Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 7th, 2009, 04:02 PM

scotty Woo who?
scottys customs X-MEN and Fantastic Four

Hello everyone, I've been trolling this board for a while now, mostly the super heroes custom section, and decided it was time to show off my creations!

A quick introduction, I'm a late age college student at Lane Community College in Eugene, OR, my major being business management.

Now for my customs!! I've been using customs mostly from the "NM24" thread, as well as the TNT thread, and these are a few x-men I made to go with some of the excellent ones already available.

I'd love to hear some feedback, these are my first cards, im sure theres plenty wrong with em.

And a thanks to all the other creators out there, you've made my heroscaping weekends much funner!!!

Last edited by scotty; April 21st, 2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old April 7th, 2009, 05:41 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: My first post and my first customs! X-MEN

Really nice cards, scotty. As I said in the NM24 thread, I love that they all share the same card color.

I haven't had time yet to fully absorb them, but I must say they look solid.

The only 'errors' I can see immediately are:

On Beast, you missed the 'H' in SCHOLAR

On Prof X, the MIND CONTROL 13 should be in ALL CAPS!

Speaking of Prof X, he's my favorite of the 4 so far. You might consider giving him some kind of disadvantage like 'Limited Mobility' or something, where he can only climb 1/2 his height or something. This way, he could be a bit cheaper too. There are a number of customs with Mastermind bonding... GreyOwl's AIM Agents come to mind. This could make for an interesting team with Prof X, your favorite X-Man [probably a heavy hitter like your Colossus or ranged attacker like the awesome NM24ed Cyclops] and a squad or 2 of AIM Agents. Sweet sassy molassy. Put all your Order Markers on AIM; with each OM you can take a free turn with Prof X who first takes a free turn with your mutant Hero; the Prof then either takes his turn or attempts a Mind Control... and after all that, the AIM Agents still get to take their turn! Chain chain chain...
Old April 8th, 2009, 05:22 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice looking card you have there. Welcome to the site and the custom making fraternity.
Old April 8th, 2009, 05:51 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Nice looking card you have there. Welcome to the site and the custom making fraternity.
YES!! Group Hug.

Seriously though, we can't have enough enthusiastic people here in our little Super Hero custom corner of HeroScapers.
Old April 8th, 2009, 08:47 PM

scotty Woo who?

I'll fix up those little errors you mentioned Garada, and I think the movement limitation is a good idea. maybe allow him to hover over 2 levels with no negatives, but the chair can't go higher then that ever?
Old April 8th, 2009, 09:26 PM
C3G Hero

Sounds good, scotty! The cool thing with Prof X [to me at least] is that despite his incredible mental power, he's bound to that chair. I love flawed characters [that's not to say that being in a wheelchair is a flaw, in case any of my fellow Scapers are themselves chair-bound], and a disadvantage will allow his cost to drop. Gosh, I hope I don't sound politically incorrect, because that's not my intent!

By the way, I looked at all of the Professor X customs on the A-Z list [there are 7 different versions!] and the cool thing is that none of them have this disadvantage, which would make yours unique. Most folks give him a move of 4 which limits him, but I don't see it as much as him not being able to cover ground [especially in the 'hover-chair' that is represented in some versions of his figure], but how could he get height? I like that you gave him a 5 move.

If you are interested in developing this card, I have an NM24 nomination to give [after Hellboy is finished], and I would like to nominate your Professor Xavier. There are already quite a few X-Men that have been NM24 approved, and they need a leader!
Old April 8th, 2009, 09:58 PM

Markb97402 knows what's in an order marker Markb97402 knows what's in an order marker

I agree with garada, i'd love to see a new person with a card in the Hall of nm24! i also dig the idea of giving him some limit to his movement

My Customs(Mostly Marvelscape Common Squads)
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22383

Old April 8th, 2009, 10:03 PM

scotty Woo who?

I would love to have my card developed!! I'm very excited by the idea, even. Ill have a new version with the added power attached tomorrow.
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM
C3G Hero

Well then, I'm relieved to have that off my mind! Once Hellboy is approved, your Prof X has my nomination.

Don't worry too much about having him perfect before the process starts... we'll whip him into shape!
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Great entries to the site Scotty. I too love the uniform look to the Uncanny X-men (or is this the Ultimate X-men, or Wolverine and the X-men, or...).

I can't wait to have Prof X in the frying pan (did I say that? )

On the other cards:

Beast - the specials paragraph justification can be cleaned up. The ability to leap in for an attack and then leap out in the same turn is awesome, but I'll have to think about his cost.

Collosus - Smashing Blow is missing the "t" at the end of "no(t) take any leaving engagements."

Jean Grey - The last words should probably read "engagement attacks." rather than "engagements." You might also consider the title "Telekinetic Shield 14" as it is a 20-sided die special. But I think that is personal choice.

Keep up the good work, welcome to the site, and welcome to the NM24 process.

Last edited by Matt Helm; April 9th, 2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:47 PM

scotty Woo who?

The new version.
Old April 9th, 2009, 05:18 PM
C3G Hero

The NM24 Trial of Professor X has begun!!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations