Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 26th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Book of Sudema's Royal Guards.

This thread is for the discussion and trial for Annerio's custom, Sudema's Royal Guards. Please refer to the Discussion Guidelines.

Playtesting should only include official cards.

Playtesting suggestions:
1) Include Sudema in your army (for obvious reasons).

Judges & vote status:
Firemaster
Taelord
hellerch
Old August 26th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
All right, I don't really see anything wrong with this card (at the moment), other than possibly needing throwing damage added to the Bow to Sudema ability.

Old August 26th, 2007, 10:05 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I just don't see how/why Sudema's gurads should have throw. They're mummies, not your strongest creatures.

Old August 26th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
I'll chime in here, since I had something to do with these, although they were really come up with by committee via input at HSHQ; hence the card credit.

The idea was just to help Sudema with a low cost unit. Sudema is not the strongest figure and with these guys in tow, she is able to use them to create a barrier between her and melee opponents, plus move figures in range of her stare of stone ability or simply push them away.

They were developed prior to the castle, so they are even deadlier now that they can toss figures off the walls.

The whole "throw" thing came up because of the pose of the Dark World mummy figures I used. They look like they are reaching out and grabbing for the throat and if you are familiar with any of the old Hollywood movies, the mummy was not very fast but quite strong and known to throw opponents out of his way. These are not supposed to be the hyperactive jumping mummies of the Summers Mummy flicks.

I also like the idea of a two figure squad, since we have not had any since the Zettians. These guys don't set the world on fire, but they fit their niche.

I look forward to reading about the testing and hearing suggestions.

If you can position these two and Sudema across a body of water where your opponents have to get at you, watch out!
Old August 26th, 2007, 11:13 PM

hellerch has disabled reputation
The main thing I've found with these guys, is that them alone don't make a good unit. Once Sudema's gone, there pretty much worthless. The throw ability doesn't do much, except maybe move people away from Sudema. I think they would be more helpful with maybe an ability to take hits for Sudema or increase her defense. 55 points is a little odd. Compared to other 50 point units like VIkings, Marros, Romans, etc... They couldnt put up a fight. If Sudema's with them, they'd dominate. But 200 points to make one squad work? I don't know. I wouldn't take them in anormal match. Oh, and maybe at least increasing their move to 5 so they can keep up with Sudema might help

These are just my views without testing. Ill post play testing later.

I'm gonna Airborne Infantry your @$$!
Old August 27th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
I'll have to give these guys a go, I even have those figures laying around. I'll get back to you in a day or two.
Old August 28th, 2007, 04:17 AM

I just ran Sudema, and the Royal Guards against, Khosumet and 2x Anubian Wolves, it was pretty close, but Sudema and the Guards won. My map was rather hilly, so it greatly slowed the wolves, while Sudema and the Guards sat pretty and waited. She killed off about half of them and Khosumet, and the guards took out the others, if she had failed to kill two wolves the last turn, the battle would have dumped the other way.

I'd say they are fair, but I'd round them up to a smooth 60 pts.
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:40 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Chiming in with some initial thoughts on these guys: at first, I didn't like the way Sudema takes a turn after the guards (which, btw, I think should be their class rather than warriors), but it makes sense with the abilities and it's not "real" bonding. I think they could use 5 Move to keep up with Sudema: always a good quality in "bonding" pairs, IMO. Other than that, I think they're great. I also don't think they need to be an even 60 points. I don't know why everyone has this obsession with making the points exact.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
So, the consensus so far is that they should be moved to 5 in speed. That makes good sense. I can update that.

Also, Necro mentioned the Guard designation which would give them some slight benefit from the Warden's Guard leadership.

Also, I don't recall why they are 55 points offhand, but I think someone had calculated how much they thought one of these guys would be worth as a single unit common hero and came up with around 27 points or so.

Keep in mind that these guys can almost insta-kill opponents on some maps (by tossing them off walls or into lava). They can also be a real pain in some maps by tossing units into water. Try them on a bridge over a river and see what a pain they are.
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:23 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Also, Necro mentioned the Guard designation which would give them some slight benefit from the Warden's Guard leadership.
If they are made into guards, they'd be fine with either 4 or 5 Move to me, because you could always draft the Warden to make up for it.

As for Bow to Sudema...is it going to be reworded just like Throw?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
If they are made into guards, they'd be fine with either 4 or 5 Move to me, because you could always draft the Warden to make up for it.

As for Bow to Sudema...is it going to be reworded just like Throw?
It could be; the bowing thing was just to make it more thematic. Opponents are being tossed aside and forced to their knees whether they want to bow or not.

Under this TNT system, do we make changes to the cards while the testing is going on or wait until more people chime in?
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:29 PM

You make the changes as you can, to make sure people are playing with the most updated card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards