Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 26th, 2006, 01:16 AM

Magic has disabled reputation
Novice Question

Do you need to win the initiative to use your warriors special power offensively? For example can I use Nilfheim's blast whenever? Or just when I win the initiative and i am attacking?
Old December 26th, 2006, 01:18 AM

Josef has disabled reputation
You should probably czech out how to use ordermarkers. And all the faze's in a turn and round.
Old December 26th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sounds like a bit of a tutorial is in order. First you place turn order markers. Then you roll initiative. The player with initiative then reveals their first turn marker and takes a turn with that army. After that turn is completed, the second player reveals their first turn marker and takes a turn with their army during which thay may move, attack and/or and use any relevant special abilities. Play then passes back to the player who gained initiative who reveals his second turn marker and so forth. Hope that helps.

and

Welcome to the boards, magic!

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 26th, 2006, 01:21 AM

Magic has disabled reputation
I get the order markers and such,

I do understand order markers, and the faze but I am stuck on this one point. I realize if CHaros is attacked he automatically uses his counter strike, but again, when I go can I just use my Frost Blast again and again, or do I have to win the initiative?
Old December 26th, 2006, 01:21 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
YAY now the boards have some magic in them!
Old December 26th, 2006, 01:28 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Magic, with the exception of abilities like counterattack and stealth dodge that specifically state they are to be used some other time, all special abilities would be used only when taking a turn with that army (either via order marker or via bonding). Initiative is irrelevant to this as both players take turns regardless of who has initiative.

~Aldin

EDIT To answer your specific question, Nilfheim, on his turn, can use Frost Blast once which would allow up to three attacks of four dice each /EDIT

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Magic, what Aldin said is correct.
Welcome to the site.
Old December 27th, 2006, 10:46 AM

pashadowops Woo who?
Welcome Magic.

Basically once you use an army in a round they are done until the next round.

Example:

Round one Turn one - you have DW9K, Grut Orcs & Dead Eye Dan

(Yeah I know wierd combo, it's what came to mind) anyway on your turn one DW9K moves and attacks. The turn now goes to your opponent who does whatever. Now it's your turn 2. Since DW9K has already taken a turn you can't do anything with it again until the next round so you move DED. Then your opponent moves and so on.

So to answer your question you can use Nilfheim's special attack when it is his turn regardless of winning initiative. All initiative determines is which player goes first each round just like in D&D. Once he has had his turn though, that's it until next round. (Provided of course you use a turn marker on him that is.) Hope this makes it a little clearer.

Where does the time go? I got a lot of catching up to do! How many more expansions and a new master set...Jeez!
Old December 27th, 2006, 11:10 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pashadowops
Basically once you use an army in a round they are done until the next round.
That is not correct.

There is nothing in the rules that prevents placing multiple order markers on the same army card.

You could place order markers 1, 2 and 3 on Nilfhelm and use Nilfhelm's Special Attack ability on each of those turns.
Old December 27th, 2006, 12:20 PM

ASmiles is correct, you may place any or all of the four turn markers (including X) on any combination of your army cards which you choose.

~Aldin

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 27th, 2006, 12:46 PM

sachsen Woo who?
So, to sum up, you can use Nilfheim's Frost Blast each time you are taking a TURN with Nilfheim (in other words, it's your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd turn in the round and you have placed the 1, 2, or 3 order marker on Nilfheim's card.)

Initiative in this particular question is irrelevant.
Old December 27th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Corundum has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
ASmiles is correct, you may place any or all of the four turn markers (including X) on any combination of your army cards which you choose.

~Aldin
You also have bonding on some that may allow another army to possibly go more than once even if they have only one marker.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's