Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 29th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I'd be more impressed to see InfinityMax or Hahnarama post.
Oh, thanks, Jim. See if I call the hospital the next time. <grin> Of course I will.
You misunderstand... I'd be more impressed to see them post because I always had faith that you would come back.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 29th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I thought with a last time online in about 2009 there wasn't a chance of a return. Behold the power of the "@" username tag! And whoever gave that title, nice work.
Old October 29th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This is like a high school reunion, but fun!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 29th, 2014, 11:36 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Lol...love the sigline Bats Man I beat MarvelScape bloody back in those days.

I am absolutely stoked to be working with Craig again, miss the old days. They say you cant go back but that doesnt mean you cant find something just as good.
Old October 29th, 2014, 11:54 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Here is another video which shows some figures different angles, Jaces cards and the presenter guy makes it clear the combat system is based off of Heroscape at 2:38.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old October 29th, 2014, 12:04 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This has just been spoiled for an upcoming Magic set. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the new un-named white 'Walker for Magicscape.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old October 29th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
This is like a high school reunion, but fun!
Indeed.

I'll add to the conversation that (like Jim), I trust CVN to do the right thing here. I expect a very fun and worthwhile game, one that Magic players can like, but that has a much farther reach.

I'm excited. I'll admit it.
Old October 29th, 2014, 01:10 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Soo many O'sixers lately. Gotta love it.
Peace...
What about O-Sixers?

'06? Haven't you guys found a new board game yet?

Old October 29th, 2014, 01:16 PM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker

I'll add to the family reunion theme and chime in that I'm pretty stoked about the MtG reboot of HS. I'm in!
Old October 29th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

/faint

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 29th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

On yesterday's Dice Tower podcast, Tom Vasel talked with his co-host, Eric Summerer, about his demo of the game at Essen. That discussion starts at 11m30s, but here's a transcript of what was said with light editing to make it read easier. This was an off-the-cuff discussion, with at least one minor error (the board is made of 6 of those mats, not 4), but it gives some new details about where the prototype is at with regards to game play. I've bolded a few of the interesting bits, confirming the natural suspicions about similarities to Heroscape.
TOM: The first game I want to talk about is Magic: The Gathering, The Strategy Board Game, whose name is probably going to be changed, hopefully. This is a prototype game coming out at Gencon 2015, but it's a game that's probably got enough buzz that I thought I would talk about it. I don't normally go out of my way to play prototypes, but [here] I went to Essen early, I sat at the booth until someone came by and I made them teach me.

The game is essentially Heroscape all over again, or Heroscape 2.0.

ERIC: It looked like the from the photos I saw that they were using Heroscape pieces or at least very similar terrain pieces in this prototype.

TOM: Yeah, the board itself has hexes just like Heroscape ones and it is made up of 4 pieces--you put this board together--but on top of it there are some Heroscape tiles. That is what they are, exactly the same. They probably have a warehouse full of them anyway. And I asked if you could use Heroscape terrain with this and the answer is "yes, you could." [maniacal laughter here]

The figures are not all painted like the Heroscape ones are. You'll have five Planeswalkers that ARE painted. This is where Magic: The Gathering comes in. Magic: The Gathering has five colors: red, blue, green, white, and black, and each of those have different Planeswalkers. So five of these Planeswalkers are in this game. You pick one of those and then I believe that you'll get two squads of troops that come with that Planeswalker. These are just made up of plastic. They look kind of like the plastic creatures that came in the Wrath of Ashardalon games--Castle Ravenloft, etc.

You have this Planeswalker and your job in this game is to kill your opponent's Planeswalker. You will run across a battlefield that has some terrain on it, some walls and things, and you can summon these squads and they will help you. You also have a deck of cards where you'll be casting spells which will sound and seem similar to Magic: The Gathering spells.

Each time it is your turn you'll take a turn with one of the units, either your Planeswalker and/or one of the units that they've summoned on to the board and go around and attack the other person's units. The attacking and movement and everything is exactly as it was in Heroscape. You roll dice and you're trying to get hits and then they roll defensive dice and try to get blocking shields. You can move around the board if you move up on higher terrain it costs more movement points, etc. There are glyphs on the battlefield--things that if you stand on them your whole team will get an extra bonus and you can play this two-on-two, so I can play the red Planeswalker, my [teammate] can play the black Planeswalker--this is a hypothetical situation--and we can absolutely MOP THE FLOOR with the blue and green Planeswalkers who helped design the game and I wonder if they let me win so I say good things about it. Man, I crushed them. It wasn't even close.

Very fun game. I'll have to play the final product, obviously, to do some more comparisons to Heroscape, but it really feels like a redone version of Heroscape with some Magic: The Gathering elements thrown in. It's a complete game that comes in the box. I would be surprised if there wasn't expansions and things, but its not like there's random packs in this at all. You get what's in there and they already have point values so you can build your own armies and card decks, etc. Looks very cool. It will probably sell a kajillion copies and I had a lot of fun playing it, so tentatively I'm VERY excited about this. Looks pretty cool and I think they have a winner on their hands. The lead designer is Craig Van Ness, who has done many great things in the Hasbro community.

ERIC: It is similar enough that you could call this the reprint of Heroscape?

TOM: Umm...yeah...I think so. I mean it's not going to have the mounds of terrain that Heroscape had and the massive amounts of different painted miniatures because, frankly, that's just too expensive to redo that. But I could see this doing well until Wizards of the Coast decides it's not making millions and stops making it three years later. But this base board game, you'll be able to buy it and play it for a while and I think it will be a lot of fun.
I'm glad Tom asked the terrain question. That's as close as we've got for confirmation that Heroscape tiles will be 100% compatible and not a slightly different terrain variant (like those Heroscape-ish figure stands Hasbro used a while back). That gives us a bit of hope there could be possible new terrain products compatible with Heroscape.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; October 30th, 2014 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typo
Old October 29th, 2014, 02:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Good stuff! That makes it definitely sound like something we die hard Heroscapers can make use of and/or enjoy on it's own. If the magic spells part of the game is fun and easy to adapt, I may even try to bring that component over into my superscape games. Enchantress, Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Zatanna all might get new cards and a deck of spells to choose from.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion