Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 8th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 4-06

Great new General and fun new figure, Soundwarp - these are some great concepts! The War of Valhalla has many more contenders now, as far as I'm concerned.

Just a thought with Aya Morningbrook - if the 4th and 10th are OP with her (which they probably are), how about saying that the power doesn't work on soldiers? (Whether they break it or just don't benefit it'd work - either way.) It would be thematic since the theme of her doesn't seem to involve working with trained, professional soldiers, it would remove those broken guys while still leaving things like Ashigaru Harquebusiers, who are more thematic, more balanced and would appreciate a second army where you have an excuse to use them, and leaves more room for potential future Freyja units, such as peasant bowmen. What do you think?

Also, yeah, Scytale's right - it should be shepherd.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 8th, 2015, 03:01 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Xenothea + Night Whisperer: I think out of all the units you've released alongside your Generals this one might be my favorite. The Night Whisperer is perfectly thematic and looks like it'd be a blast to play. A Mindshackle every other turn seems like an excellent alternative to the Mind Flayer Mastermind. I'm surprised you didn't make this one an Uncommon Hero. Night Whisperer is a pretty general name (although that's not unheard of for Uniques), and they could hypothetically share Dream markers without getting too complicated. But I digress.
I give all my Spirit thingies titles instead of names*, makes them seem more otherworldly and unknowable to me.

She's not an Uncommon, but I am planning on having more Nightmares that she'll work with. Basically, they'll all have the Dreamweaver power, and then each have a different power that can use up any Dream Marker you've placed on someone.

*except for Obrex the Spirit King, though in that case he just has an assumed name because he's the 'face' for his particular group of Spirits.

Quote:
On the wording for Dream Shaper, it says "instead of revealing a numbered order marker". Does that mean that you don't reveal the marker at all? Do you save it for next turn? The round could go on forever! Or am I reading it wrong.
The idea is you just don't reveal the marker. You can't use it for the next turn or anything, it's not the right marker. You can't reveal an X instead of a 3 or anything, no reason you could do it with a 2. That said, I'll probably change the power to where it also removes the order marker, makes it play nicer with some other cards I have on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Once again, love the new general symbols.

Aya Morningbrook

What a unique idea for a unit as well. Perfect for a Shepard (check your spelling there), though. Now you need to make an army of angry sheep for her to lead! Seems broken with the 4th or 10th though.
Hey somebody finally caught the 'typo'! She's Aya Morningbrook, and your's is her favorite post on the citadel. Yes I do intentionally do stuff like that for lame jokes, I have no life.

Sheep are totally going to be a thing actually. I'm basing Aya and the her planet on Magic's Lorwyn block, which most definitely had sheep. Perhaps even the dreaded goatnapper will make the crossover (sans the ability to create an infinite Goat swarm with the right cards).

I honestly just forgot about the 4th and 10th when making her (I don't use them much), it's so annoying being limited by someone else's mistakes. I'm trying to find a way to exclude them without too many causalities.

Quote:
Kren Argus
Again, an interesting concept. The payoff is pretty huge, but so is the risk. Luckily he's pretty tough so he's a worthy challenger. Still, I think the normal way to play as or with him would be to hide him or his challenger until the other is sufficiently beat down by the rest of your army, then move him or the challenger in for the finishing blow. Not really the theme you're going for, sadly. Otherwise this guy isn't too bad; his stats aren't amazing and he's a single-attacker, but that defense boost against squaddies is really nice.
Yeah, unfortunately, there wasn't a good way to force him and his challenger to go at it one-on-one without getting really wordy and weird. There's a limit to how much you can force someone to role-play, and it wouldn't be the first time that the logical choice would be to act completely against the character of the figure you're using. Just going to have to be that way unless I can find a simple solution to it.

Quote:
Night Whisperer
Is there any limit to Dream Markers? It's a neat idea, but I suspect it's crazy-powerful on lava maps. Just fly around placing Dream Markers, then, when your enemy gets close enough to lava, dunk 'em. Flinging them off castle walls works too. Not great against mass commons, but devastating to heroes.
Nope, there's no limit to your dreams!

I don't take Molten Lava into account with my customs. Molten Lava adds absolutely nothing useful to the game, all it does is limit actually interesting powers. It never should have been included in the first place, so I just ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Great new General and fun new figure, Soundwarp - these are some great concepts! The War of Valhalla has many more contenders now, as far as I'm concerned.

Just a thought with Aya Morningbrook - if the 4th and 10th are OP with her (which they probably are), how about saying that the power doesn't work on soldiers? (Whether they break it or just don't benefit it'd work - either way.) It would be thematic since the theme of her doesn't seem to involve working with trained, professional soldiers, it would remove those broken guys while still leaving things like Ashigaru Harquebusiers, who are more thematic, more balanced and would appreciate a second army where you have an excuse to use them, and leaves more room for potential future Freyja units, such as peasant bowmen. What do you think?

Also, yeah, Scytale's right - it should be shepherd.
Eh, little too on the nose I think. It would make sense theme wise, except there are a bunch of other 'military' classes she'd still work with. I don't know, I don't want to limit her to melee only or what-have-you, but I don't really want an obvious 'screw the 4th in particular' clause either. I'll think on it a spell.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 16th, 2015, 12:01 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Hey all, another custom general/card combo platter.

This guys a bit special as he's the first figure of mine to use Gift of Magic, which I'm totally ripping off from the old school customs from the days of yore. Since the actual Gift of Magic power basically does nothing by itself, and is a fair bit of text, I'm not writing it out each time. Instead I'm just putting in the title like I do for flying. Here's my version of the text though:

Gift of Magic X
Start the game with X Mana Markers on this card. At the end of each round, if there are less than X Mana Markers on this card, you may place a Mana Marker on this card.

My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; April 17th, 2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old April 16th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 4-15

Another great Custom as always. I was a little confused by the wording of Secret Door, but I think I got it. (BTW: Typo on that ability says "or any figure you control adjacent the wizard). I'm glad you added the clarification of how Gift of Magic works, because I didn't know how that worked.

I will get right down to ruining the new General's integrity when I have the time.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 17th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

The secret door power reminds me of a custom wizard I made once.

Old March 22nd, 2016, 06:42 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'm slamming a necro on this one. Cause these custom generals need some love and I don't want to go digging for them. I just finished looking up the traits on your generals so I can give a bunch of my new customs for my homeless miniatures a new home and someone new and interesting to follow thematically. I probably said it before, but great job on these.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 22nd, 2016, 09:52 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'm slamming a necro on this one. Cause these custom generals need some love and I don't want to go digging for them.
I finally posted the links on my Customs page: here

This thread certainly could use some loving since SW's Custom Generals are so cool. I wonder what the progress is on that game mechanics update SW was recently talking about.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:30 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'm slamming a necro on this one. Cause these custom generals need some love and I don't want to go digging for them.
I finally posted the links on my Customs page: here

This thread certainly could use some loving since SW's Custom Generals are so cool. I wonder what the progress is on that game mechanics update SW was recently talking about.

~TAF
I'm probably within a week or two of finalizing 'Warpscape'. The problem is I just have a lot of cards to redo (my regular customs are somewhere in the 250 range, then around 50 super customs, and then all the official non-dnd units).

Though I can give a bit of a preview, feel free to guess wildly at what the new additions to the card mean.

My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards