Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old September 27th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
TV Show : Bionic Woman

Have to say I enjoyed it. The 30 years since the Bionic heroes graced the screen has done them wonders. Technology has caught up with story telling.

I loved the part where Bionic Woman 1, Sarah Corvis (played by Katee Sackhoff BSG's Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace) states she replaced her own non bionic eye and parts of her chest to make them better than they were. So what happens when the bionic babe's brains are injured? Do they regrow that also? Freaky.

Anyone else notice Jaime Sommers middle name and realize what it referenced??? Note you will need to be over 35 or have caught the original series at some point to have gotten the reference.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: TV Show : Bionic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Have to say I enjoyed it. The 30 years since the Bionic heroes graced the screen has done them wonders. Technology has caught up with story telling.

I loved the part where Bionic Woman 1, Sarah Corvis (played by Katee Sackhoff BSG's Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace) states she replaced her own non bionic eye and parts of her chest to make them better than they were. So what happens when the bionic babe's brains are injured? Do they regrow that also? Freaky.

Anyone else notice Jaime Sommers middle name and realize what it referenced??? Note you will need to be over 35 or have caught the original series at some point to have gotten the reference.
I really liked the show. Like you said Malechi, tv technology had finally caught up to the show. Though I did miss the music that went along with the bionic actions..."na na na na na na na"

I didn't catch her middle name while watching the show, but being 40 and having watched both bionic shows back in the day, I might figure out what it referred to if I knew what her middle name was.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 27th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
That's why I didn't mention it at first, too easy.

Her full name is Jamie Wells Sommers, they mention it as they are reading her chart ...

Old September 27th, 2007, 06:42 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
Hollywood sucks pretty bad. I mean a remake of Bionic Women. WHAT?!!?!?

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old September 27th, 2007, 07:02 PM

oni is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit
You should see it. A remake doesn't mean it will auto suck. Look at BSG, I think that's some FINE story telling.

PS not BSG spoilers please, I haven't seen season 3 yet... sniff, sniff, I miss my cable TV.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old September 27th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
That's why I didn't mention it at first, too easy.

Her full name is Jamie Wells Sommers, they mention it as they are reading her chart ...
Yeah, it's a Dr. Wells shoutout. Pretty cool.

I'm waiting for a guest appearance by Lyndsway Wagner sp? Heck, she still looks pretty good on those infomercials.

Old September 27th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
I take it you niether saw the show nor know anything about it? That was simply a kneejerk reaction to a title.

The show was conceived and created by one of the names behind BSG. Upon closer examination of the original story draft, they realized it was basically an updated version of the Bionic Woman in the new millennia and decided to change the story and incorporate the Bionic franchise. Watching the episode, you could easily see that they needed not even mention bionics, as the technology used in rebuilding Jamie Sommers is so different than that used 30 years ago.

Old September 27th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Don't knock it if you haven't seen it. It's cool because they can have the bionic actions look way more cooler now than they used to.

Now what we really need is a new Wonder Woman series, that would rock!

Old September 27th, 2007, 08:07 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
I enjoyed it as well. It will be interesting when it goes head to head against Lost at the beginning of next year.

Old September 27th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
I enjoyed it as well. It will be interesting when it goes head to head against Lost at the beginning of next year.
That's what a DVR is for!

Old September 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
That's what a DVR is for!
But that won't matter in the ratings! I still think it would be better as a lead in to Heroes.

Actually, Bionic Woman is the highest rated new show so far this fall.

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hi...trated_new.php

Old September 27th, 2007, 08:40 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
My Mom likes this show too.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media