Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 21st, 2012, 03:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The Book of J. Jonah Jameson

The Book of J. Jonah Jameson

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 28
EXTRA! EXTRA!

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Web of Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #035 / J. Jonah Jameson.
Character Bio - The publisher and editor-in-chief of the Daily Bugle, John Jonah Jameson Jr. is known for his endless smear campaign to "reveal" Spider-Man for the menace he is. Despite his ornery and stubborn exterior, he's generally a fair employer and honest man... even when dealing with that flaky freelance photographer Peter Parker.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Citizens you control roll an extra die when attacking or defending against a Menace due to J. Jonah Jameson's Rabble-Rousing special power. Current Citizens.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Journalist

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 07:50 PM. Reason: png
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:57 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of J. Jonah Jameson (Design Phase)

NAME = J. JONAH JAMESON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = JOURNALIST
PERSONALITY = VINDICTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 85

SMEAR CAMPAIGN
At the start of the game, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero. While J. Jonah Jameson is in play and there is at least one Order Marker on this card, the chosen Hero has the class of Menace instead of what is listed on its card.

RABBLE-ROUSING
When a Citizen you control attacks or defends against a Menace, it receives 1 additional die.

Last edited by tcglkn; January 27th, 2021 at 04:45 PM.
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:57 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Comic Pictures:
Spoiler Alert!

Backgrounds:
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:04 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think I would prefer Citizen to Newspaperman (sounds like a really bad Superhero ).

Sooooo... If I draft Batman and Lady Shiva and you draft J. Jonah, we roll the d20 to see what happens?

Also... he's already extremely niche (points wasted, essentially, if I don't know for sure what you're bringing to the table) and then I also have to draft at least another 45 points in Citizens? I think I'd look at other options, myself.

I like the general ideas behind this design, just think they need more flexibility.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I think I would prefer Citizen to Newspaperman (sounds like a really bad Superhero ).

Sooooo... If I draft Batman and Lady Shiva and you draft J. Jonah, we roll the d20 to see what happens?
I'm pretty sure both powers would still take place, you'd just be rolling the D20 to see which happened first .... Though I might be wrong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Also... he's already extremely niche (points wasted, essentially, if I don't know for sure what you're bringing to the table) and then I also have to draft at least another 45 points in Citizens? I think I'd look at other options, myself.

I like the general ideas behind this design, just think they need more flexibility.
One thing we could do to make him less niche, which I like, is to make the boost for Rabble-Rousing work without the Menace restriction. Just let him give them the boost in any situation. Makes sense to me.

Smear Campaign would still be useful, because it would break up other synergies. It'd still be niche, but I'm OK with two niche powers as long as they're niche in different enough situations to give him multiple niches (if that makes sense).

And, yeah, "Newspaperman" sounds a tad silly.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 21st, 2012, 08:28 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I agree with Bats' and Margloth's thoughts that this design is too niche, and that Newspaperman sounds weird. Editor may be a good class if you don't want the Citizen synergy here.
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

J. Jonah Jameson should be a niche figure, though - he's not someone you should want to put on the battlefield for most games. I don't mind that. Though the suggestion to make Rabble Rouser a more universal power isn't a bad idea, if people would prefer it.

Newspaperman is TOTALLY a word, even if neither of you have heard of it. But I agree it's probably not the best fit. I was thinking Citizen, but he seems "above" the average person, and if people like Lois Lane would get Reporter for their class (and they would, wouldn't they?) it would feel weird to have Jonah stuck with the "generic" class. But Reporter isn't really a good fit for him, either. Kind of stuck on this one honestly.

Also not 100% sure on Vindictive. Gruff might be better.

EDIT: I like Editor, actually. That seems solid.
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:32 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Couldn't he smear anyone though? I'd let him just choose any Unique Hero for his Smear Campaign.

I'd almost let him choose a new Menace each round since he changes his mind so often in the comics.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:33 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

He COULD smear anyone... but it's pretty deep-seated in his character to slander masked vigilantes for a variety of reasons. A per-round isn't bad, though.

I don't really see the "niche" factor being too much of a concern, though. Look at Leech - same point range, pretty much useless outside of a Mutant counter-draft.
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:50 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

• Secret Identity isn't required here.
  • I think Editor or Citizen would be best for his class.
  • Attack & Defense for a loud spineless jellyfish, should only be 1 (like other citizens).
  • I think Smear Campaign should be any Unique Hero.
  • I like rabble rousing being targeted at Manace's maybe to make it a little more helpful it could also be any opponents figure he is adjacent to.
Quote:
Citizens you control roll an extra die when attacking or defending against a Menace or any figure adjacent to J. Jonah Jameson.
& of course the price would probably come down.

Cheers
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If we made the Menace any figure (and I think once per game would be fine), I'm cool with that change.

Though I still like how my suggestion makes him draftable both against Vigilante/Crime Fighters, and without Civvies. This direction would make him mostly draftable with Civvies, but against any other army, which would be nice too.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Maybe RR can affect anyone, but be even more effective against a Menace?

Quote:
RABBLE-ROUSING
Citizens you control roll an extra die when attacking or defending, and may attack one additional time against a Menace.
I like Editor for class.

I don't mind a niche figure. I mean Alfred and Leech are niche too, but can be useful as well.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library