Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 13th, 2011, 11:34 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
The Book of Dum Dum Dugan

The Book of Dum Dum Dugan

C3G MARVEL WAVE 11
THE AVENGER INITIATIVE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Secret Invasion set. Its model number and name are #032a - 032b / Dum Dum Dugan.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • As a Human, Dum Dum Dugan has these Human Synergies.
  • As an Agent, Dum Dum Dugan has these Agent Synergies.
  • Other Agents you control may allow Dum Dum Dugan to attack 1 additional time due to his Commando Backup special power. Current Agents.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • Dum Dum Dugan may allow Agents you control to avoid leaving engagement attacks with his Diversion special power. Current Agents.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Post Changes

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 05:08 PM. Reason: png
Old February 13th, 2011, 11:37 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Dum Dum Dugan - design phase

NAME = DUM DUM DUGAN
SECRET IDENTITY = TIMOTHY DUGAN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 90

MARKSMANSHIP
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Dum Dum Dugan's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Dum Dum Dugan's Range number for this turn.

COMMANDO BACKUP
If Dum Dum Dugan attacks a figure engaged with any other Agent you control, he may attack one additional time.

DIVERSION
Agents you control do not take leaving engagement attacks from opponents' figures that are within 5 clear sight spaces of Dum Dum Dugan.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 28th, 2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the powers and the stats! My only real complaint is the name for Marksmanship. I think of "marksmanship" as being more accurate, and therefore more likely to hit the target. Using this ability makes it less likely to hit the target, but increases the range. I like the power, I just think it might need a different name.
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
MARKSMANSHIP: After moving and before attacking, you may subtract 1 from Dum Dum Dugan's Attack to add 2 to his Range. You may do this any number of times.
COMMANDO BACKUP: Dum Dum Dugan may add 1 to his Move if he is unengaged prior to moving and can end his movement adjacent to a figure engaged with an Agent you control. Dum Dum Dugan adds 1 to his Attack when attacking an adjacent figure engaged with another Agent you control.

Nice ideas Necro. I made some suggested changes below (though the wording may need help). I figured that +2 to his range can get kind of crazy if he has extreme height and adjacent to Cap and end up with an attack of 4 from range 12.

I also felt that if Dum Dum wanted to risk leaving engagement for Commando Backup move bonus, he should be able to take that risk to help his fellow Agent (being Loyal and all ).

Anyway, cool concept and I'm glad to see him in design phase.

Quote:
MARKSMANSHIP: After moving and before attacking, you may reduce Dum Dum Dugan's Attack to a minimum of 1. For each number reduced from Dum Dum Dugan's Attack when using Marksmanship, you may add 1 to his Range.

COMMANDO BACKUP: You may add 1 to Dum Dum Dugan's Move if he can end his movement adjacent to a figure engaged with an another Agent you control. Add 1 to Dum Dum Dugan's Attack anytime he attacks an adjacent figure engaged with another Agent you control.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I like the powers and the stats! My only real complaint is the name for Marksmanship. I think of "marksmanship" as being more accurate, and therefore more likely to hit the target. Using this ability makes it less likely to hit the target, but increases the range. I like the power, I just think it might need a different name.
It's been argued previously that longer range signifies better marksmanship though.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 13th, 2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
It's been argued previously that longer range signifies better marksmanship though.

It could certainly have a different name if anyone thinks of one, but yes it has been said that "Range" is really "effective range," so a marksman would be able to extend that.

Hahma, you're absolutely right about him leaving engagement. I'm not sure when I put that in there, but it needs to come out.

As far as throwing 4 dice at 12 Range in extreme circumstances...I really don't see that as a problem in C3G'scape. Most characters can take that hit and/or still close with him quickly. Under more normal circumstances (just +1 Attack from height or whatever) he can throw 3 dice at 10 Range. Not a big attack by any means.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 13th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm cool with the name for Marksmanship. It's a nice simple name that can be carried to other cards like Deadshot in the future and fit very well there as well.
I don't have a problem with the power level of 12 Range and 4 dice in extreme circumstance ... but I kind of don't like the theme of this guy so easily outranging our highest ranged guys. Dum Dum has marksmanship abilities, but should he really be our best ranged guy in C3G? Should he be the best sniper around? I'll admit to having limited knowledge of the character, but that doesn't seem right to me ...
Any chance I can sell you on upping his attack to 5 and giving him melee range, then keeping the powers the same? This would give him potential range of 3, 5, 7, or 9, depending on how much he wanted to lower his attack. This would keep his range at its extreme in the single digits, though (still equal to a guy like Syvarris), which fits the theme of the character a bit better for me.
If this were someone like Deadshot, known as a sniper above all else, maxing at 12 range would fit better for me. But for Dum Dum? Not quite feeling that long of a range.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 13th, 2011, 02:34 PM

I was actually just thinking that, Bats. His range should not go that high because it's (potentially) more than some of the best ranged characters. I'd rather he start with a ranged attack, though, so I'll change it to Hahma's suggested -1A/+1R. On height then, he'll max out at 1 die at 10 Range.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 13th, 2011, 03:03 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

But if he has melee range on his card, he's still essentially starting out with a range 5, attack 3 attack ...

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

This looks good Necro. Glad to see you designing something again.

Cheers
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:04 PM

Old February 13th, 2011, 10:06 PM

I don't have too much left to LD, so I've gotta stretch it out and stick around to bug you guys as long as I can.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library