Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:03 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Fire Swamp by Killercactus

The navigation of this map looks problematic, but it looks well designed. YES to review.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezie View Post
It looks like a great map, but uncapped pillars are not a legal build (as stated by the FotA rulebook) so this is not eligible for consideration.

On the other hand, I think it looks like a fun map, and I think I might give this one a go sometime
Gah. Thanks Freezie.

So if I want to cap the pillars, but make sure they're still inaccessible for all figures, including flying ones, I guess I'd have to put molten lava hexes atop the caps — which would take me over the limit on number of expansions?
Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:07 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
It looks like a great map, but uncapped pillars are not a legal build (as stated by the FotA rulebook) so this is not eligible for consideration.

On the other hand, I think it looks like a fun map, and I think I might give this one a go sometime
Gah. Thanks Freezie.

So if I want to cap the pillars, but make sure they're still inaccessible for all figures, including flying ones, I guess I'd have to put molten lava hexes atop the caps — which would take me over the limit on number of expansions?
I'm sure you could do without the RttFF. Just use all those castle toppers instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:09 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Quote:
Having finally gotten VirtualScape to work on my Mac, I'm taking the plunge into hubris and submitting one of my own maps.
How do you do that?
With Boot Camp and Windows XP.

(I tried to use Wine/CodeWeaver's CrossRoads initially, so I wouldn't have to install Windows at all. But I couldn't get VirtualScape to work that way. Most problems posed to Wine involve graphics functions, and VirtualScape is relatively demanding in that regard.)
Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'm sure you could do without the RttFF. Just use all those castle toppers instead.
Thansk quozl, but the map uses 42 road hexes, and FotA only comes with 21.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:13 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:

Gah. Thanks Freezie.

Not to mention Moltenclaw would have a field day on it. I would leave it as it is for now, as many tournament directors DO include maps with uncapped pillars in them.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old December 4th, 2010, 03:06 AM

Gah. Hadn't thought of that. You're right, Moltenclaw WOULD have a private party with that, wouldn't he.

(I was about to say "stupid Moltenclaw" rather crossly, but then I glanced at your signature block, so will refrain. )
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'd like to nominate Eggbeater for the BoV.

Requirements are D&D + Marvel + RttFF.

As I say in the download page, this map is designed for play with either treasure or power glyphs. It's my intention to leave the decisions of power glyphs versus power-side-up treasure versus symbol-side-up treasure at the discretion of the individual tournament director. If a symbol-side-up trap is used, I suggest either "nothing happens" or "your opponent rolls three attack dice; roll defense normally", but again, the individual TD can make their pick.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by dok; December 13th, 2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

This map was used this past weekend in Baltimore at Clan's Christmas Chaos event.

I *wanted* to play on it there, but wanting is not enough & it wasn't meant to be. I did play on it a fair amount at our house, though, in the days leading up to the event, and I found it nicely balanced for range & melee with play all over the board.

Also I'm a big fan of maps that use Marvel & BftU, because new players can get those easily.

from a guy with no vote: I wouldn't presume to know how the voting would turn out, but I do hope this map gets the full BoV treatment.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:57 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I've been on a 'simple' map kick lately, and Eggbeater fits that bill for me. Yes to review.

-insert signature here-
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Sweet! Another (potential) BoV map I can actually build.
Old December 13th, 2010, 09:25 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Eggbeater by dok

This is a tough set to work with, but it looks like an impressive attempt with the limits the terrain puts on the builder. YES to review.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios