Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:18 PM

ScapeGurl has disabled reputation
Scapegurl's Customs -> A dragon for Einar! 2-2-07

Ok, well here is my first custom. Well...not my first, but the first to post in the forums. More will be coming I assure you.

Every General has a dragon, with the exception of Einar. Unless I'm mistaken? So I figured some sort of Asian Long would be the perfect addition, considering the types of figures associated with Einar...samurai's and such.

So here he is...Jiaolong. He is a true dragon of Asian literature. I tried to incorporate as much of the literature about him as I could into his abilities. For the figure, I used one of the new Dragonology figures found at Target. Perfect size!

UPDATE: I changed the Flood roll to 16 and "Beast" to "Legend" - wouldn't want the first Einar dragon working for Utgar. Thanx for the suggestions!

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

View My Customs!
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Wow! Great first custom. I'll comment later but overall looks great!

Welcome to site, ScapeGurl.

Newb.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:27 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I'm not a fan of those Dragonology dragons, but your custom looks good! Only thing I'd suggest is maybe make the flood harder to bring. Wouldn't want it going off all too often. Welcome to the site!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
I'm not a fan of those Dragonology dragons, but your custom looks good! Only thing I'd suggest is maybe make the flood harder to bring. Wouldn't want it going off all too often. Welcome to the site!
Yeh, the dragons aren't all too wonderful. Too bright and colorful looking ever so unrealistic and plastic. But the Asian Long isn't as bad as the others. Afterall, Asian dragons are typically colored that way.

And I agree about the flood. Raise it to a roll of 18 maybe?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

View My Customs!
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:47 PM

Bloodthorn is surprisingly tart
Why not set up the flood power to allow you to place more water tiles on the map? I'd say 4-5 each turn that the power is activated. It will add up really quickly on changing the face of the board. Plus I think making the roll 16+ would be good too.

Nice custom overall and welcome to the boards!
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:55 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
That's awesome! I've had my eye on that lung at Target for a while now!

Bring Forth the Flood: I LOVE this! I don't know if a much higher number is needed (maybe 16) because it only happens once a round.

Shapeshift 16: 25% chance to avoid any attacks. Hmm. Might be ok, since he costs 180 and doesn't have a ranged attack.

Swimming: You could word it exactly like Slither, since it is the same. "Jiaolong does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces."

All-in-all this is super-cool. Nice looking card, too!

EDIT: adding water tiles would be really fun!
Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:02 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
ScapeGurl you are my new Hero!

Someone who has made an Einar Dragon custom, that also made it with water in mind, YAY! I'm giddy like a cheerleader,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodthorn
Why not set up the flood power to allow you to place more water tiles on the map? I'd say 4-5 each turn that the power is activated. It will add up really quickly on changing the face of the board. Plus I think making the roll 16+ would be good too.

Nice custom overall and welcome to the boards!
Honestly, I love that idea. I've made several other figures with terrain altering abilities (haven't posted them yet). Unfortunately, with a few lucky rolls I would run out of water tiles quick. But if I ever get a good supply of them, I will defeinately consider it.

View My Customs!
Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:27 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Also, good to see my manatees are safe from the flood!

Old February 2nd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great ideas!

Bring forth the flood really caught my imagination. I want to make sure I understand correctly though - you can assign those wounds to your opponents' units? That may be too powerful. Even if it was supposed to be limited to your own units... boy does that favor the player with cannon fodder - No more Q9/Nilfheim armies. What if only units within three or four hexes of a water tile could be hit by this?

I also really wish Jiaolong didn't bond with Arrow Gruts. It seems you'll see the Einar dragon more often in service to Utgar than fighting for his own team.

~Aldin, who might give him Samurai movement bonding

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 2nd, 2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Bring forth the flood really caught my imagination. I want to make sure I understand correctly though - you can assign those wounds to your opponents' units? That may be too powerful.
Umm..no. Each player rolls their own 4 dice and assigns whatever skulls are rolled to their own armies as wounds. Even the team Jiaolong is on can be affected. It works much like the Storm of Frozen Shards Scenario from the Thaelenk Tundra Expansion Set with "water creatures" being the only ones not affected. Asian dragons are said to have controlled the weather, including floods...so it fits. Considering Jiaolong has to roll a 16 to even accomplish this makes it not too powerful considering his point value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
I also really wish Jiaolong didn't bond with Arrow Gruts. It seems you'll see the Einar dragon more often in service to Utgar than fighting for his own team.
Huh? Please explain...

View My Customs!
Old February 2nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
I almost bought that figure the other day; now I'll definitely need to get it.

This is a very cool first card posting and I hope we see more of your work.

A quick question. Did you consider not making flying figures affected by the flood? After all, they can just fly up and avoid it. It must be a quick tidal wave flood.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards