Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:37 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
The Jets didn't make their schedule, its not really their fault that their in this situation. Every year there are teams with nothing left to play for and are resting for the playoffs. I don't see the Jets getting past the first round (if they make it in). Frankly, of all the AFC teams that could be in the wild card spots, I don't see any of them making it past the first round, and yes that includes my Ravens. (It killed me to say that)
No one is blaming the Jets, its just too bad the they won't get in on merit (so to speak) but because it was better for their opponent to pack it in for the season.

It is what it is (like the Pats missing the playoffs last year with an 11-5 record, yet an 8-8 did make it), but we don't have to like it.
I liked it...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:21 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm going to chime in to say that, though we missed the playoffs, I'm so please that the Falcons finally broke the curse. I really feared they would mail it in after the Eagles loss. Considering the injuries, schedule, and Jason Elam forgetting how to kick, 9-7 is a good season.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:37 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
I'm going to chime in to say that, though we missed the playoffs, I'm so please that the Falcons finally broke the curse. I really feared they would mail it in after the Eagles loss. Considering the injuries, schedule, and Jason Elam forgetting how to kick, 9-7 is a good season.
I had higher hopes for the Falcons. They sure didn't play up to my expectations. I really like Michael Turner and was sad to see him leave San Diego. Next year!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:38 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

While the 7-9 season record was a bit disappointing..the maturation of Chad Henne as well as alot of our other young players is making me very excited for next season for the Dolphins.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:51 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Ugh... torn ACL for Welker.

-insert signature here-
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:32 AM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

The variety of mail in games this week and last must be a concern for the league. And an argument against expanding the season to 18 games. Imagine how many more meaningless games we will suffer through.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:50 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

A great month in football for me. I saw the Browns beat the Steelers (giving them their final loss of the season) for the first time in 6 years, then win their last 3 games as well to complete their first 4 game winning streak since 1994. I then saw the old Browns (the Ravens) win this week to eliminate the Steelers from the playoffs.

The new Browns shut the door, and the old Browns locked it.

Looking to next season, the Browns should be promising, having found a running game, a football czar and a whole crapload of draft picks.

As for this year, I stand by my NE vs. MIN prediction. The Chargers have the "momentum", but I don't think they can beat Indy or NE in a playoff setting. The Saints just don't do it for me, I can't believe in the Cowboys until I see Romo win a playoff game, Arizona doesn't have enough defense (especially against the pass), and Philly always finds some way to choke. The only team I can see making a run at them is Green Bay - wouldn't that be some irony?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 4th, 2010, 10:51 AM

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

DP.

Last edited by J4Jandar; January 4th, 2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old January 4th, 2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
The thing is, as an 8-8 team last year the Chargers beat the Colts 20-17. New England has lost its best receiver, in my humble opinion, in Wes Welker. Also, if the Chargers reserves can beat an NFL team then I am fairly sure they can handle the Colts of which they have been handling for a few yeas now (see avatar).

West Coast sucka!

I like the Saints in this one for the NFC.

Favre is like a spoiled woman. If he aint happy then nobody's happy and there is friction in Minnesota at the moment.

I don't believe in the Chokeboys or Tony Homo.

Greenbay is a curious little team aren't they?

Saints vs Chargers in the end. Brees vs Rivers, the way it should be.
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
I like the Saints in this one for the NFC.

Favre is like a spoiled woman. If he aint happy then nobody's happy and there is friction in Minnesota at the moment.
Despite their recent woes, I find myself somewhat agreeing with you about the Saints. I think they'll return to form - though the main thing helping them is Home Dome Advantage. Without that, they're certainly beatable. (No offense to Jedi Master Kepler.)

However, you made me laugh when you made remarks about Favre. He's been the exact opposite since being here than spoiled. He's had the best season of his career, he's been an exceptional leader to the team, and has put forth outstanding performances on the field for us when it matters most.

Ask the Giants if the Vikings seemed to be suffering from "friction." LOL

I love when fans of other teams try to tell you how the team you cheer for is acting. Sorry J4J, you're badly off-base on this one, bro.

I do think the Chargers will make the Super Bowl finally (and probably win it, unless the Saints make it there too). So that'll cheer you up.
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:33 AM

I have absolutely no problem being off base.

The last game I saw there was definite tension between Childress and Favre. Childress was calling plays that Favre didn't like. He threw a mini tantrum because he saw a situation that was gonna get them in trouble and he didn't have time to audible.

Favre has been in the game a while and I feel that he should get the reigns in pressure situations though a devout fan such as your self, Wytefang, should be able to admit that Favre is a drama queen and when he doesn't get his way he tantrums.

The Bears game was the definition of friction in my opinion. Something is amiss, maybe Favre thinks Childress is incompetent?

P.S. I didn't say "team" I referred to "Favre" Favring it up. The team has chemistry, the coach and the quarterback do not. That's all I am saying.
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Nope, I have not seen any of this "drama queen" from him or tantrums. Sorry man. I see a Hall of Fame QB who knows what he's doing being poorly managed by a Coach that I actually like but who is still not at Favre's level of understanding with this West Coast offense.

Favre should rightfully be irate if Chilly is making stupid decisions. Should he respect the coach's decisions? Sure, but the way that Favre was brought in here dictates certain privileges for him and one of those is being the on-field commander at times.

I have read nothing about ANY friction in the Bears game. The two very different halves of that game lead me (and many Viking fans) to believe that it was Chilly's half-ass plan in the 1st Half and Favre's much more potent play-calling in the 2nd Half. You pick which half you'd prefer.

I think that as an outsider, even though you seem to be informed and knowledgeable, you aren't really qualified to make this kind of determination. And I'm not saying that defensively, I've been as harsh of a critic of their failings as anyone I know, so it's not just that. I just think that you're mistaken at this point.

I can agree that some friction came up during the crappy Panthers game but that was amicably resolved from what reports have said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV