIFE
Spoiler Alert!

CLASSIC CHARACTERS REVISITED
Spoiler Alert!

DRYANS and Xenithrax I guess
Spoiler Alert!

KYRIE WARRIORS
Spoiler Alert!

PIRATES
Spoiler Alert!

============================

Original post, circa 2022, featuring the Avalon Hill versions of each unit (and the templates mentioned in the current thread title):

Many, many cool new units were previewed for us for Age of Annihilation. Precious few of those were illustrated, none of them had hit zones, and the formatting varied a fair bit. A couple of them weren't even shown as full cards, and we didn't have easy access to templates to make Revna and Volarak customs... All in all, perfectly reasonable for prototypes.

But maybe that's not enough. Maybe you want consistency, templates, and pictures; I know I do. So I took it upon myself to make them, and here you go!

NEW GENERAL TEMPLATES (card blanks compatible with MSE)
Spoiler Alert!

CLOCKWORK COMBINE
Spoiler Alert!

DAWN RAIDER SYNDICATE
Spoiler Alert!

DRYAN LIFEBORNE ORDER
Spoiler Alert!

IRONCLAD COLLECTIVE
Spoiler Alert!

NEMESIS WAR BROOD
Spoiler Alert!

GLYPHS (without pictures, because we didn't get their pictures)
Spoiler Alert!

Alternative project names: "Age Averting Annihilation", "Classicize Me, Captain!", "Don't Fix What Ain't Broke".

Last edited by Anitar; March 18th, 2024 at 10:51 PM. Reason: ARISE FROM THE ASHES
Old November 17th, 2022, 10:17 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: AoA units, classic style (incl. Revna and Volarak templa

Nice job! I'd say for Volorak that maybe you make the background behind the figures darker so the figures are easier to see, like what you did for Revna.

I know you said some of them are from never fully shown stats, but could you put on them what you guesstimated at? I know some you guessed the points and stats, but would be nice to know what you exactly did for each.

Also, for the Xeronith the Dragon, could you make the Vine Glyph too?
Old November 17th, 2022, 11:33 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Nice job! I'd say for Volorak that maybe you make the background behind the figures darker so the figures are easier to see, like what you did for Revna.
Believe it or not, I already did that. What you see is the result.

Quote:
I know you said some of them are from never fully shown stats, but could you put on them what you guesstimated at? I know some you guessed the points and stats, but would be nice to know what you exactly did for each.
You make it sound like I'm making things up... The closest I got to guesswork was Haluchott's Life and Defense, and even that was informed by hard data. Everything else is a fact that simply never made it into the Compendium, because those cards were never intentionally shown to us. All I did was put it together.

Quote:
Also, for the Xeronith the Dragon, could you make the Vine Glyph too?
I would-- I would for all of the new Glyphs-- but I don't have any picture for them to use.
Old November 17th, 2022, 11:53 PM

Vecna is surprisingly tart

I like this and will be using it.
Old November 18th, 2022, 04:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I thought this kind of post was not supposed to happen? Now it seems I have to make proxies since there are cards.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 18th, 2022, 10:33 AM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

@Anitar this is great work and thank you for pulling it all together and posting. On the topic of Xenithrax Vine Glyphs do we know what the glyph actually does? I see on Xenithrax's card where the glyphs are implemented with "Summon Vines", but I don't see anything of what they do once they are deployed. Maybe I missed it somewhere. As far as creating a glyph I could find a good picture to create it using GIMP and a glyph template.
Old November 18th, 2022, 10:45 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I thought this kind of post was not supposed to happen? Now it seems I have to make proxies since there are cards.
I think this kind of post is fine since it is essentially a remix of information we were given during the campaign. It includes no .stl files or other means to "pirate" the miniatures and also doesn't pretend that these cards are official.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 18th, 2022, 10:49 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
@Anitar this is great work and thank you for pulling it all together and posting. On the topic of Xenithrax Vine Glyphs do we know what the glyph actually does? I see on Xenithrax's card where the glyphs are implemented with "Summon Vines", but I don't see anything of what they do once they are deployed. Maybe I missed it somewhere. As far as creating a glyph I could find a good picture to create it using GIMP and a glyph template.
Huge agree, thanks for all the hard work Anitar! Gator, the glyph description is in the beta rulebook. It seems like it’ll make Xenithrax extremely hard to get at when combined with Greenscales:

Glyph of Xenithrax Vines (Vines)
If a huge figure moves onto this glyph, this glyph is immediately removed from the battlefield and that figure may continue its movement. Figures standing on this glyph roll 1 fewer attack die and 2 fewer defense dice. When a figure on a Xenithrax Vines glyph moves off of the glyph, roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, that figure takes one wound. Remove this glyph from the battlefield after a figure moves off of it, or at the end of the round if a figure is standing on it.
Old November 18th, 2022, 12:15 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
Huge agree, thanks for all the hard work Anitar! Gator, the glyph description is in the beta rulebook. It seems like it’ll make Xenithrax extremely hard to get at when combined with Greenscales:

If a huge figure moves onto this glyph, this glyph is immediately removed from the battlefield and that figure may continue its movement. Figures standing on this glyph roll 1 fewer attack die and 2 fewer defense dice. When a figure on a Xenithrax Vines glyph moves off of the glyph, roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, that figure takes one wound. Remove this glyph from the battlefield after a figure moves off of it, or at the end of the round if a figure is standing on it.
Thank you for the quick response. I'll work on creating a glyph and post it here, but once done it should most likely go on the thread for glyphs.
Old November 18th, 2022, 12:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

It's not an official glyph so it will not be added to the thread for glyphs.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 18th, 2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
It's not an official glyph so it will not be added to the thread for glyphs.
Understood.
Old November 18th, 2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:

@orgsbane is there a link to the beta rulebook?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units