Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old May 8th, 2016, 01:11 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker
CJ's Supers: Updated 8/22/2016, DC Master Set

This is my supers thread! Superheroes are how I got into scape, and still one of my favorite ways to play, so I really enjoy making more since uh, we didn't get more.

I've tried to make my heroes compatible with C3G as well, they may not synergize perfectly, but you can take any army of my Super customs and should be able to battle it against a C3G army without too much friction.

Any and all feedback is appreciated, considered, and made note of.

My Classics!

Misc. Supers
Spoiler Alert!

DC Master Set: The Conflict Continues!
Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!

Last edited by CJofCourse; June 19th, 2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old August 11th, 2016, 04:39 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker
Re: CJ's Supers: Updated 8/11/2016, DC Master Set

Updated with DC Master Set: The Conflict Continues

Old August 22nd, 2016, 09:40 PM

Re: CJ's Supers: Updated 8/11/2016, DC Master Set

Ok... Revisions are finished, ready to go!

EDIT: I was gonna write long descriptions for each character, but then I decided that maybe that should be left to everyone else to critique my customs. If you have any thoughts on what I should do, let me know!

Last edited by CJofCourse; September 23rd, 2016 at 09:24 PM.
Old December 30th, 2016, 02:12 AM

Re: CJ's Supers: Updated 8/22/2016, DC Master Set

Alright, all revisions and balancing issues have been worked out. If anyone comes across any issues with my customs or if you happen to play with them I'd love to hear about it! Like, seriously, I don't want to be the only person who posts in my customs thread.

Also, design notes coming soon!

Old May 13th, 2017, 11:41 PM

Took me half a year to get back onto this site and finish up the design notes, but I have finally done it. And I see I'm still all alone in this little abode of mine... Oh well, at least I have all my Tarn buddies here with me.

Old May 14th, 2017, 09:21 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I am not a DC guy so I can't really comment on all the characters but I like your design style, simple and straight forward. The language in your power is pretty close to the original cards and definitely gets the idea across. I think using Giant-slayers points costing system is a great way to go since I do the same thing. I guess my only minor critique would be that some of the language in powers can be further fine tuned. EX
Quote:
one wound is dealt
, should be something like "receives one or more wounds from an attacking figure who is not adjacent"
Old May 14th, 2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
I am not a DC guy so I can't really comment on all the characters but I like your design style, simple and straight forward. The language in your power is pretty close to the original cards and definitely gets the idea across. I think using Giant-slayers points costing system is a great way to go since I do the same thing. I guess my only minor critique would be that some of the language in powers can be further fine tuned. EX
Quote:
one wound is dealt
, should be something like "receives one or more wounds from an attacking figure who is not adjacent"
Yeah, wording is my kryptonite. I don't know why, and I can't trace it back to anything, but I use the word "dealt" inappropriately when I shouldn't use it at all in Heroscape. I'm trying to shake off the habit but it keeps haunting me like a thing from Bleakewoode.

Also, you think my designs are simple and straightforward? Great! I always think my designs are too complex and I keep trying to simplify them, I didn't realize I was succeeding! Thanks for the feedback!

Old May 14th, 2017, 09:13 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Yeah, wording is my kryptonite. I don't know why, and I can't trace it back to anything, but I use the word "dealt" inappropriately when I shouldn't use it at all in Heroscape.
I use Gary's Heroscape site a lot to use the original wording for powers and also adapt the the original powers to be used in different ways. I think it very quick and easy to use to find the wording on all the cards. For ex. If a character has a poison ability, I may use the Drow's power as a basis.
Old May 14th, 2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Quote:
Yeah, wording is my kryptonite. I don't know why, and I can't trace it back to anything, but I use the word "dealt" inappropriately when I shouldn't use it at all in Heroscape.
I use Gary's Heroscape site a lot to use the original wording for powers and also adapt the the original powers to be used in different ways. I think it very quick and easy to use to find the wording on all the cards. For ex. If a character has a poison ability, I may use the Drow's power as a basis.
Oh yeah, I usually just look up whatever cards have a similar power and copy-paste-edit, except I like to make original powers... That's usually where things get bent out of shape, and then sometimes hammered back into shape.

Old December 26th, 2018, 03:01 PM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker

Is Flash supposed to be able to attack three different figures on his turn? Or just the same figure three times? The way it is worded makes me feel like it is the latter, but the former may be a more in-theme mechanic?
Old January 11th, 2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyver View Post
Is Flash supposed to be able to attack three different figures on his turn? Or just the same figure three times? The way it is worded makes me feel like it is the latter, but the former may be a more in-theme mechanic?
It is supposed to be 3 figures a turn, it is a wording error that I intend to fix soon though

Old June 19th, 2019, 09:03 PM

Currently in the process of revamping/reworking/editing the DC "Master Set". Changes such as making Batman not lame by removing his third power and replacing it entirely, fixing Flash's wording and potentially making him slower, reducing captain colds radius so melee units have some sort of chance, giving superman freeze breath and/or some other cool option, completely reworking wonder womans lasso, and probably more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations