Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: When will Wave 10 come out? (Note: Your choices are public)
Wave 10 will come this or next year. 74 66.07%
There will be a large figures set first. 13 11.61%
There will be a terrain pack first. 14 12.50%
There will be no Wave 10. 11 9.82%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 11th, 2009, 08:13 AM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Wave 10: Valkrill's Gambit - IT'S COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wave 10 has been oficially been announced!!!!!!! More details on this thread's last post.

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!

Last edited by Disposable Hero; August 6th, 2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old July 11th, 2009, 08:39 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Wave 10: What's YOUR Idea?

Personally, I get the sense that HS is winding down, and even though I hope it will last forever, I know its not very realistic to think that there will someday be a Wave 23. What I am hoping for is that, by the time they bring out that last wave, the game will be as thematically complete as possible. That means:

1) Vydar and Aquilla need their kyrie. I love symmetry too much for those squads to be left out.

2) Dwarves. There is room for at least 1 more hero in the dwarf army. Since Aquilla needs units in general to catch her up, I would love it if they created a "Dwarves" hero pack, like the elves got in Wave 8. They're such a basic ingredient of popular fantasy, I would hate to see them get neglected because they came in late.

3) Personally, I'm still hoping a unit comes along which makes the ninjas into a cohesive army, boosting their stats or increasing their playability. Right now, Otonashi, Shiori, and even Moriko never see much play. They simply aren't versatile enough.

Other than those, I'm in favor of anything that fills out the established factions we already have. I'd get more excited about "the new knights," or "the new vipers" than about something completely new at this point. The game has so much good stuff in it already that I would like it if they concentrated on filling out those factions which need it. My main concern, as I said, is the kyrie and the dwarves. The kyrie cycle needs to be completed, and the dwarves, now that they are here, need to be taken care of.

And since we already know we aren't getting a GenCon exclusive, I'm really hoping for some previews, otherwise I will feel very neglected on behalf of HSers everywhere.

Last edited by spiteofthedice; July 11th, 2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:32 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

I hope we get some new monsters, like dragon younglings, or mountain trolls, or maybe even a hydra or something. Who knows, we might even get Talos or a fire golem! The ideas are endless!!!

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:58 AM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

The knights need some longbowmen...
A squad of horse archers would be nice...
More non-marro sci-fi figures (i.e. gorillinators, vipers, soulborgs, etc.)
Siege weapons (ever tried taking down a fortress door with Syvarris on top? Not easy...) although they'd probably have to be in a large heroes pack...
Honestly I'm up for just about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old July 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They have Romans. They have Greeks. They need Spartans. And a Zombie Hero. Or mabey a Hero for the Spiders.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old July 11th, 2009, 10:34 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
mabey a Hero for the Spiders.
1) maybe

2) The Book of Sujoah
Old July 11th, 2009, 11:19 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker

I'd like more
1) WWII->Modern figures.
We have "marines", but they're pretty alone.
German WWII troops, snow troops, SAS units, armed civilians, SWAT agents, vietkongs, and even police men... we lack "today" figures.
2) "aggressive plants".... plants and vegetation units that eats people or choke them with tentacles
3) fantasy monsters: trolls, jelly cubes , golems... you get it.
4) "evolved animals" (like vipers): so "techno crocodiles", armored apes, Tarzan with a bunch of cougars , mounted elephants...
5) Cavemen, mammouth, sabretooth tigers, "evolved" dinos....

Would you like to listen to my music?

Last edited by Parduz; July 11th, 2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old July 11th, 2009, 11:21 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

I know someone already said it, but I came into this thread thinking two things. Primarilly- a seige weapon for the castle door. I know that it's a completely one-sided item that wouldn't be used too often, but that would just add so much to have a non-custom (ie: official) card for this, in my opinion.

The second thing is Vydar/Aquilla kyrie (can't wait to see Vydar's cyber-kyrie), and also another one (or maybe a squad?) for Einar, so that poor Kiova has someone to share that bonding with.

edit: I agree with the above- more 'modern' human figures. Maybe NYPD SWAT or something.

To take it one step further, HeroScape may be ready for vehicles. I'm just sayin'.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:14 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

I am taking a positive stance on the future of Heroscape and believe we will have more Master sets, large expansions, and more wave packs in the future. That being said these are some of the units that I would like to see in the future.

Dreadgulls
Skeletons (Horseman and Archers)
Lich (hero that may bond with skeletons and zombies)
Cyborg Kryie for Vydar (As someone already mentioned)
Aquilla Kryie
A cheaper Kryie hero for Utgar
Another Einar Kryie hero that may help out the Imperium.
Some new Primadons for Vydar
Undead mummys that will bond with Sudema for Vydar
Samurai Horseman
A new Darklord for the wolves
More dragons, trolls, ogres, and hydra etc.

As long as the current waves, and sets are selling, I do not foresee Heroscape disappearing. What other game do people buy multiples of starter sets etc? I know in my house we have only one copy of chess, monopoly, and risk. Even when I was playing Heroclix, I would only buy one set of the starter set that came with a map, the rules and some pieces to get started with.
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:28 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

I think wave 10 will follow in wave 9s footsteps and be a "filler wave".
Just like for wave 9, I want to say, that is just what the doctor ordered.

It will probably boost the generals whose armies are missing something, be it for theme purpose or just cohesive unit function.
Or even just pure quantity. Vydar really needs more units to have the size mass other generals have.
I hope to see more units that work well with the less popular ones and breath new life into them like the repulsors did for the snipers.

I think when a new large expansion or terrain expansion comes out, they may then introduce new types of units like siege weapons or vehicles, but as far as the next wave goes, I think there will be more refinement, and by the time the next wave/set/large figure expansion comes out, we will be ready to expand HS into new dimensions.

Make sound effects when you play Heroscape! It is sometimes annoying, but always more fun!
Old July 11th, 2009, 01:12 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Cyprien's Skeleton Army is a must IMO.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old July 11th, 2009, 01:21 PM

tech boy is surprisingly tart

I would like to see skeletons. Ive wanted HS to have skeletons since I first found the game. The other thing I wanted was a good expansion on the Aquilla side to equal out general army sizes.
Orc gruts Ive wanted a wider variety of them since wave 6.
and most of all Vydar kyrie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion