Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 10th, 2008, 04:48 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Re: HEXES in TEXAS 2008 - NHSD - Dallas/Ft.Worth Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez View Post
well I'll be home myself around 5-6ish
Rym's usually gets over here 8-9ish

so anytime after 6 is kewl with me

cheers
Rod
I can make it around 8 or so!

sweet!
if anyone else wants to come out just pm here, or call me or Rym or Drl..who both have my number..

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old October 13th, 2008, 03:00 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If we've gotta be out of there by 5:00...does anyone have plans for an after party?

Old October 13th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
If we've gotta be out of there by 5:00...does anyone have plans for an after party?
Well I was planning on drinking champagne out of the trophy, like the hockey teams do. Does that count?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 13th, 2008, 09:40 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Well I was planning on drinking champagne out of the trophy, like the hockey teams do. Does that count?
Can we infer from this that you'll be using a hockey stick to mug whoever wins it in the parking lot? The forensics team will enjoy that...

Old October 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

(looks at trophy)...umm...not sure there is anywhere to even put champagne to drink on this baby
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Can we infer from this that you'll be using a hockey stick to mug whoever wins it in the parking lot? The forensics team will enjoy that...
Well not now......the secret's out.

(Guess I'll have to go the old-fashioned route and just win the thing)

And Onacara, I was referring to the 50 pound monstrosity that DrLivingston's brother welded together.

Edit: Uh, Onacara, shouldn't that trophy be on its way in time for me, I mean, us DFW scapers, to gaze upon it at the tourney?

Last edited by rym; October 13th, 2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: And I mean monstrosity in the fondest terms, because it is freakin' cool.
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:39 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

It will be there...for you to look upon and cry when it leaves with someone else.
Old October 13th, 2008, 01:32 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
We will have to do the prize distribution a bit differently than previous years. We can't wait until the end of the final match to start doing the prizes, so 1st and 2nd place will be a few preset prizes. I will work out the details and post 'em up.

Don't worry; you will still have a shot at the EOV.
OK, here is the deal. Screw preset prizes; that just won't work and it wouldn't be fair to the top finishers. Since we have to be out of there by 5pm, the breakdown and prize distribution has to begin as soon as the 5th round is over. However, I still want to have a final match between the top 2 finishers.

Here is what we are going to do:

Once round 5 is over we will start the prize distribution. The current #1 ranked player will get first selection off of the prize table. The #2 ranked player will then get two selections off of the prize table. Then the #1 ranked player gets another selection off of the prize table. Those two players will then play the championship match for the title and the trophy.

Then starting with the 3rd rank player we go straight down the list until all prizes are claimed. This will be happening while the final match is taking place. We will also be tearing down and packing up during the final.

I realize this is a bit busy but it allows each of the top two finishers to garnish two prizes each. They will keep their selected prizes regardless of the outcome of the final match.

Make sense?
We have a potential problem here. Dicemaster's awesome battle tower is as for the Champion and is basically another trophy for the winner. However, the Heroscape tower that Imax is bringing is probably going to be just as coveted. I can't see letting the winner get both of these awesome pieces but I also can't see dictating that the 1st place finisher doesn't have a chance at the Heroscape Tower.

I am changing this up:

Once round 5 is over we will start the prize distribution. The current #1 ranked player will get first selection off of the prize table. The #2 ranked player will then get a selection off of the prize table. Those two players will then play the championship match for the title, Onacara's trophy, and choice of either tower with the second place finisher getting the unclaimed tower. The selected prize table items would remain regardless of the outcome from the championship match.

Double quoting myself...Aren't I cool?

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 13th, 2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old October 13th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Like at a bar? Is there a bar in that mall?

I wouldn't mind going to some place, drinking, and then complaining bitterly how I was robbed of victory...

"I had the glyph of Lodin and the Venoc Warlord and didn't frenzy once! Not once! And I lost to Podwest! I mean come on!"

Last edited by DrLivingston; October 13th, 2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Anyone else thinking Ry-"Double Quotes"-chean keeps rearranging the prize system so that he can get the prizes he wants?
Old October 14th, 2008, 12:26 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Quote:
Like at a bar? Is there a bar in that mall?

I wouldn't mind going to some place, drinking, and then complaining bitterly how I was robbed of victory...

"I had the glyph of Lodin and the Venoc Warlord and didn't frenzy once! Not once! And I lost to Podwest! I mean come on!"
no bar there as I recall
Gameworks has a bar though
chili's in the mall itself also.

outside there's several on william d tate though.

so what happens if i dont bring q9 this time?

-
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Who Bummed Woo

Egads, Rodriquez!! Are you feeling okay!

Old October 14th, 2008, 08:00 AM

aahzmandius is surprisingly tart

I are so hosed....I've got to trim down from nine potential armies to just one between now and Saturday.
Wish I had been able to make it to Rod's for some practice on Friday.

Anyone in DFW who doesn't work days wanna get some practice rounds in between now and the tourney?

--Aahz

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day