Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:07 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
SF Bay Area - Immortals Tournament - January

Hey NorCal. Time to get the ball rolling on the next Event.

When: 01.29.11 (CONFIRMED)
Where: Game Kastle

The Event: Immortals Variant Rules - Revised.

ALL PLAYERS WILL BRING DICE, OMs, AND TWO 480pt armies, each with a 24 hexes limit. A player's two armies must not share any cards between them, ie if one army has Knights of Weston, the other army can not. Note: One army may have Sgt Drake (RotV) and the other may use Sgt. Drake (SotM) as they are not the same card. No Marvel.

Each army shall be led by a single Immortal; choose one non-Marvel Unique (not Uncommon) Hero which is not Huge in size and has a Range of 1. Special Abilities or Attacks do not count against the Range restriction. Immortals gain the following abilities to their card during the tournament:

Quote:
Immortality
This hero's Species and Class changes to Immortal, and their Personality changes to Ageless. These traits cannot be changed for the rest of the game. Immortals ignore any power that would allow an opposing player to take a turn with this hero, nor can this hero be affected by a Negation Marker.

Unyielding
This hero rolls +1 Defense against any attack made by a non-Immortal.

Regeneration
When this hero would be destroyed by a non-Immortal figure or effect, instead place it on this card. At the start of the next round before Order Markers are placed, remove any wound markers on this card and place this hero on the board adjacent to any friendly figure you control. If this hero cannot be placed, it is immediately destroyed.
Of course the goal of Immortals is pretty obvious. Last Immortal standing wins each match. The losing Immortal is killed, (THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!) and the army of that lost Immortal can no longer be used by that player for the duration of the tournament. If a player loses both of his Immortals, he is eliminated. Free play will be allowed for any and all players who have been eliminated from the tournament.

Once two players are paired on a map, players will determine their army selection. Each player will reveal the armies at their disposal and then roll a d20. High roller selects who chooses their army first. Player choosing first picks one of their two armies, if they have a choice at all, but does not yet place any figures in his starting zone. Second player then chooses one of their armies, if they have a choice, placing their figures on the map first. When the second player has completed their placement, the first player then places their figures in their starting zone. Once armies are in place, begin play.

Sudden Death:

If a match remains unresolved after time is called, at the beginning of the next round before order markers are placed, and -BEFORE- regenerating Immortals are placed, remove all remaining non-Immortal figures from the board, leaving the Immortals in place with any current wounds. Players will have a small time extension at the Tourney Director's discretion to conclude the match.

Attendees:

1.) cmgames
2.) personwholives
3.) Menchi
4.) Killometer
5.) General Grevious 12 & 13
6.) Carnivals Two
7.) Robounit 197
8.) Serenity +1
9.) Typhon2222
10.) tshill12
11.) Jason
12.) Berkeley John
13.) Dnutt99! (PARTY TIME!)
14.) daftfighterz64
15.) Jerry22
16.) Victorman
17.) RoninValentina

20 players confirmed!

DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT TO COME? SIGN UP TODAY!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

So chime in on a day, give me any questions or comments on the format, and we'll plan a day to throw some skulls!

- Heroscape is a standing game. -

Last edited by RoninValentina; January 28th, 2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:14 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: SF Bay Area - Immortals Tournament - January

I'm in!

Third Saturday is good for me.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:12 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Day sounds good. I'm in, looking forward to another good tournament.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:24 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Added to the Directory.

I'm definitely interested, but can't commit yet.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:51 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OK. Let's get these questions out of the way.

Marvel - yes or no?

If your opponent's Immortal is Mind Shackled, do you win?

If your opponent's Immortal is Negated then he cannot be revived if he dies. If any figure kills him at that point, do you win?

~Z

My map thread
Old December 2nd, 2010, 02:04 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Does Lycanthropy change an Immortal's Class and Species, and, if it does, how does that affect its resurrection?

Edit: If I can make it, I think I already know who my Immortal will be.

Last edited by Killometer; December 2nd, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:31 PM

I understand that we need to use the same army for all bouts, but do we need to use the same Immortal in all bouts? Or can I simply state which unit is my Immortal at the beginning of each bout?

~Z

My map thread
Old December 2nd, 2010, 06:38 PM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay. I think I covered all the loopholes. Did I?

It is my intent that you have a sole Immortal for the duration of the tournament. If having a single army for the duration as well is less appealing, we have some options. First, an Immortals tourney sorta screams for single elimination. "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!" etc. That'd leave those eliminated free to play like any gameday. Single elimination can be rough though, since one mistake and you're out. And unless you have the right amount of participants, the pairings can get tough.

Another option would be two have two armies built about a single Immortal, not too dissimilar from the Rolling Rumble Event we did for NHSD'09. I haven't given this idea much thought, but it's a possibility.

Hmm. Or we could combine the two. Two Immortals, one with each army. Like a tag team. When you lose a match though, you can't play that army again, as that Immortal has been killed. If you lose both your Immortals, you're out. Gives a bit of that "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE" flavor, yet isn't single elimination.

Hmm hmm hmm. Thoughts?

Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:47 PM
Reigning Nor-Cal Champion

Menchi has disabled reputation

Of course I'll be there. But will Super Drake make an appearance now that the puny mortals can wound him?
Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Or we could combine the two. Two Immortals, one with each army. Like a tag team. When you lose a match though, you can't play that army again, as that Immortal has been killed. If you lose both your Immortals, you're out. Gives a bit of that "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE" flavor, yet isn't single elimination.
Assuming 24 players, if this was played until there was indeed only one, it would take seven to ten rounds to determine the ONE. Alternately, we could stop after 5 or 6 and calculate the scores of the remaining players based on points.

OR

Play standard Swiss-style with just one army.

~Z

(I like the idea though.)

My map thread
Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:22 PM

I didn't figure we'd literally play till there was one left, but with two Immortals per player, and losing one when that army lost, it retains the feel, is all. It'd be a 5 round tourney, per usual, a cross between single elimination and the standard swiss.

Old December 3rd, 2010, 01:43 AM

If an Immortal is killed by another Immortal, it is dead and the match is over, right?

Are wounds dealt by an Immortal tracked seperately from wounds dealt by a non-Immortal, or if the killing blow is dealt by a non-Immortal do all wounds come off the card at the start of the next round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Immortality
Immortal Heroes ignore any power that would allow an opposing player to take a turn with this hero

Including Eternal Hatred and Stab in the Back?

Last edited by Killometer; December 3rd, 2010 at 01:48 AM. Reason: I know Marcu and Sir GB are unlikely choices, but I want to make sure all the bases are covered

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events