Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old January 1st, 2009, 02:36 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Vydar is the man's Map Thread **New Maps 5/17/09**

Since everyone else involved in the BoM has a Marvel map thread I thought I should have one too. So here it is.

(Pic Comong Soon)
Fortress of Solitude (M3G Prototype)
Uses: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 TT, 1 MtCB
PDF: Click Here
BoM Compliant

(Pic Coming Soon)
Gotham City Bank (M3G Prototype)
Uses: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 2 MtCB
Not BoM Compliant

(Pic Coming Soon)
Batcave (M3G Prototype)
Uses: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 RotV, 1 TJ
BoM Compliant

(Pic Coming Soon)
Grundy's Grave (M3G Prototype)
Uses: 1 SotM, 1 MtCB, 1 TJ, 1 RttFF
BoM Compliant

(Pic Coming Soon)
Darkseid's Arrival (M3G Prototype)
Uses: 1 VW, 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 MtCB
PDF Click Here
BoM Compliant

Bases Under the Bridge
Uses: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 MtCB, 1 TJ
BoM Compliant

Malodorr Swamp Remake
Uses: 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 MtCB, 1 TJ
BoM Compliant

ScapeCity Dump
Uses: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 VW, 1 MtCB
BoM Compliant

Doc Ock's Hideout
Uses: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 TJ, 1 MtCB
BoM Compliant

Hotel Lobby Construction
Uses: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF, 1 MtCB
BoM Compliant

Last Stand on Alcatraz Island
Uses: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 MtCB
BoM Complaint

Alien Reasearch Station
Uses: 1 Sotm, 1 MtCB, 1 FotA
BoM Compliant

Office Building Construction
Uses: 1 RotV, 1 MtCB, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF
BoM Compliant

Pulse Mechanism
Uses: 1 Rotv, 1 FotA, 1 TJ
BoM Compliant

All feedback is welcome.

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; May 17th, 2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Adding M3G prototypes
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:10 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Vydar is the man's Map Thread

I fixed the links.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old January 5th, 2009, 05:29 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool maps. I like all three of the special rules you have for your maps. I am not sure how often the Pulse Mechanism would be used though, because it requires 4 of your 12 characters (max) to actvate. Still I like the idea of turning n entire area of the board into a dangerous area.

The elevators in the office building are a great way of helping non-fliers get to height.

Have you playtested these yet? I would be interested in hearing a battle report.
Old January 5th, 2009, 07:46 PM

I've only played the Construction site and I've found that the street is used as a safe spot for melee figs because the last line of hexes is just out of range of the marvel figs.

-Vitm

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; January 5th, 2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OK, I really can see how the street is actually a good idea. I think that you ought to keep it.

Another issue I see right away is start zone placement. Whoever has initiative is going to immediately get a shot at the opponent from height, especially with a dragon or Marvel hero. I think you need to change the start zones to give a small measure of "breathing room."

Also, a small problem I have with the road is that it is lower than the grass adjacent. If indeed you want that to be a safe spot for melee characters, it needs to be on an equal plane. I think to make this map great, you might have to add some addition LOS blockers on the street side to make it more worthwhile for a player to send his/her figures that direction, or at least make a path so that the melee characters do not have to waste 4 turns (going through the water) or risk certain death (moving within range of the towers).

I hope this helps. I like it a lot and look forward to further playtesting your future versions.

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old January 13th, 2009, 06:47 PM

What I'm looking at doing right now is putting a little area on the other side of the road and adding RttFF for more los blockers.

-Vitm

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:27 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
I've only played the Construction site and I've found that the street is used as a safe spot for melee figs because the last line of hexes is just out of range of the marvel figs.

-Vitm
Not to mention it looks thematically better
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Quote:

-Vitm
Not to mention it looks thematically better
Very true.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old January 20th, 2009, 05:33 PM

Re: Vydar is the man's Map Thread **New Map 1/20/09**

*********New map based on Alcatraz Island from X-men 3*********

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old January 20th, 2009, 05:38 PM

pjperl is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Cool Maps!

I especially like Last Stand on Alcatraz Island.

Krug is destined to rule the world!!!
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:54 PM

Attention All

The new version of Office Construction Site is up and running so go ahead and download it again.

-Vitm

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old January 21st, 2009, 06:05 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Attention All

The new version of Office Construction Site is up and running so go ahead and download it again.

-Vitm
Right off the bat, this looks like a better map than the previous version. Here are a couple of questions about how the lifts work. Does a figure have to end its movement on the glyph to be lifted to the top or can it keep moving after it has been brought up? If the figure can keep moving, does both the glyph and the space above count as a space of movement or do you just count the movement onto the glyph? Also, there are some spelling errors in the wording that you may want to clean up before you resubmit this the the BoM project.

I noticed that you topped the door with regular road tiles instead of wall walk tiles (level 14). Is there any way to switch them to actual wall walk tiles?

Other than that, this map looks cool and I hope to give it a go sometime in the near future.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios