Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old February 13th, 2012, 12:07 AM

Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Monday Night GoogleScape League

Predictions:
Dok- Inspired by me? Maybe. But the defense is regardless too high for the rapid fire army it faces.
Veg- the only good thing that can come out of this is universities realizing they have lots of competition for my brains. (My tournament playing = )
Filthy- It's all brute force, almost literally. Just have to watch when siege mode should be activated.
Sixth- Charos equals no. (yes, I said that about Taelord) but honestly, it's the fourth we're talking about here. The dragon's body is just more high ground.

Tourney History: 1-8, 3468 points slain.
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:14 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megapower999 View Post
Dok- Inspired by me? Maybe.
I laughed out loud when I saw our matchup last week. I wasn't 100% sure I was playing this build at that point, but it was definitely on the top of my list. It was pretty funny to play against something so similar a week in advance.
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:17 AM

Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker

And watch it get crushed...

Tourney History: 1-8, 3468 points slain.
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:21 AM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I think the Knights are going to be too hard for Q9 to take down.

I only give myself 30% chance at the start, and I think Dok beat me on placement, so I give myself now about a 23.5% chance to win.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:24 AM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I've been thinking about the league. And I think for next league session, all armies for each format will need to be submitted before the league starts. That also means each weeks map has to be chosen.

I don't like picking a army with the idea in mind of what my opponent might pick. Whether it is to my advantage or not.

Also on the week 4 army, some people might choose to play a really strong army because they need a win to make the playoffs, while others may choose a lesser army for the implications of the finals.

These are just somethings I don't like.

Thoughts?

Old February 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I've been thinking about the league. And I think for next league session, all armies for each format will need to be submitted before the league starts. That also means each weeks map has to be chosen.
This would also be fun. Despite this being the first online season, complete with a learning curve, Bengi has done an excellent job of keeping everything flowing; if he would just stop supporting the undead, I would be much happier.

Quote:
I don't like picking a army with the idea in mind of what my opponent might pick. Whether it is to my advantage or not.
I think that this is half the fun...Although, I would use a lot less antacid if I had all my army/armies finalized before the first round.

Quote:
Also on the week 4 army, some people might choose to play a really strong army because they need a win to make the playoffs, while others may choose a lesser army for the implications of the finals.
Isn't this part of the natural selection process of Reverse the Whip? Setting this army at the beginning of the season obviously makes it less reactionary, but the current version is still fresh and exciting.

I have had fun in this iteration of the league, and hopefully will continue to do so throughout the remainder of the season. In short, I don't think that your points are negative aspects of the current season, just a different, reactive-style format than what many are used to. Still, I am more than happy to try your recommendations in the next season.
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM

Thanks for responding, if I am in the minority, by all means just leave it. These are just a couple of things I don't like. But I am really enjoying the league, don't get me wrong.

Old February 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This whole thing is an experiment. Feedback is awesome. In a lot of ways I like thinking about the armies week to week. It would certainly be easier to set up the armies in advance, but it wasn't practical for this league as there was so much up in the air. Maybe next season we can have the formats set in stone earlier and will allow us to do this. I would very much like to make 1 spreadsheet with all of the armies done at the start of the season. I'm eagerly awaiting how the draft goes in week 7, because I really think that drafting is one of the best way to play heroscape and the format really lends itself well to it as opponents can take their time to think about how to counter each others picks.
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:42 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

First, let's acknowledge just how awesome this league is. The innovation of different formats each week, AND using the same map/glyphs in every league game each week, are great ways to take advantage of the online format. All these suggestions are just splitting hairs.

Setting aside the logistical issues (i.e. we didn't have all the maps and formats settled at the start of the league), there are plusses and minuses to getting to wait to reveal your army each week.

Plusses:
  • It's just a fun little ritual. We all get to agonize over our builds, and then there's that exciting moment of seeing what everyone else has come up with and making predictions. If all the armies came in one big dump, we wouldn't get to savor each of these reveals and matchups quite as much.
  • I like being able to get a sense of the evolving metagame of our little group before picking armies. Certain figures (Cutters, Marro Warriors, Hydras, Black Wyrmlings) have been more prominent here than hey usually are, while other tournament staples have, relatively speaking, taken a back seat.
  • If I had had to pick all my armies before week 1, I would have been stressed about the prospect of either picking armies that were too weak to give me a good chance, or d-baggy armies that some would hate me for choosing.
Neutral:
  • I get Kinseth's point about desperation picks in the RTW format. However, I also think that the fact that you have to play the army in the semifinals, too, balances the effect quite a lot. Kinseth and I were both extremely likely to make the top bracket even if we had lost our week 4 games, but both of us still had to pick something relatively strong to give us a chance in the semifinals.
Negative:
  • I do think it's a little strange that I actually know my opponent before I pick my army. This can lead to actually tailoring your pick to your opponent, or even throwing out misdirection about your army like I did this week. I guess it's just personal preference, but while I like the ability to adapt to the metagame from week to week, I feel like actually picking with an opponent in mind is a bit excessive.
If it were up to me, I might suggest that for the next league, we have to get our armies in 2 weeks in advance, and then matchups are announced for a given week (out of the remaining pool of players you haven't played) after armies are submitted for the following week. If we keep the last week a draft format (i.e. no army to pick), then there won't be any situation where you know your opponent before you pick an army.

We could also move the RTW week up to week 3, so that nobody is sure which way they're headed when they pick that army.

Obviously, these are just very minor tweaks to a system that, overall, I am extremely happy with.
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM

I do like the excitement leading up to each week on the army, I guess I don't like the ability to know your opponent while you are picking that army.

I could live with 2 weeks before the match you submit your army.

Draft last week fixes the other issues.

Old February 13th, 2012, 02:33 PM

Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker

I like picking armies week to week as I never know how I feel with each one til closer the time lol
I think posting armies before youve played the week befores game I.e. like week 6 army in now before the previous weeks matches are done, could work. Gives me time to think about how I'm gonna play not that it helps.
I also think if we carry this on to next season we should open up a secong league of 8 players and so on to really open this online thing up. With everyone playing the same rules each week for all leagues. This has been discussed between myself kinseth filthy and bengi.

Also hello from rainy Liverpool just bored in airport waiting for my flight. The wife think I'm obsessed with scape she may have something lol
Old February 13th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Playing soon:

Google Doc

4f381da2c5ec31329077666.html

Last edited by Bengi; February 13th, 2012 at 08:35 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events