Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 9th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Whats your Army Idea? Index!

There are bound to be many more releases of heroscape, along with people thinking up armies as cards are released and the What is your army threads are going to be numerous, so why don't we compact the official threads in one index for everyone's viewing pleasure!
Along with being able to clear the new units army threads out of the way!

Wave 8/8.5

Wolves of Badru-what's your army idea?

Moriko- what's your army idea?

Zetacron- what's your army idea?

Ulginesh- what's your army idea?

Jorhdawn- what's your army idea?

Arkmer- what's your army idea?

Gurie-Oni- what's your army idea?

Kato Katsuro- what's your army idea?

Emirroon- what's your army idea?

Sujoah, and the Spiders- what's your army idea?

Sir Dupius- what's your army idea?

Chardris- what's your army idea?

Grok Riders- what's your army idea?

Otonashi- what's your army idea?

Zelring- what's your army idea?

10th Regiment of foot- what's your army idea?

Wave 9

Brave Arrow & the Mohicans- what's your army idea

Marro Dividers - What's your army idea?

The Axegrinders of Burning Forge - what's your army idea?

Omnicron Repulsors - what's your army idea?

Tul Bak Ra - What's your army idea?

Protectors of Ullar - What's your army idea?

Migol Ironwill - what's your army idea?

Kumiko - What's your army idea?

Capuan Gladiators - what's your army idea?

Wave 10

Granite Guardians - What's your army idea?

Quasatch Hunters - What's your army idea?

BftU Wave 1

Greenscale Warriors - What's your army idea?

Wyvern- What's your army idea?

Greater Ice Elemental - What's your army idea?

That's it for now, but with new things coming out, you can believe that this is going to be updated!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Last edited by Shades fan; February 23rd, 2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Whats your Army Idea? Index!

Here's the one for the Groks - it doesn't follow the naming convention but should be included anyway.

~Aldin, who almost forgot the link: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=18572

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 9th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for that, I changed the title to reflect on the rest!

Old June 9th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Great idea, this should be stickied! Aldin, or whoever, you should make a "what's your army idea" for all the figures (no pressure on you).
Old June 15th, 2008, 03:46 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm going to post this here as well as in battle reports as all the armies were "what's your army idea?" armies:

Wave 8/8.5 Battle Reports!

All battles were fought on the close range and melee friendly map setup included with the Ticalla Jungle rulebook and consisted of 500 point, pre-built, “what’s your army idea?” armies.

Battle 1

Army 1
Sujoah
2x Fyorlag Spiders
Venoc Warlord
1xArmoc Vipers
Marro Warriors

Army 2 (credit killercactus)
Nilfheim
Wo Sa Ga
2xNagrubs
2xMarro Stingers

Nilfheim was busily owning this battle when Sujoah came adjacent and rolled two skulls. Poor Nilf rolled but a single shield and felt poison coursing through his mighty veins – 13, 16, 15, 12… only 1 life left and the feeling of being at the precipice of a great moment – the Ullar die was cast (Aquilla lacking her own dice at this point)

An awesome moment soon lost as the Stingers began their reign of terror, dropping Sujoah and injuring the Venoc Warlord before finally falling to the Spiders of all things (on an orphaned turn marker now that Sujoah was no more). Wo Sa Ga slithered out against the Venoc Warlord – barely missing a Coil Crush with a 14 – but finishing him in the next turn anyway. Then it was a Nagrub-less Wo Sa Ga (used variously earlier) against the might of the Marro Warriors. No contest – the big snake just couldn’t kill them fast enough and Army 1 had the victory.

Wave 8/8.5 impressions:

Sujoah: Worked as advertised. Watching Nilfheim fall to poison cemented Sujoah in my mind as a truly worthy anti-hero force – especially with the mind-boggling speed! B+

Fyorlag Spiders: Supported by the Venoc Warlord, height was easy to come by making these easily hidden troops effectively into 3/3s. It was much more difficult than I thought it would be to get in position for the entanglement. Units simply don’t tend to have three easily reached adjacent spaces free. B-

Wo Sa Ga: A bit of a disappointment in his first outing. He goes through Nagrubs as fast as SBN and TKN without either TKN’s squad killing ability or SBN’s mobility, power and support features. Coil Crush potentially looks interesting, but even if it had worked versus the VW it would only have brought Mittens death forward by a single turn and that wouldn’t have been a difference maker in this game. C-

Battle 2

Army 1 (credit killercactus)
Ulginesh
Jorhdawn
Chardris
Emiroon
Arkmer
Kyntela Gwyn
Otonashi

Army 2
Kato Katsuro
Kozuke Samurai
2xAshigaru Harq.
2xAshigaru Spear.

The heroes versus the horde! I was really excited to see this one play out, but it was mostly a slaughter. There was no way to bring the might of eight units to bear against the Elves in the broken terrain without bunching them up. Jorhdawn’s area attack plowed through Ashigaru like candy and she even got off a shot at a Kozuke surrounded Kato Katsuro, leaving the Daimyo untouched but eliminating the entire squad. By the time Kato had to come out to play, the Ashigaru had eliminated Jorhdawn, Chardris, Kyntela Gwyn and Otonashi. Ulgy was in pretty poor shape as well. Arkmer, on the other hand, was in fine fettle. One surprisingly strong strategy developed here as Emiroon locked down Kato and Arkmer threw five dice from height – yeah – that didn’t last long. Another Army 1 wins!

Wave 8/8.5 impressions:

Ulginesh: A bit more fragile than I was comfortable with – a mere two Harq shots reduced him to a teetering two life remaining. He needs to get height – preferably next to some jungle. The multiple hero activation is gold. B

Jorhdawn: In a Wizard army and fighting squads she is a superior killer who exercises tremendous map control. She will also be dead before the end of every single game you play with her. B+

Chardris: A five dice, ranged special attack is nothing to sneeze at. A good pair with Jorhdawn, but unspectacular in his own right. B

Emiroon: The extra defensive die and lack of obvious threat means he is likely to be your least touched Elf in the late stages of the game. Unfortunately, his summoning is a bit on the unreliable side. The lack of disengagement strike on the summon is great though – he rescued a couple of situations – and with Ulginesh you don’t need to be prescient about when his rescues will be needed. B-

Arkmer: Fifty points is a steal. No one wants to go adjacent. His Elf surrounded high defense combined with the desirability of targets like Jorhdawn, Chardris and Ulginesh means he will be around late – tossing five dice at range from height. Brutal. A-

Otonashi: Got one speedy move out of her and watched her die. She’s 10 points - *shrug* - B

Kato Katsuro: I almost don’t know what to say here. Ashigaru need an uncongested map. Anything else is death. This guy makes me wonder if even a common gladiator squad can make Spartacus worth his points. D

Battle 3

Army 1 (credit NecroBlade)
Marcus
Parmenio
Zetacron
2x10th Foot
2xSacred Band

Army 2
Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM)
Moriko
Gurei Oni
Nakita Agents

This just flat out was not a fair fight. The lack of a special attack doomed Army 1 – but I think it helps to demonstrate that ranged normal attacks have lost some power in 8/8.5.

The Nakitas established a firebase early and single-handedly trashed Marcus, Parmenio, half the Sacred Band and half the 10th Foot. The 10th couldn’t get past the smoke and the height and lost the other half of their members trying to gun down a jungle boosted Gurei Oni (who later fell rather easily to the Sacred Band). Zetacron nearly turned it around all by himself. In three smoke free turns he sniped all three Nakitas from outside the range of their height restricted location. Attaining a two space height, he was accosted by Drake – who failed to penetrate his height assisted five defensive dice. Rolling next turn, Zetacron dropped SIX skulls, a doubled three, on Drake. I wondered… what if Drake whiffs? I didn’t think Moriko could close fast enough to avoid getting crushed. But he nabbed a couple of shields and penetrated Zeta’s armor the very next turn, ending the game with a solid Army 2 victory.

Wave 8/8.5 impressions:

Zetacron: Ouch! For 60 points you get plenty of bang for the buck. Get a bit of height and watch your foes crumble. I’d hate to be plinking Rats with him, but he sure demands respect within his thirteen hex threat range. A-

10th Foot: Not an ideal match up, but they didn’t do anything for me. It worries me a bit that they aren’t good everywhere like the 4th seem to be. Still, nothing saves a ranged squad from smokin’ hot Nakitas. I’m giving them an incomplete.

Moriko: She sat in the starting zone. Incomplete.

Gurei Oni: My favorite sculpt of all the new units. The problem isn’t that Gurei’s vulnerable to normal ranged attacks, but that getting into melee doesn’t do much for him. The three dice Tetsubo doesn’t cut it against a squad with 3+ defense and the four defense is rather quickly penetrated by three dice coming the other way. C-

All-in-all I was much more impressed with the Elves than I thought I would be. I also couldn’t believe how quickly Zetacron can turn the tables in a seemingly hopeless situation. I can hardly wait to try out the Wolves of Badru, Grok Riders and Zelrig.

~Aldin, lengthily

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 15th, 2008, 03:43 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Nice re-cap Aldin...Wave 8 is definately fun to play with, ay?

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:14 PM

Ay!

~Aldin, wondering what "ay" means

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 15th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Ay!

You need to play with
The wolves, and Sir Dupius!
I love your reports Aldin!

Old June 15th, 2008, 10:46 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Ay!

I always thought it was spelled "Eh"
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Update on Kato!

Played a 2v2 match last night where my partner used the previous Kato army on an uncongested map. Our opponents foolishly summoned Kato to where he could take a swipe to climb halfway up a double-high tower and survey the entire battlefield.

Glorious moments include:

-The bargain basement Ashigaru whittling away at the prestigious Elves - denying them time and time again as they protected a glyph.

-The Yari vs. the Vikings. A battle royale with a single Yari taking part in the demise of three Vikings before finally falling to the last (the sculpt with the spear, awesomely enough) in the open doorway to the enemy castle.

-The massively awesome Kozuke leaping from the central bridge and into the water to attack Nilfheim - who thought he was safe behind a two deep layer of water from the shore. The dual katana wielding Kozuke, with his team, diced the once proud King.

Forget the "D". In the right situation he's an A+. Overall though, I'm leaning toward a B.

~Aldin, deeply impressed

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Quote:
Update on Kato!

Played a 2v2 match last night where my partner used the previous Kato army on an uncongested map. Our opponents foolishly summoned Kato to where he could take a swipe to climb halfway up a double-high tower and survey the entire battlefield.

Glorious moments include:

-The bargain basement Ashigaru whittling away at the prestigious Elves - denying them time and time again as they protected a glyph.

-The Yari vs. the Vikings. A battle royale with a single Yari taking part in the demise of three Vikings before finally falling to the last (the sculpt with the spear, awesomely enough) in the open doorway to the enemy castle.

-The massively awesome Kozuke leaping from the central bridge and into the water to attack Nilfheim - who thought he was safe behind a two deep layer of water from the shore. The dual katana wielding Kozuke, with his team, diced the once proud King.

Forget the "D". In the right situation he's an A+. Overall though, I'm leaning toward a B.

~Aldin, deeply impressed
I think this is how people should see him. Most people just judge him without playing him, and they are missing a lot of fun with him if they don't bother playing him.

now on maps like Highways and Dieways, he can suck really badly.

Old May 25th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Figure we better bring this back!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion