Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 29th, 2007, 10:34 PM

aielman has disabled reputation
Alternative to order markers

I came up with a new way to play that doesn't require using the order markers (sorta but I'll explain more later) Without further ado here are the rules.

1) a player can move any piece they wish.

2) At the end of the turn remove 1 order marker from any piece that was not activated this turn. (ie if you use the knights and Finn, only the knights were actually activated)

3) Put an order marker on any piece that was activated this turn.

errata

Any piece that has an order marker on it has one less attack dice per order marker that is on it. IE 2 order markers = two less attack dice. This is due to added exertion of overextending the unit without rest. Commons are effected as a group, ie if they have 1 they all have 1.

Any piece that removes order markers now adds instead.

The 4 eyed dog that noone uses (Dund) adds 2 markers

Reasoning.
By removing markers AFTER movement, units that add markers are able to actually effect the course of battle by making the unit the attacked weaker.

Dund on average should remove about 2 markers (if he doesn't why in the world are you using him????)

By only removing attack dice instead of defense dice as well you dont run the risk of making your guy easier to kill by moving him. This is especially important with common squads where all guys are effected.

A successful heal removes 1 marker as well.

Another variation that could be considered is that you add increasing order markers, 1, 2, 3, X. 1, 2, and 3 decrease 1 attack die each. X decreases the defense dice by 2 and no unit with an X on it can be used until the X is removed.(Equivalent of being exhausted)

Tell me what you think!!
Old August 30th, 2007, 11:34 AM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Interesting idea, but I think most people fall into two catagories: (1) Order Markers are a important part of the strategy of Heroscape and (2) Order Markers add too much structure to the gameplay and reduce the "fun". The former group won't want to make such a radical change to the use of Order Marker as you are proposing and the latter group doesn't want to use the markers at all.
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:25 PM

aielman has disabled reputation
lol yah I actually fall into group 1, but I am always trying to come up with new ways to play

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions