Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 6th, 2017, 12:26 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

The rest of the gold and other aspects we counted correctly. Really there isnt any anything else miscalculated so our sheets just need to be subtracted to level 2 but our 2 upgrades each stay.

Edit: so our first game was not as epic. But it felt epic. This game was a blast. Thanks for sharing it @Hahma .

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 6th, 2017, 06:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Im glad I looked it over again. I looked up how we messed up our points. The game did go long but our wizards were knocked out some 5 to 6 rounds in. We both got 150xp from treasure. He got 80 xp from my apprentice and 4 spells to put him at 270. I ended with 200. That lets both of us level twice. I just made the mistake of thinking wizards started at level 1 not 0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The rest of the gold and other aspects we counted correctly. Really there isnt any anything else miscalculated so our sheets just need to be subtracted to level 2 but our 2 upgrades each stay.

Edit: so our first game was not as epic. But it felt epic. This game was a blast. Thanks for sharing it @Hahma .
Cool. Easy mistake where you both were equally bumped up. Not that it matters a whole bunch if it were just you two, but since you want to get your other brothers into it, they will be only a couple levels behind now.

Regarding treasure, yeah sometimes you can get lucky and get a lot of money, my daughter certainly did. I tend to get magical items or armor/weapons more than gold, so that is neat in a sense, though I sold a couple of them to have some cash reserves. The 2 things that I really got bad luck on were the 2 grimoires of spells I didn't know, so I can't sell them, but they are from other houses of magic and already have high cast rolls before any penalties. So they will just have to sit in my vault, because I'm not going to wast a level up on learning them and then more level ups to bring them down into decent casting levels, at least not until I've gotten high enough level that I may not have too much else to spend level ups on.

Glad you are digging it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 6th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I received the Plast Craft barricades yesterday and worked on them a little before dinner and a little after while my wife and daughters were doing their own thing. It doesn't come with instructions, you have to go to their website to find them. No biggie really, but I would highly recommend dry fitting the pieces together and get an idea of how it needs to go before following the instructions and gluing step by step. One part where it tells you when to attack the inner rail to the top stair would be impossible if you had already glued the stairs to the riser on the right side. So I glued the top of the riser to the bottom of the rail first and then connected it to the stairs. There are a couple other minor things I did different just to make it easier. But they were an easy build and a nice break after all the 4Ground stuff I recently built.

Here are the terrain pieces from Ulterior Motives that I finally got painted over the long weekend. It's hard to see, but there is a turquoise color in the carved inlays of some of the pieces. Kind of a pain to do and not as glowy as I'd like, but I'm satisfied with them for what they are. I just have to spray varnish the archway and the pit/crater. I brush varnished the other stuff with Army Painter anti-shine, but need to spray the others because of the ground stuff I glued on, as I don't want them brushing off. But it's been so humid here lately, I don't want them to get a foggy finish that will happen when spray varnishing when it's too humid.

And finally, I got a sample cask/barrel done. Now to do the rest. Thanks for the idea for that TREX

Old July 6th, 2017, 12:38 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Those all look really great. I could probably pull off something like those barricades with the materials I have at my house. I'm thinking I might use a bunch of this terrain I build with my walking dead all out war. (once I get to try it.)Even though its not as genre specific, I think it will do fine, especially if I accent it with some Genre specific terrain. Next I'm going to finish painting my custom sculpt mod heroclix. They turned out so cool, and for like 10-25 cents each. I'm especially digging my Electro wizard I made. I also made 5 cultists for the scenarios in the lich book. I'm not sure if I want to let people use them in their warband or just keep those 5 for the scenarios. For skeletons I'm using the reaper skeletons that c3v uses for the tomb skeletons and for armored skeletons I'll be using the death knights of valkrill. I have at least 6 of them. You guys already seen the painted genie. I have a couple different options for the giant worm. I have a bunch of big demon figures to use as major demons. I think I'll repaint them for this though. I'll give a shout out if I find some figures for the specific weird creatures of frostgrave.
Terrain wise, my next slew of projects will be:
-Well of Sorrows (with LED lighting in bottom of pool)
-5 small wells for the well or pit scenario, also with LED lighting
-4 vortex looking bases for the keep scenario as teleport pads
-a 10inch tower with two small buildings for the silent tower scenario
-a broken down cart for one of the lich scenarios with the cultists( made from a broken carriage toy in my bits box.)
-and so many more things, I go kind of nuts when I get working in the shop. Another 12 hour shift today, so just get to think about it and not get to do it.
@Hahma , For the cool arch doorways they have them for games like zombicide black plague and massive darkness. I bought two door packs giving me 30 doorways that are medieval looking and open. These will work perfect for this game too. I also got a couple of small bridges in there that will work well for this game too. Also comes with some 12 columns, tons of treasure chests. All that stuff will work great when it comes in a month or so. Also looking forward to using a bunch of the minis for this game as well. Considering I got a double pledge I might just use one full set of heroes as warband members.

Old July 6th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Gets kind of addictive doesn't it TREX?

The Great thing about having a lot of Heroscape stuff is being able to reimplement it for other games. It seems like those with zombicide or other miniatures games get to do the same thing, as it's nice to get max use out of stuff we already have. For me though, I didn’t have any other minis games that would fit this genre, so I use Scape stuff and buy soldier and undead minis kits.

Like you said about the barricades you plan on making, I'm thinking the ones I got will also work for The Walking Dead game that my buddy Chris bought a lot into recently. I told him last night that those, the dumpsters I already did, the crates I recently finished and the cask/barrels will be useful to add to that game. So it's nice to be able to find or make some generic enough stuff to be multipurpose and get more bang for your buck.

Sounds like you have your hands full of upcoming projects. I can't wait to see the LED stuff you make

Old July 6th, 2017, 03:27 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Gets kind of addictive doesn't it TREX?

The Great thing about having a lot of Heroscape stuff is being able to reimplement it for other games. It seems like those with zombicide or other miniatures games get to do the same thing, as it's nice to get max use out of stuff we already have. For me though, I didn’t have any other minis games that would fit this genre, so I use Scape stuff and buy soldier and undead minis kits.

Like you said about the barricades you plan on making, I'm thinking the ones I got will also work for The Walking Dead game that my buddy Chris bought a lot into recently. I told him last night that those, the dumpsters I already did, the crates I recently finished and the cask/barrels will be useful to add to that game. So it's nice to be able to find or make some generic enough stuff to be multipurpose and get more bang for your buck.

Sounds like you have your hands full of upcoming projects. I can't wait to see the LED stuff you make
Addictive, why I don't know what your talking about. Addictive indeed. I have almost as much fun building all this stuff as I do playing the games. Soon, I'd like to get back to speed painting a ton of my minis for rum and bones, zombicide, zombicide black plague, and a bunch more. I think my backing of zombicide green horde will be my last kickstarter for a while as I am getting way too many minis to play with, much less paint. I think that is one of the bonuses to frostgrave is that you don't have to have a ton of minis to play it to the maximum. I have so many, its a matter of which ones look the coolest on the table, and yet I still am making custom ones out of random heroclix just for fun. Pictures are going to come tonight of some of what I have been doing for sure.

Old July 9th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Recently finished models for Frostgrave. Imp, Minor Demon, Giant Rats, Boar, Ice Toad and Warhound that came with the Cultist Tracker.

Did the warhound this morning.
Not thrilled with the rats. The sculpts aren't that great, so I wasn't as inspired. They're rats and will do the job.
The Ice Toad is fugly, like an Ice Toad should be I guess.
Added a group photo with a Frostgrave soldier mini for scale perspective.

Imp

Minor Demon

Boar

Ice Toad

Giant Rats

Warhound that came with the Cultist Tracker

Group photo with Northstar mini (28mm)of a Man at Arms used for Frostgrave

Old July 9th, 2017, 01:46 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome @Hahma ! I especially like the warhound.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 9th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Awesome @Hahma ! I especially like the warhound.
Thanks Keglo!

I have to give credit to Sam Lenz for inspiration. I watched him do a wet blend of a wolf fur cloak a warrior model was wearing. I figured that it would work pretty well on this style of warhound miniature.

Old July 9th, 2017, 05:31 PM
"like" happy

The Wolf and toad are my favorite, though the minor demon does look cool too. I'll have to figure up a cool way to do wolves for all the zombie wolves in my Zombicide Wulfsburg box. Problem is, since the 4th, I've been doing 12 hour shifts every day at work and I'm still doing them right now. I got to show off my frostgrave stuff to some gamer friends the other day though. I really wanted to post pictures but I haven't set foot in my shop all week. I did have a chance to clear coat my 5 death cultists, that I made out of green stuff and heroclix. They turned out pretty cool. @Hahma , did you get any of the northstar cultist figures? I don't know why, but I really like the look of them.

Old July 9th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Thas TREX!

The wolf looking one is actually listed as a warhound by the manufacturer, though the official pictured version from the blister pact is painted to look more like a Husky. I pretty much wanted to go with the same color scheme as Sam Lenz did for the wolf cloak he painted. So yeah, he's going to be a badass warhound for me next time I have space to hire him, or buy a kennel. He came with the Cultist Tracker figure. There is another warhound that came with a regular tracker, and that version looks like a huge Rottweiler.

I like the look of the Northstar Cultists as well, but didn't buy that kit. So the only Cultist I have is the one that came with the warhound. Northstar has a cool Barbarian kit too, but I don't have that either. I still have 5 of the 20 from the soldiers kit that I still have to build and paint, just have to figure on which types of soldiers I want them to be. I also had been busy with terrain and creatures. Now I'm starting some figures from my friend Jeff's Sword and Sorcery game.

Sucks that you have to work so much, but at least that means more hobby money for when things get back to normal

Old July 10th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nice work, everyone! I like seeing everyone's work on figs and terrain for this game. I took the easy way out and use DDM/Pathfinder prepainted minis for my warband and wandering monsters. My friends use a variety of minis include Warmachine/Hordes, Reaper and various minis from other companies. I just like being able to use my collection of DDM/PF stuff for a great game!

For terrain, I have a lot of prepainted GF9, Pegasus and aquarium terrain we use along with felt cutouts for tree/rubble/water areas. The pea green glass beads are treasure tokens (easy to see on the busy map).

Let me know if you can't see the pictures.

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures