Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 26th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
GENCON Events All Approved!!

Ok, so I've laid some preliminary groundwork in finding support for our events this year. We have the means available with the help of Hasbro and our lovely Sandra to have some good and diverse events this year. So now since we have some time (submission needs to be finalized by Feb 12th) I think it would be cool to get some input from the community as to what type of events and prizes etc motivate you. Chime in y'all!!

For the chamionship is a two day Championship still OK or do folks think it needs to be just one day?

Last year the win-a-waves were a huge success, should we do more of those this year?

Ninthdoc will be running our Marvel events so he might need some ideas as we go along as well.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 26th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Win-a-Waves were great especially how you ran them in groups of 8 players so, yes!

Championship being two days is fine and it might need to be with the turn out that HS will draw this time.

The Mindshackle tourney was a great idea.

Some ideas:
1. No-range tourney
2. 100-120 point tourney
3. Unique-only tourney
4. Common-only tourney

After we get an idea of how the Marvel Game plays it will be easier to decide on tournament structure for that game. Way to go, Ninthdoc!

Newb.
Old January 26th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Interesting Newb. i think Spider poison won several events last year. It would be cool if there were different categories that a person could try to win in...

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old January 26th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Sadly, I cannot attend...

1x MS Draft 400 pts.

Both players get 10 min total to draft from 1 Master Set. No Stalling.

Marvel 2 on 2 Heroes Vs. Villains.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old January 26th, 2007, 01:47 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
I'm hoping to make it out there, and after traveling all that way, you can be sure I'm staying at least two days Though, unless there's a consolation round, one will probably be enough for me, as far as the tournament goes

What you've got going sounds great. Niche games like Newb's suggesting would be wonderful. (Yes, Newb, I am following you around the threads and complimenting every post you make )

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old January 26th, 2007, 01:53 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I really like Newb's No Range, All Common, and All Unique tourney ideas. It would be cool to have a coliseum atmosphere for the No Range Tourney. Anyone have the skills to make us a hella cool coliseum shell to put around the map(s)? There was a pretty good one at a Battletech table last year to depict Solaris VII. That would be awesome!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old January 26th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew

(Yes, Newb, I am following you around the threads and complimenting every post you make )
LOL! I'll give you 5 years to quit doing that.

Hmmm...a coliseum event sounds awesome. Especially with all the talented people here making a nice map.

Newb.
Old January 26th, 2007, 03:26 AM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Championship - 2 days is good.

Win-a-Waves - The way you did this last year was a great way for more people to win prizes. So, yes, it would be good to have them.

Single General - I would like to play in this type again. Maybe someone else will play Einar this time. Make me earn that Best Einar Player shirt.

Mindshackle - This was a good idea but, there weren't enough Mindshackle attempts. It mostly played like a protect Ne-Gok-Sa tourney. Ke-Mo-Shi adds some new options to this format, though. Two come to mind: making both NGS and KMS mandatory with winning by Mindshackling or killing one of them or getting a choice of NGS or KMS for your army. Lowering the point total from 400 to 300 (or around 300) might get NGS and/or KMS into the game more.

No-range touney - I like this idea (well, I liked all of Newbie's ideas but, I liked this the best). Would that be no ranged attacks or no figures with a range >1? Nilf has a range of 1 and a ranged SA. I played a no-range army in the General Tourney last year so, I'm ready for this format.

Grungebob and ninthdoc, let me know if I can be of any help. I'm not sure what that would be but, you can ask. I plan to be there all 4 days.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old January 26th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Chaoschild you were tons of help last year. Do you have an event you'd like to run this year? Or a day you would like to take control of. I don't want to be a slave to this whole thing like last year. In fact I simply refuse so I am depending on you guys.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old January 26th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
I really like Newb's No Range, All Common, and All Unique tourney ideas. It would be cool to have a coliseum atmosphere for the No Range Tourney. Anyone have the skills to make us a hella cool coliseum shell to put around the map(s)? There was a pretty good one at a Battletech table last year to depict Solaris VII. That would be awesome!
I could make 2D flats that could be wrapped into a circle (a little like a BK crown).

How many do you think would be needed for the event?

1. No-range tourney FRIGGAN LOVE THIS IDEA
2. 100-120 point tourney NICE
3. Unique-only tourney FRIGGAN LOVE THIS TOO
4. Common-only tourney Meh

What if there was an event called "Blind Purchase"? You are given one random Hero and squad, from there you fill the last of your points with draft.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old January 26th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Mighty Mouse!

I think the Zombies would rule a no ranged tourney.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old January 26th, 2007, 10:43 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
I think the Zombies would rule a no ranged tourney.
Not against my "circle of samurai" formation - boring match though, me not doing any activations on my turn and all...

EDIT: I guess it would be a line - the "Red Rover" match

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events