Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 17th, 2016, 10:47 AM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker
Citrus smell coming from tiles. Dangerous?!?

There is an odd smell emanating from my HS tiles, they smell oddly citrussy or piny. I have been around solvents enough to know that such smells are generally not good. Anyone have any insights into this? My tiles are from all over with unknown handling and storage histories.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers!
Old June 17th, 2016, 11:06 AM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Citrus smell coming from tiles. Dangerous?!?

I have never noticed that with my tiles. Maybe a previous owner cleaned them with a household cleaner and the tiles absorbed the odor. Try laying them out to air for a while and see if that helps. I wouldn't leave them in direct sunlight though because the plastic may not be uv stable.
Old June 17th, 2016, 04:35 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Citrus smell coming from tiles. Dangerous?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgarath View Post
I have never noticed that with my tiles. Maybe a previous owner cleaned them with a household cleaner and the tiles absorbed the odor. Try laying them out to air for a while and see if that helps. I wouldn't leave them in direct sunlight though because the plastic may not be uv stable.
Very true. My son left some in the window for a week...they got very brittle.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion