Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old March 1st, 2007, 10:58 AM

mysaviorjc has disabled reputation
TRU BOGO.....what happened????

ALL,
I never saw the TRU BOGO for last week of February. No sign of it online or ads or ????

So what happened or did I miss something?

Keep using my name in vain, I’ll make rush hour longer.

- God
Old March 1st, 2007, 11:07 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
It never happened. Someone mentioned that TRU has new management that would not give stuff away lilke that.

I've been talking to a contact at a local TRU, and they hadn't heard anything about it from management, nor their Hasbro rep.
Old March 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Toys R Us did indeed have a BOGO sale at the end of February...just not on Heroscape stuff. Most of the toys listed in the flyer were cheap-o ones for little kids.
Old March 1st, 2007, 11:39 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Sandra told us quite some time ago that an inside source of hers has confirmed that BOGOs are a thing of the past. I'd love to believe that they will one day return, but at this point, that does not seem likely.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:15 PM

quixotequest has disabled reputation
BOGOs

Well BOGOs were a good run. They got me to take a chance on this game back in Oct 04, so all I can say is to the former TRU Mgt is "Thanks!"

Last year Hasbro's toy store had some decent promos, though. Sandra's had some fair offers, too. And with my free money I earn with my CC I was still able to get all the Flagbearers and several castle sets for about $15. Would be cool to see more BOGOs, but if not, oh well. TRU in our area totally blows these days in how well they keep the shelves stocked. They generally don't charge competitively. And, their customer service and return policies blow. (They wouldn't take back some extra lava sets my son got for Christmas from his G'ma and even give us store credit.) I've given that chain a lot of money thru the years with all the action figure stuff I've collected. But they don't stock anything interesting or off the beaten track compared to the big box stores anymore. So in my opinion they're best left to go the way of the dodo.

Maker of the HeroScape stats "mini cards" (v2.0 current thru GenCon 07 at BGG's "Heroscape" section.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales