Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 8th, 2018, 12:30 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Classic Heroscape Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I know I said I wouldn't really make changes, but I decided to make a couple:

Blade Gruts and Arrow Gruts: Up from B to B+. It just didn't seem right to have them a whole grade below Venocs.

Atlaga, Minions of Utgar, Sentinels of Jandar: Down from A- to B. Squads this expensive are rarely worth it, no matter how good their stats are.

Fire elemental down to B+ from A-. If the A's represent what to expect in tournaments, it doesn't make sense to see Kurrok and co. up there.

I plan to keep most of the other discrepancies OEAO's list has with mine though.
I agree about the Gruts, they're absolutely better than B. B+ fits them, I'd say.

I agree with Atlaga, but disagree with the two kyries. The two kyries are too strong for B; A- could be too high, but below B+ is too low in my opinion. They're strong squads, and if you compensate for cookie cutter swarms with the rest of your army then they'll shine. Q9+Minionsx2 is quite strong (probably sentinels too), and Sentinels+4th is hella strong (and the less-seen Minions+10th). Them + PKs I like too. I can concede A- might be too high but I really can't see them lower than B+. Especially if we're starting to lean towards lower hex/figure counts where common hordes are smaller.

But yeah Atlaga lower I def agree with. He's a deadly tool, but only ~1/4 of games his bolt will strike, and will it always be in a game where the thing he kills is very high in points?

Fire Elemental lower I agree with, your reasoning makes sense. I'm always very wary about that army anyways; Kurrok dying is such a flaw. Also I can see it stuggling on a lot of SotM maps, which is 1/3 to 1/2 of map pools usually.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion