Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 7th, 2022, 10:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sam Winchester (public testing)

I was thinking 5's across the board for ease of remembering. 5 range aura's, 5 range Colt, 5 normal range. If they end up being too effective, then you can dial it back down to 4. I'd be okay with trying them at 170 each with 5 range aura's.

*edit* Can they not fire non-magic bullets just bought at the local gun shop out of it? Then the limited magic bullets are represented by the X reveal.
Old September 12th, 2022, 10:13 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Copied over from Dean's thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Spoiler Alert!

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT ( Sam & Dean Winchester )
Army Test 1
- Give a brief preview. Hellboy team's up with Blade and are hunting Mutates, while the Brothers are trying to put down Frankenstein (undead). Frankenstein is hunting the Demon Hellboy though. He'll send out the other Creatures first, then try to engage with whoever he can to trigger his bonding.
Map: Custom map, features a couple of grassy hills with some trees (for Blanka & Man-Thing)
Units: Dean & Sam (320), Hellboy II (340), Blade (230), & Cassie Hack (110) (1000) vs. Frankenstein, Man-Thing, Mister Hyde, Blanka (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: First 2 rounds is mostly just moving both teams up into position for a round 3 clash. Frank wins initiative and moves to avoid triggering any of Sam's traps, engages Blade instead of Hellboy or Cassie as a result, also wanted to avoid Dean's Slayer power . Blade starts slicing and dicing Frank, but then Frank & Hyde drop him (no shields rolled on defense). Hellboy moves into Sam & Cassie's trap aura, hoping it might slow down Frank, but no luck. Man-Thing steps up and bashes Hellboy good. Hellboy wins initiative in R4, then takes out Frank (w/2OM on card)! Dean & Sam try to take advantage, but can't hit Blanka (lots of shields for him). Man-Thing takes out Hellboy (no shields, + bonus W). Blanka wins initiative in R5, finishes off Cassie & hurts Dean. Dean then takes out Blanka. Man-Thing wins initiative in R6, takes out Sam. Dean is faster than Man-Thing, so he starts running and gunning. R7: Dean wins initiative and hits Man-Thing, who then flees back towards Hyde. Dean pursues and takes him out. Hyde takes out Dean.
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes, no issues noted. The 3 space auras keep them close together. It's something you could consider increasing if they are in need of a boost.
- What should be the unit's point value? Not sure. Hellboy & Blade fell with only managing to take out Frankenstein. Cassie also went down without contributing any damage. So Sam & Dean managed to take out Blanka & Man-Thing on their own (420 points). If they were facing more ranged units, I think they would have fallen sooner though. *After realizing I used the X reveal incorrectly to save Dean, this would have been a bigger loss. Starting to feel a drop in points in warranted if no changes are made.*
- Give a brief preview. Kind of just want to see how they hold up in a general match-up, so I'm sending them after some Titans. Raven will be an early target here since they can deal more than 1W to her per attack. In general, the Slayers will try to move out as a team while Savage Dragon will jump in to action as they start to fall. Spike picks Buffy, Buffy picks Starfire, & the Brother team up.
Map: custom, see above
Units: Dean & Sam (320), Buffy & Spike (400), Savage Dragon (280) (1000) vs. Raven, Nightwing, Starfire, Changeling, Ravager (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: R1, both teams move up. R2, Sam & Dean move out into the open to set up their auras. Titans Go! = no damage. Dean goes after Raven, Sam fights Changeling. Raven sends W to Sam, flies adj. to Starfire. R3, Dean chases Raven, Titans Go! = no damage. Buffy hits Raven for 3W w/Crossbow, then misses. Starfire nearly takes out Buffy. R4, Titans Go! = Raven Soul Self KO's Buffy, Starfire takes out Sam & hits Dean, Nightwing finishes off Dean, this game is now over. Savage Dragon takes out Ravager. Spike hits Changeling. Savage Dragon gets hit, heals. R5, Savage Dragon hits Starfire. Titan's Go! = Savage Dragon KO'ed by Starfire, Spike hit too, Soul Self. OM2 lost. Changeling takes out Spike.
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes, increasing the range on the Colt to 5 is the only things I'd strongly recommend. Otherwise they both are solid.
- What should be the unit's point value? They work pretty well together and add to the Slayer faction in a positive way. The big loss here speaks more to just how strong the Titans are, plus they had high ground advantage pretty much on every attack. I'm starting to thing Sam might be worth as much or more than Dean though. His auto-shield has had the biggest impact out of all their powers.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old September 12th, 2022, 10:14 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

From Shiftrex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex
Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo
If you haven't gotten too far in testing the brothers, there is a slight change to them. Most notably is the range effect of the their powers is increasing to 5 instead of 3 and Sam gets a slight cost bump.

NAME = DEAN WINCHESTER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SLAYER
PERSONALITY = CONFIDENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

Cost = 170

HUNTING PARTNER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Dean Winchester, if you control a Sam Winchester hero, you may attack with Sam.

HUNTER’S ARSENAL
Whenever Dean Winchester or a Slayer figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Dean attacks using either a normal or special attack, the targeted figure cannot use any special power on their Army Card to ignore or remove wounds.

THE COLT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3 + Special.
You may add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled from this special attack. Before attacking a Demon or Undead figure with this special attack you may reveal the X Order Marker on this card. If you do, then instead of one automatic skull, you may add two automatic skulls to whatever is rolled.

NAME = SAM WINCHESTER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SLAYER
PERSONALITY = ANALYTICAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

Cost = 170

HUNTING COMPANION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Sam Winchester, if you control a Dean Winchester hero, you may move Dean.

HUNTER’S TRAPS 15
Once per turn, when an enemy figure moves onto or over a space within 5 spaces of Sam Winchester or a Slayer figure you control, you may immediately roll the 20 sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, that figure must end it's movement and cannot move again for the remainder of the turn.

DEMONIC PRECOGNITION
After rolling defense dice for Sam Winchester or any Slayer figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Sam, add one automatic shield to the roll. If the attacking figure is Demon or Undead, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this card to make it two automatic shields instead.

C3G DUAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Maggot Swarm

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 170 and 170
- Give a brief overview. I used these guys as a hunter pair alongside another hunter pair. Alternated some Order Markers and figured that they were the more fragile of the two pairs so they could act as support with their passive or X marker abilities if they got bumped off.
Map: Walk in the Park
Units: .

170 Sam
170 Dean
320 Vampirella
340 Hellboy (Anung Un Rama) (II)
1000, 4 hexes

VS

290 Solomon Grundy (Cyrus Gold)
230 Noob Saibot (Bi-Han)
10 Shadow Wraith
175 Kirigi
295 Judge Death (Sidney De'ath)
1000, 5 hexes

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 170 and 170
- Give a brief overview. Similar idea but higher point value so the Winchesters were meant to act mostly as support or a secondary force to back up Blade and Hellboy.
Map: Walk in the Park
Units:

170 Sam
170 Dean
340 Hellboy (Anung Un Rama) (II)
230 Blade (Eric Brooks)
140 Two-Gun Kid (Matthew J. Hawkins)
140 Question (Vic Sage)
10 Skrull Infiltrator
1200, 7 hexes

VS

290 Solomon Grundy (Cyrus Gold)
230 Noob Saibot (Bi-Han)
10 Shadow Wraith
175 Kirigi
295 Judge Death (Sidney De'ath)
205 Scorpion (Hanzo Hasashi)
1205, 6 hexes

Spoiler Alert!

Player 1's THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Really fun very interesting units. I find it cool that a lot of the reposition abilities of undead units happen to be five spaces which is the range for Sam's aura and Dean's special attack. This means Dean has to risk getting caught often if he wants to take an active part in things and they should be used as a secondary line of offense instead of the primary. The fact that Dean's movement stopping Aura can be 5 spaces from any "Slayer" is pretty strong, it came up a few times when Grundy wanted to approach and definitely helped protect me but it also missed 3 times. I'm curious if this should only be something that triggers 5 spaces from Dean, it is a bit more impactful than an auto-shield from Sam when the d20 is helping it.

On the flip side, 5 spaces is perfect interaction distance for Scorpion and Noob Saibot. It just made Grundy sad. I enjoy that both of these guys want the X Marker and they can both justify using it, the special attack is very useful even outside of their specialized matchups and their partial bonding with eachother makes them take some finesse to play. I often found myself puzzling out how to maximize their effectiveness and position them.

Player 2's THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Opponent noted that they seemed strong but fun. The match had a few points where it could have gone eitherway and the Winchesters themselves are not difficult to kill which helps balance the utility that they bring to the game. Also noted that it should be "Hunters' Arsenal and Hunters' Traps" since it is referencing plural hunters instead of just the individual Sam or Dean.

Really interesting. I've never watched Supernatural, just read about the characters a bit before. Seems funny that one of them kept getting abducted by undead because I've heard that is a trope with them.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

My current reward points
Old September 12th, 2022, 10:16 PM
Ninja Playtester

Sounds like they are doing ok, but maybe Sam is coming in a little high.

I'm going to change his traps to not work with all slayers to bring down his cost

HUNTER’S TRAPS 13
Once per turn, when an enemy figure moves onto or over a space within 5 spaces of Sam Winchester or a Slayer figure you control, you may immediately roll the 20 sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, that figure must end it's movement and cannot move again for the remainder of the turn.

My current reward points
Old September 13th, 2022, 12:29 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Old October 22nd, 2022, 11:40 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So I'm one game in and against an army of less costed figures (Rogues), Sam proved to be pretty invincible with the autoshield in the Demonic Precognition power. Shiftrex recommended a change to 1-2 additional defense dice over the auto.

I also wanna mention I was pretty into the show before burning out a little around the second to last season. Unfortunately I've been too busy to chime in much here. I wanted to note that Sam having Demon powers is really just a first/second season thing if I remember right. I'm wondering if you'd be interested in something like this.
Quote:
CARRY ON
Once per game, if Sam Winchester is destroyed, at the start of the next round, you may place one previously destroyed Unique Slayer in your army in your Start Zone and remove all wound markers from that figures card.
This would really fall in line with the trope of someone (Sam/Dean/another Hunter) getting resurrected every season, and I think it makes more sense to have a squishy Human be squishy and then come back, than have a tanky block power.

I am good with keeping as is or making any changes, but I just wanted to bring this up before I test further. @fret_gurglo

Quote:
Army Test
Map: Grundy’s Grave.
Units: Sam, Dean, Hellboy II, Spawn (1,000) vs Captain Cold II, Plunder, Magenta, The Top, Trickster (James Jessie), Weather WIzard I, Tar Pit (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; October 24th, 2022 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spoiler tag
Old October 23rd, 2022, 11:18 AM
Ninja Playtester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
So I'm one game in and against an army of less costed figures (Rogues), Sam proved to be pretty invincible with the autoshield in the Demonic Precognition power. Shiftrex recommended a change to 1-2 additional defense dice over the auto.

I also wanna mention I was pretty into the show before burning out a little around the second to last season. Unfortunately I've been too busy to chime in much here. I wanted to note that Sam having Demon powers is really just a first/second season thing if I remember right. I'm wondering if you'd be interested in something like this.
Quote:
CARRY ON
Once per game, if Sam Winchester is destroyed, at the start of the next round, you may place one previously destroyed Unique Slayer in your army in your Start Zone and remove all wound markers from that figures card.
This would really fall in line with the trope of someone (Sam/Dean/another Hunter) getting resurrected every season, and I think it makes more sense to have a squishy Human be squishy and then come back, than have a tanky block power.

I am good with keeping as is or making any changes, but I just wanted to bring this up before I test further. @fret_gurglo
This version of Sam and Dean are the first few seasons of them, which is why I went with Demonic powers for Sam and The Colt for Dean. Both represent their struggles against the yellow-eyed demon, Azazel. After defeating Azazel, Sam losses his powers and the colt is only brought in as desperation against a super powerful guy (which in later seasons does nothing against the big guys). Azazel is killed by Dean using The Colt in the Season 2 finale. After that, the writers just kept upping the ante for Sam and Dean and having them face against stronger and stronger foes which include Lucifer, God and God's sister The Darkness. That's why I choose early season Sam and Dean, otherwise their powerset could be pretty extreme. I'm only explaining all this for others who have not seen the show.

If Sam is proving too much, I think a drop in his Defense from 4 to 3 and maybe his cost back down to 150 or 160 should balance him out.

My current reward points
Old October 23rd, 2022, 12:47 PM
C3G Landlord

The auto-shield is certainly quite good for him and his team. I see his team still ultimately lost to the Rogues though. I do like that power idea/theme though for this show, no one ever stays dead it seems. I would just save it for another card from their world at this point. Maybe Cass?
Old October 23rd, 2022, 06:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think it would be cool on the car.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 07:09 PM
Ninja Playtester

A version of the resurrection is something I originally had listed on their cards, but as their powers got changed (split), the wording didn't fit on a card so something had to get dropped and it was decided that was one to drop. Maybe leaving it for a story card or something.

My current reward points
Old October 23rd, 2022, 07:10 PM
Ninja Playtester

So how do people feel about Sam Defense drop to 3 and cost drop to 150?

My current reward points
Old October 23rd, 2022, 09:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If the folks who've tested it support that move, y'all have my trust.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library