Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 4th, 2015, 03:39 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Watching Thursday Night Football.
You must be heartbroken then. Leave it to the Lions to find a way to lose a game that they lead for all 60 minutes. Incidentally, Rodgers pass was the second longest final pass play to win a game. The longest was by Earl Morrell of the Lions.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old December 4th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Watching Thursday Night Football.
You must be heartbroken then. Leave it to the Lions to find a way to lose a game that they lead for all 60 minutes. Incidentally, Rodgers pass was the second longest final pass play to win a game. The longest was by Earl Morrell of the Lions.
Not at all. We won that game. In regulation. With zeroes on the clock. We own Rodgers this season.

That the refs decided after the game actually ended in a win on our part to give the Packers an extra play based on a factually false call really doesn't matter to me. We weren't going to the playoffs this year anyway, so our record is just a number and draft positioning. I'm proud of how we did, though, and consider our seasonal dominance of the Packers complete.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 4th, 2015, 04:19 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I'm impartial first off, but that guy definitely facemasked Rodgers. Did he play it up? Probably, but calling a penalty was the right call. That being said, it looked incidental and should have been the 5 yard variety not the 15 yard.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old December 4th, 2015, 04:21 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I'm impartial first off, but that guy definitely facemasked Rodgers. Did he play it up? Probably, but calling a penalty was the right call. That being said, it looked incidental and should have been the 5 yard variety not the 15 yard.
I saw it live. Devin Taylor 100% did not facemask Rodgers. I understand the ref missing it on the field. Looking back at it and defending it as the correct call later is complete horse poop, though.

Old December 4th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I saw it live. Devin Taylor 100% did not facemask Rodgers. I understand the ref missing it on the field.
Full speed, real time? It looked like a face mask. In the light of history... probably not, though it's right on that dividing line of what is or isn't a face mask.

Gotta admit I'm tired of all the games where we're talking about the officials though. My preference is to do away with instant replay entirely, accept that there will be bad calls, and stop the hyper-analysis of whether or not a ball shifts by a millimeter as a wide receiver falls to the ground shown in infinitely slow motion a dozen times.

There's a whole sub-game now of "out-guess the ref" with what are supposed to be the most tense and exciting moments of the game getting defused by a red flag. I'd rather have my team lose a game on a bad call every so often (and presumably win a couple the same way in the fullness of history) than need to wait for five minutes to find out whether or not I get to celebrate a late game touchdown.

~Aldin, lately

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 4th, 2015, 04:42 PM

Honestly, I'm fine with losing a game on a bad call (or non call). It's the third time it's happened to us since the Dallas playoff game, and the one with the lowest stakes by far. But I'm going to give my team credit where credit is due. They beat the Packers last night and showed they're the better team with the season sweep.

Old December 4th, 2015, 05:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
I saw it live. Devin Taylor 100% did not facemask Rodgers. I understand the ref missing it on the field.
Full speed, real time? It looked like a face mask. In the light of history... probably not, though it's right on that dividing line of what is or isn't a face mask.

Gotta admit I'm tired of all the games where we're talking about the officials though. My preference is to do away with instant replay entirely, accept that there will be bad calls, and stop the hyper-analysis of whether or not a ball shifts by a millimeter as a wide receiver falls to the ground shown in infinitely slow motion a dozen times.

There's a whole sub-game now of "out-guess the ref" with what are supposed to be the most tense and exciting moments of the game getting defused by a red flag. I'd rather have my team lose a game on a bad call every so often (and presumably win a couple the same way in the fullness of history) than need to wait for five minutes to find out whether or not I get to celebrate a late game touchdown.

~Aldin, lately
Agreed. The replay system that I initially embraced has backfired. It would be one thing if they at least always made the right call now but all to often they could out and still get the call wrong, so why bother with it at all.
Old December 4th, 2015, 05:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
They did away with the 5 yard facemask penalty several years ago.
Old December 4th, 2015, 05:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
They did away with the 5 yard facemask penalty several years ago.
Yep...too much judgement involved they thought...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 4th, 2015, 06:41 PM
C3G's First Fan

I can never keep track of whether it's only in college, only in the pros, or the differences in their rules. The only thing I'm sure of is that pros now kick extra points from 30 more yards. That said, I watched the game too and that guy absolutely grasped Rodgers' face-mask. He immediately let it go and Rodgers did act like he still had it. But whether he only briefly touched it or pulled him down by it, it's a face mask and the refs made the right call.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old December 4th, 2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I can never keep track of whether it's only in college, only in the pros, or the differences in their rules. The only thing I'm sure of is that pros now kick extra points from 30 more yards. That said, I watched the game too and that guy absolutely grasped Rodgers' face-mask. He immediately let it go and Rodgers did act like he still had it. But whether he only briefly touched it or pulled him down by it, it's a face mask and the refs made the right call.
It's a good thing I already don't respect your opinion due to your horrible taste in all things entertainment.

Old December 4th, 2015, 07:25 PM
C3G's First Fan

Wow! I certainly hope your joking. Otherwise, that's pretty rude. That being said, I respect your devotion to your team and I'll just agree to disagree with your opinion here.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV