Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old November 7th, 2022, 05:03 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Long Island, NY, Heroscape!

December is pretty busy for me with the holidays and all, but this thread is a great place to keep up with future Long Island 'Scape stuff.

It was great catching up with some old faces and meeting a new one. I didn't even mind spending half my day eating my lunch and shooting the breeze with everyone while you guys played.
Old November 7th, 2022, 07:30 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As the new person in the group, it was an absolute blast to meet everyone for the first time and play a few excellent games of Heroscape! A huge shout-out to The_X_Marker for arranging everything at Legendary Realms (as well as for netting a win with prototype Hatamoto Taro in a bonkers three-way game)! Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll have time to meet up like this for the rest of the year, as November and December are going to be quite busy on my end. Hopefully, I'll be able to carve out some time to come down again; but even if I can't manage to do so, I am grateful to have had the chance to head out to Long Island at least once to get to know everyone before the end of the year!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 7th, 2022, 08:10 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

So who was able to show up, and how many games did you play?
Old November 16th, 2022, 12:33 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Hey guys.

It looks as if I might be running a version of my revised SuperheroScape at Legendary Realms the Friday after Thanksgiving and I thought I'd give you a heads up about it. Apparently a few people are trying to bring FatDog back from the dead. They're starting off small this year, only 40 people max due to the size of the store. Entry fee is $10, but food is not included this time around. It runs 9am to 11pm. I'm planning on running a few other games as well. The short list right now is my custom Thunder Road, my updated Dogfight, Horrified and Survive. How you register for this is still up in the air. As soon as I know I'll post the link.
Old November 17th, 2022, 09:34 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

The website to sign up to play for the Friday after Thanksgiving day of gaming (FatDog) has been posted.

https://lrgames.fun/

You have to scroll down a bit to find FatDog under events. I’ll probably be there most of the day starting around 9:00. I’m planning on bringing my Super HeroScape setup as well as some other games I’ve modified such as Thunder Road and the old American Heritage game of WW1 airplanes Dogfight. Probably bring Horrified and Survive as well. Let me know via PM if you sign up to be there!
Old November 18th, 2022, 06:46 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I have a wedding to attend on Black Friday, so I have to pass on this one. Sorry to miss your Thunder Road and Superscape games, they're a blast!
Old November 18th, 2022, 10:41 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is the first time I've ever found myself wishing I lived near NYC. Grishnakh Superheroscape is great; I got to try it at GenCon once years ago.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 18th, 2022, 10:50 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I agree. But his customized Battle Masters is his best work of all!
Old November 18th, 2022, 02:52 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I have a wedding to attend on Black Friday, so I have to pass on this one. Sorry to miss your Thunder Road and Superscape games, they're a blast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
This is the first time I've ever found myself wishing I lived near NYC. Grishnakh Superheroscape is great; I got to try it at GenCon once years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I agree. But his customized Battle Masters is his best work of all!
Come on youse guys, ya making me blush here.

Anyway, I figured it would be a long shot, but at the very least I wanted to let everyone know I was thinking of running something. In all honesty the day will mostly likely be 20-30 somethings playing more out-of-the-box, current board games, and none of them would probably want to play anything like what I plan to bring and offer.

I can usually get people to play Thunder Road, I have a little bit of a reputation here on the island with that game.

A huge HeroScape game though? Probably not so much. 'Scape might be a little too miniature oriented and creative for the crowd I think will show up. It's too bad, I was planning on a large construction site for the battlefield. Oh well.

I might sell them on my updated Dogfight game though, and since that's easy to bring I'll definitely give that a go. Otherwise the day will probably just be bored game city.

Maybe I should attempt to plan a SuperHero game day in the near future, just for the local HeroScape crowd. I recently updated all of my cards and it would be great fun to set up all the buildings, cars, street lights, etc. and have at it. Back in the olden days of yore we used to play this around the December holidays anyway. I recall having my city scape decked out with holiday decorations. It was kinda fun having the Hulk smash Captain American with a large store front Santa decoration if I recall correctly! Lol.

And thanks Chaz! I actually pulled my version of Battle Masters out a week ago and dusted it off. I'm thinking of just having some people over to the house soon to give it a go. In all honestly I think it's one of my best revised games as well!
Old November 18th, 2022, 05:59 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Agreed on Battle Masters. I remember playing it when I was still living in NYC. I'd love to try it again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers