Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old October 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Thanksgiving Custom Contest

Welcome to the second of the Holiday Custom Series of contests!

The series will include seven separate contests if the interest remains. One contest for each of the more major holidays:
1. Halloween
2. Thanksgiving
3. Christmas
4. St. Valentine's Day
5. St. Patrick's Day
6. Easter
7. The 4th of July

These contests aren't just about taking a figure and coming up with some cool powers for it. These contests are about taking a figure and coming up with some cool powers for it that scream out the theme of the holiday it is based on. Cool powers won't win these contests if the powers have nothing to do with the theme of the holiday.

General Rules
1. In order for your submission to be eligible you must follow all Rules and Guidelines and submit your entry by the due date.
2. Once you have PMd your entry to me, it is your final submission unless you include a note asking for help.
3. No more than one entry per participant. If you do create more than one entry, you will be responsible to choose which one you wish to submit.
4. You may not submit a unit created within 3 months of a particular contest's announcement and/or is presently posted publicly on heroscapers.com
5. You may not post your entry on heroscapers.com or reveal who the designer is of a particular entry until after the winner has been announced.
6. All entries must be reasonably compatible with the Heroscape battle system.
7. Most importantly- have fun creating your holiday custom!

Submission Guidelines
1. All submissions must follow all guidelines and not be in violation of the rules of this forum.
2. The entry must use the figure provided for that contest.
3. Sorry, text only entries will not be considered. Each entry must be reasonably similar in appearance and format to the official Heroscape cards. If creating a card is beyond what you are able to d at the moment, we have many generous customs creators as part of this community willing to help you.
4. PM the entry to me. The PM must be titled: (Insert holiday name here) Custom Contest/ (insert screen name here)
5. It is very much preferred that submitted entries be in .jpg format

Winning
After the initial deadline for submitting entries, all entries that meet the requirements will (if necessary) be divided into as even as possible groups and be placed in separate polls. If more than one poll is necessary, the winner of each poll will be placed into a finalists poll. Whoever wins this poll will be declared the contest's winner.

Prize
Andrew of Auggies has graciously and awesomely donated a $25 gift certificate to the winner of each contest!

Voting
When you vote in the poll, try to keep these things in mind (in order of personal importance for the purpose of these contests):
1. Does the entry bring out the theme of the holiday?
2. Is the entry reasonably compatible with official HS game mechanics and rules?
3. Does the entry seem balanced pointwise?
4. Is the wording of the powers reasonably compatible with official wording?

This contest:
Thanksgiving!

Everyone's favorite Thanksgiving Day bird is the figure choice for this contest. I do hope that this won't keep those who wanted to do the squad from participating. I do see some amazing design opportunities with this one- let your imaginations run wild.

The figure used is a Safari, Ltd. Turkey. I won't hold this to a particular size since some people seem very excited over the prospect of a Giant Turkey (only in HS ). However, if you want to use the Safari, Ltd. turkey for your design, according to Scytale's measurements with his figure, it is Large 6.

Remember to do your best to bring out the theme and atmosphere of Thanksgiving with your custom.

Submission Deadline
All entries for this contest must be received by me by PM by Midnight, November 17th.

Appropriate polls will be posted beginning November 18th to close November 23rd. The winner will be announced on November 24.

Prize
The winner of the Thanksgiving Customs Contest will receive a $25 gift certifcate donated by Auggies. and receive the user title "Thanksgiving Customs Champion"

PNGs for card purposes:
Spoiler Alert!

Custom Contest FAQs

Q: Since there are too many entries for one poll will there be a "finalists" poll that has the top entries from each poll, or will the winner be whoever gets the most votes out of all the polls?
A: There will be a "finalists" poll which be made up the winner from each of the first, or Round One (R1), polls.

Q: Can I vote in each poll, or do I just vote for my favorite entry out of all of them?
A: You can vote once in each poll that is put up.

Q: If there is more than one round of polls what will their timeframe be?
A: Typically the timeframe for a poll will be 3-5 days depending on the number of entries. The more entries, the more time I will give for everyone to thoroughly evaluate all the entries.

Q: How are ties broken?
A: If there is a tie in R1, all cards involved in the tie will proceed to the finalists round (R2). If there is tie in R2, there will be a third round (R3) which will be comprised of all the cards involved in the tie from R2.

Q: Where are the polls going to be placed? In the Custom Unit Section? Or this contest section?
A: The polls will always be posted in the Contests Sub-forum. There is an announcement thread in the Customs sub-forum in which I will post links to each of the polls.

Q: Which time zone's "midnight" are you using as the submission cutoff?

A: I am taking into consideration the time zone that the entrant lives in. All things considered, that seems the most fair (ie, if someone in the eastern time zone and someone in the pacific time zone both get home from work at 6pm to work on their card before the deadline, the person in the eastern time zone would get three extra hours to work on it if I hold all entries to my time zone).

Now, if an entrant does not have a location listed in their profile, then I will hold them to my own time zone (Eastern).

Last edited by Lamaclown; November 18th, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Thanksgiving Custom Contest

I am in a unique dilemma with this contest. I am torn between two possible options for the fig(s).

I can go the obvioue route: A squad of Pilgrims and Indians. The figures (while a tad bigger than HS 28mm) would be readily available from the Jamestown Settlers and Powhatan Indians Toobs from Safari, Ltd.

However, that option will probably produce a lot of similar units with the figures almost dictating the abilities.

The other route is the route that will be the most challenging of the two and will really bring some diversity in abilities: A turkey. Again, the fig in the pic is available from Safari, Ltd. but is well beyond HS scale. I am using a turkey cupcake topper for the actual fig on the battlefield (yes, I have already designed one, but, of course, I will not be entering the contest).

The drawback is that you won't have a HS quality sculpt to go with the card. But, the challenge to make a turkey a viable unit in scape is what makes designing fun and, again, will most likely bring the most diversity between the two options.

So, I will not make a decision on the figure for the Thanksgiving contest until Saturday, Oct. 22nd. You have until then to post your comments on which fig choice should be the one used...

A- A squad of Pilgrims and Indians
or
B- A turkey

Let me hear from you!
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I want to work on the turkey.

I could come up with a lot of silly powers.
Old October 20th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

B. Giant Turkey!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 20th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
B. Giant Turkey!
Actually, now that you mention it, I would prefer him to be huge!

Chompy could actually get a full stomach!
Old October 20th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

From the Safari Ltd. website:

Quote:
Domestic Male Turkey Size: 2.25" L x 3" H (5.5 x 7.5 cm)

Well beyond HS scale??!!?? How the heck do you fit that thing on a base??

In other words, BRING ON THE GIANT TURKEY!!!

EDIT: After measuring, I realized Moltenclaw is three inches tall, so he isn't that huge, but you would probably have trouble getting him on a base.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; October 20th, 2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old October 20th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

hm... hard choice... GIANT TURKEY!

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old October 20th, 2011, 01:57 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

If I'm going to design something, I'd like to be able to actually have the figure(s) to play with, and for that reason I vote for the squad over the turkey. Creativity can still be achieved with the squad.
Old October 20th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Giant turkey is hilarious and awesome, but lack of a practical sculpt hurts it a lot, imo. I'd rather see something that has potential to be playable, so I vote for pilgrims+indians.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 20th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Gosh, I'm really on the fence. As much as I'd love to design a giant turkey, I'm a real stickler for aesthetics. I guess my vote would depend on how closely the pilgrims+indians match HS minis. If they don't match well (scale-wise or otherwise), then I'd rather go for the turkey.
Old October 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I just wanna see some turkeys gobblin' around.

Gobble, gobble.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 20th, 2011, 03:24 PM

Evisceraxe is surprisingly tart

Turkeys say more about Thanksgiving IMO. Bring on the turkey!

Check out my Customs here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37016

**General Update 1-30-12

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games