Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 23rd, 2015, 02:30 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Just_a_Bill's Customs — latest: Ru-Wa-Na (Marro behemoth)

2022/02/16: Added Ru-Wa-Na the Hivelord.

2021/09/17: Added Monag the female Orc.

2021/07/09: Added Sigmacron.

2015/06/28: Added Tikkerak.

2015/06/19: Added the Cybercops.

2015/04/28: Added Agent Borrciga.

2015/02/23: Started thread with Devoros the Shade King.

Devoros is inspired by a cool Mage Knight miniature (called Specter) that I found in the cheap bin at my local shop. The neat thing about this mini is that he is molded without any visible body parts ... the kneepads and such are connected to the cape in such a way that his face, legs, etc. are literally not present in the sculpt.

I rendered Devoros as a rectangular card, in a format that I've been working on lately (still a work in progress). These cards use the Flying icon developed for C3G to represent the FLYING special power.

ENHANCED SOUL DEVOUR
Before moving Devoros or a Shades of Bleakwoode squad you control, you may choose an adjacent Hero or Squad figure that is unique or common. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 18 or higher, destroy Devoros, then take control of the chosen figure and its Army Card. Remove any Order Markers on that Army Card. When taking control of a squad figure, you may take control of additional figure(s) for that Army Card up to a total of one full squad of figures.

WARRIOR-KING
When taking a turn with the Shades of Bleakwoode, you may either move Devoros once in lieu of moving a Shade, or attack with Devoros once in lieu of attacking with a Shade. You may do both if you control fewer than three Shades of Bleakwoode.

STEALTH FLYING
When Devoros starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
I wanted to make a champion for the Shades, but finding a good skill set was tricky. Bonding seemed too good, since MOVE 7 with Stealth Flying is already very speedy; and I didn't want to add 1 to their Soul Devour roll and change the whole dynamic of how they play. So I'm experimenting with two ideas: (1) Soul Devouring a whole squad, and (2) having the champion move or attack as a proxy member of the squad, which is barely even a mini-bonding effect but can feel satisfying when you otherwise would only get to move/attack with 2 Shades (due to attrition, Cyberclaw, whatever). It also should be a good way to get the champion up the field in those initial turns where there isn't anyone to attack, without using up an entire OM just to move one guy.

The intent of the design of these special powers is that you might want OMs on Devoros and might want them on the Shades, depending upon the situation. I want those decisions to still be important.

The basic theme for Devoros is that he's sort of a sacrificial king who can drop into the midst of ranged trouble like Krav or Omnicrons or whatever. He ties them up so they can't shoot at Shades; he lasts longer than a Shade with his higher LIFE and DEFENSE; and he can keep trying to convert the ranged unit(s) while keeping them tied down, even if your OMs are on Shades instead of Devoros. (Thematically, he doesn't really even "sacrifice" himself — if successful — since his consciousness lives on inside the squad or hero he devours.)

His pricing is not based on any kind of rigorous analysis of his gameplay; I simply wanted to make a unit that could easily swap in for one squad of Shades in any existing build. Thus, as I tweak the design I will be more likely to want to fiddle with the stats and specials than change the cost.

All constructive comments are appreciated.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; February 16th, 2022 at 08:22 PM. Reason: adding Ru-Wa-Na the Hivelord

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards