Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 12th, 2021, 08:23 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Beast (Avengers) (Initial Playtesting)

This passes.

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Beast

Army Test 1
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units:
Beast(210), Vision(340), Spider-Man(280), Wolverine(270) (1100)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Moon Knight(150), Thing II(340), Swordsman(160) (1100)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Beast(210), Vision(340), Spider-Man(280), Scarlet Witch(360), Final Ruin(10) (1200)
vs.
Black Canary(220), Green Arrow(210), Hawkwoman(260), Wonder Woman(310), Plastic Man(200) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Units:
Beast(210), Ms. Marvel(350), Doctor Strange(330), Oracle(110) (1000)
vs.
Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 4
Units:
Beast(210), Magneto(375), Wolverine(270), Destiny(55), Sage(190) (1100)
vs.
Star-Lord(250), Nebula(240), Gamora(300), She-Hulk(310) (1100)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
He's pretty useful and fun. Astute Avenger won't make a giant impact unless the opponent really values their X, and they stack all their numbered Order Markers on the same figure. The fact that it is left in the opponent's hands on how the bonus plays out, keeps it very well in check when it comes to stacking bonuses with other d20 boosters. The opponent can choose where to put the X with the purpose to essentially ignore the boost potential. However, this can also benefit Beast's army when paired with someone like Vision or Strange who then won't have to worry about stripping/moving the X instead of a numbered OM. It also means armies that do care about X, have a decision to make, potentially sacrificing their X ability to stop the boost. Plays really well on both sides.

Medical Analysis proved useful in the first couple games, but then the opponent caught on for games 3 and 4, where they prioritized Beast to make sure wounds weren't getting healed. If you can keep Beast protected, the healing can really help the army stay in the fight, which felt great. Even putting the focus on Beast meant the heat could stay off some of the primary offense units, which also helped.

Beast Agility was nice just for movement. Getting into position quicker, or jumping away after defending to avoid further attacks, or just to get into ideal positioning to start healing allies, served its purpose. The extra LEA roll opportunity is also nice, using Beast as a way to deter people from leaving engagements with him, which can come in handy especially when paired with Strange.

Overall, he is pretty easy to take out with 5 life and 6 defense, with no specials really adding to his survivability. So prioritizing him wasn't too difficult. 210 might be a tad high, but we will see how he plays for others.

Last edited by Arkham; July 14th, 2021 at 07:14 PM.
Old July 14th, 2021, 07:14 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Beast (Avengers) (Initial Playtesting)

I propose a vote to move to Public Playtesting.
Old July 14th, 2021, 07:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Beast (Avengers) (Vote 4 Public Playtesting)

yea

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 14th, 2021, 08:45 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

yea
Old July 14th, 2021, 08:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old July 14th, 2021, 10:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old July 30th, 2021, 08:44 PM

Re: The Book of Beast (Avengers) (Public Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74
Here are my results from my Beast playtest. I want to like him but couldn't use him over the other options available. I wonder if he would work better with the Wasp/She-Hulk 2 combo?

If you need more info let me know.

Eric

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Beast (Avengers)

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Captain America 240, Bucky, War Machine, Iron Man 220, Beast VS Baron Zemo 170, Punisher, Wonder Man, Taskmaster,
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Martian War Zone
Units: Captain America 240, Ms Marvel 350, MODOK, Beast VS Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon 175, Groot 275, Gamora 300, Swordsman
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 210 doesn't seem far off base. I could see him at lower though.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I had a hard time figuring out how to play Beast. His Astute Avenger power is pretty sweet. I tried to put some d20 powered figures with him. It kind of helped them, even it if was only as a threat. If he's on an Avengers team I feel like there is always going to be better offensive options so I found it hard to put order markers on him to be able to get him into position to use his healing power. His Beast Agility helps him get next to teammates or to engage enemies. I like Beast on paper but I had a tough time making him feel like a useful teammate.
Couple of swingy games, but Beast seems to be looking good still.
Old July 31st, 2021, 01:27 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I do think Eric's input is valuable, but I also think there's lots of ways to optimize Beast that he didn't use, such as Avengers Hawkeye. It doesn't seem like he'll be a major offensive piece, but the first Beast is that already so I'm fine with this one being a slightly more passive McCoy.
Old July 31st, 2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods
Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT : BEAST II

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map : Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units :
Beast (210), Ms. Marvel (350),Spider-Woman (210), Phoenix (230)
= 1000

VS.

Green Arrow II (210), Hawkwoman (260), Green Lantern *Simon* (260), Green Lantern *Jessica* (270)
= 1000

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map : Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units :
Beast (210), Captain America (240), Positron (220), Robot (210), Vampirella (320)
= 1200

VS.

Doctor Octopus II (250), Johnny Quick (230), Kraven (200), Vulture (90), Rhino (220), Sandman (210)
= 1200

Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts on the Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, and Draftability : Feels fine here. 210 feels on point, and I can see myself drafting him in Avenger or Mutant armies. The two skulls on disengage was never used, but the idea of it kept figures from leaving engagements with him.

General Thoughts on the Tested Unit : I was playing Beast as a support hero that can fight some, but I think he’s more a fighter hero that can support some, if that makes sense. He has solid stats, and Beast Agility lets him be near whoever he wants. Astute Avenger and Medical Analysis felt like more of a bonus than anything to me. If that's what you were aiming for, I think he fits the “melee bruiser that can do some light support” niche really well.
With him going 1-3 for me, and 2-2 in public, 3-5 overall, I'm thinking we're in a pretty good place here. 200 seems like a reasonable landing point.

I propose a vote to move to Final Editing at 200.
Old July 31st, 2021, 05:17 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Beast (Avengers) (Vote 4 Final Editing)

Why not 210 if he was playing balanced at that cost?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 31st, 2021, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Why not 210 if he was playing balanced at that cost?
Not against 210 either, but I felt he could come down a hair, and so did Eric, so a drop by 10 to 200 seemed right. His Astute Avenger power is in the hands of the opponent and is pretty matchup dependent, so it can be hit or miss. The healing is nice but requires some strategy to keep available, and makes him a go to for the opponent to shut it down(at which point, he lost all 3 of his games when the opponent prioritized him). Beast Agility was neat and useful but not powerful.

So my logic was, drop him 10 points, allows him to be a flat 200 to fit easily as an add-on to any 800/900/1000 point builds. This also allows a potential Illuminati build of Strange(320), Beast(200), Iron Man(270), and Black Panther II(210) (1000), which if Beast was 210, then BP would need to be 200, which BP (I) already is thus I'd imagine we'd try to avoid that.

But, as I said, 210 is also fine if that's a preference for others.
Old July 31st, 2021, 05:36 PM

Sounds good. Just wanted to know the rationale. Yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library