Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old April 30th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Design Holocron of Death Star Throne Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
That would be pretty cool. It could even have the hexes lightly outlined to make counting spaces that much easier.
Hum, usually, for range calculation the void spaces are not counted and you have to get around them. So here if there's no special rules the void image with outlined hexes could even mislead some players.
What is the wanted purpose ? I guess we might want to add some clarifications in the rule set.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old April 30th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
That would be pretty cool. It could even have the hexes lightly outlined to make counting spaces that much easier.
Hum, usually, for range calculation the void spaces are not counted and you have to get around them. So here if there's no special rules the void image with outlined hexes could even mislead some players.
What is the wanted purpose ? I guess we might want to add some clarifications in the rule set.
I would hope there is a special rule allowing units to shoot/swingline/fly/force leap over or throw emperors into the void area. It's very Star Wars-y.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 30th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Yep sound like a really nice concept !
Could be cool to dig it up, coming with a new kind of hexes with special rules.

Something like a "void spaces". They could allow to calculate for range values going through them, and a molten lava-ish rule if a figure goes on it.

French Forum's admin.
Old April 30th, 2017, 12:35 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Yes. Ive had an idea for them and will add to the op. They can be leaped and flew over as well as shot over. My other idea is for squad figures to be placed in them. Force push throw etc. It would be an insta kill. Much like lava without the d20. What do you guys think.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 30th, 2017, 03:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the battlements would prevent anyone from getting force pushed into the voids as they would not be force pushed up and over them. Yoda is the one figure that can use the force to pick up and place a figure where ever he wants too, so he would be the one figure to toss guys into the void. I like the idea of allowing that to happen for an instant death of squad figures, but tossing Vader into the void for an auto-kill seems like a balancing issue. Once expanded to Classicscape figures, I know a giant who could throw a figure into the void. There may be a few other figures I'm not thinking of right now that get to pick up and place an opponents figure into a new spot while ignoring elevation changes.
Old April 30th, 2017, 04:19 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the battlements would prevent anyone from getting force pushed into the voids as they would not be force pushed up and over them. Yoda is the one figure that can use the force to pick up and place a figure where ever he wants too, so he would be the one figure to toss guys into the void. I like the idea of allowing that to happen for an instant death of squad figures, but tossing Vader into the void for an auto-kill seems like a balancing issue. Once expanded to Classicscape figures, I know a giant who could throw a figure into the void. There may be a few other figures I'm not thinking of right now that get to pick up and place an opponents figure into a new spot while ignoring elevation changes.
Yeah it would be just for squad figures. If the idea of a void space is transferred to later maps without "guard rails" then there would be a chance to push squaddies into the abyss with a force push. I really like the idea because there are so many star wars locales that have never ending pits that jedi/sith type guys casually throw a random stormtrooper into.

Old April 30th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Vader II's Force Throw would also allow for throwing squaddies and common heroes down the shaft.

I think a rule allowing a unique hero to toss another figure into the shaft would be thematic.

NOOOOOO
If a unique hero you control that has the Force Push special power ends its movement adjacent to a reactor shaft space, instead of attacking with that hero, you may choose an opponent's small or medium figure adjacent to that hero and roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each wound marker on the chosen figure's card. If you roll X or lower, your hero receives 2 wounds and your turn ends immediately. If you roll X+1 to Y, the chosen figure receives 1 wound. If you roll Y+1 or higher, destroy the chosen figure.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 30th, 2017, 04:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I can't believe I forgot about Vader's force throw while talking about throwing Vader into the shaft.

As for rules ideas related to the chasms, I'm of a mind to keep them as simple as possible. I don't want to get caught up doing a bunch of testing for a new rule, we are pretty limited as far as testing goes of late.
Old April 30th, 2017, 05:17 PM
"like" happy

We could start by allowing squad figures to be thrown or placed. Later if we want to do a scenario rule for the other that would be cool. Simple is good.

Old May 1st, 2017, 06:44 AM
Marcel Marceau

IMO the first step would be to oficialize void space tiles and, to keep it simple, with the same rule set as the molten lava tiles. A 20 on the D20 could represent the figure hanging on a metal bar, like Luke discovering Vador's paternity.

Then if we want to balance a map, it is just needed to add or not battlement to prevent force throwing, or add a special map rule to prevent the specific hero's throwing balance issue.

French Forum's admin.
Old May 1st, 2017, 11:47 AM
C3G Landlord

I seem to recall that we did something with this idea back when we made the Tractor Beam Sabotage Scenario. So what ever we decide now we just need to remember to revisit and update that thread with.

*edit* Here we go, this is what we did there.

-Special rules and Clarifications-
• For this board, the water tiles represent open air spaces instead of water and as such figures may not end their turn on one or be placed on one as part of a special power. Only figures with a leaping special movement power may use them for the purpose of movement and must use that special power to do so. Line of sight for ranged attacks and special powers may pass over them normally.

Looks like we need to update it anyways to include flying as Boba Fett in now an official HoSS figure.
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:11 PM
"like" happy

When we update it we can call them void spaces and allow squad figures to be placed there by special powers and abilities.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape