Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 27th, 2011, 06:12 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
The Book of Vision

The Book of Vision

C3G MARVEL WAVE 6
AVENGERS ARRIVE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Supernova set.
Its model numbers and name are #061-062 / The Vision.
The robot Ultron is the creator of the Vision, a type of android he calls a "synthezoid", for use against Ultron's own creator, Dr. Henry Pym and the superhero team the Avengers. Ultron sends his new servant to lead the Avengers into a trap. The Wasp is the first to encounter the synthezoid, and describes it as a "vision" while trying to escape. Adopting the name, the Vision is convinced by the Avengers to turn against Ultron and his programming. After learning how Ultron created him using the brain patterns of at-that-time-deceased Simon Williams, aka Wonder Man, the Vision becomes a member of the team. The team initially believes the Vision's body was created from that of the original android Human Torch, a member of the Invaders. The Avengers later are told that the time lord Immortus used the power of the Forever Crystal to split the original Human Torch into two entities - one body remained the original Torch while Ultron rebuilt the other as the Vision - as part of his plan to nurture a relationship for the Scarlet Witch that would prevent her from having any children, as her power level meant that any offspring she might have could threaten the cosmic beings and the delicate balance of the Marvel Universe.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Can Vision's Density Control prevent knockback? I'm assuming Vision could still be moved by a glyph (such as Cosmic Cube). But I wasn't sure if knockback would be prevented based on the fact that knockback is based on the Super Strength ability.
  • A: Knockback is an extension of the Super Strength special power, so if something prevents special powers from doing something, it also prevents Knockback from doing something.
  • Q: Does Magical Defense reduce the damage from Physical Disruption to 1? Physical Disruption is used instead of attacking, but the definition of Attack in the DnD Glossary defines Attack as an attempt to destroy or adversely affect one or more figures using a normal attack, a special attack, or most special powers. I'm thinking this satisfies the criteria for Magical Defense, and the damage is reduced to 1.
  • A: An "Attack" as it is used on this card or any card is in specific reference to normal attacks and special attacks only. The only exception is when a card specifically references a leaving engagement attack, which is not a true attack it just has the burden of sharing a similar word with the term "attack".

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • As an Android, Vision is immune to a number of special powers, such as Baron von Strucker's Death Spore Release. However, they also have certain vulnerabilities, such as Strucker's Satan's Claw Special Attack.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 12:39 AM. Reason: png
Old February 27th, 2011, 06:13 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Vision - Design Phase

NAME = VISION
SECRET IDENTITY = VICTOR SHADE

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AVENGER
PERSONALITY = CALCULATING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 285

DENSITY CONTROL
Vision can move through all figures, Fortress Walls, and obstacles, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Vision cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight. Vision may not be moved by any special power on an opponent's Army Card.

PHYSICAL DISRUPTION
Instead of attacking, Vision may attempt a Physical Disruption. To do this, choose an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 1-10, nothing happens.
• If you roll 11-13, the chosen figure receives 1 wound.
• If you roll 14-16, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.
• If you roll 17-19, the chosen figure receives 3 wounds.
• If you roll 20 or higher, the chosen figure receives 4 wounds.
After rolling for Physical Disruption, Vision cannot use his Density Control special power for the remainder of the round.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Last edited by tcglkn; June 17th, 2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old February 27th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some general thoughts:

I like the overall direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Android
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Calculating
Medium 5
I like Android and Calculating ... I'm not crazy about Adventure for him because he seems rather ... calculating, not adventurous. Also, given what I have in store for Captain America, I think a straight up class of "Avenger" would work great for him. I mean has he ever really been anything but an Avenger?

Quote:
Life: 7
Move: 6
Range: 4
Attack: 6
Defense: 6
Cost: 315?
7 feels too high, but I'm OK with the rest of the stats. Maybe 5 for his attack given the range? He's definitely worth way more than 315 as is, IMO.

Quote:
Density Control
Start the game with the Density Control Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may place or remove the Density Control Marker. While the Density Control Marker is on Vision’s card, he may not be targeted for attack by non-adjacent attacks. Vision may only use Physical Disruption Special Attack while the Density Control Marker is on this card.
I like it, but I think the third sentence should be based almost directly on Invisible Woman's Invisibility power.

Quote:
Physical Disruption Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 2.
When Vision uses Physical Disruption Special Attack, figures without the Superstrength Special Power may not roll defense dice. Figures with the Superstrength Special Power must roll 3 fewer defense dice. After Vision has used the Physical Disruption Special Attack, immediately remove the Density Control Marker from Vision’s card.
I like it, though maybe only 2 fewer defense dice against figures with Super Strength ...

Quote:
Calculated Response
If Vision is attacked by an opponent’s non-adjacent figure and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-15, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 16 or better, Vision takes no damage and may immediately place the Density Control Marker on his card.

Superstrength
Flying
I like Super Strength and Flying but I don't really care for Calculated Response. I think he's already worth quite a bit without it and I'd prefer to streamline his card a bit and cut this power all together.

Good stuff here!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:43 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, any way to get some action on this one? I'd thought he was closer to being ready for an initial playtest than he really is.
Any response to my comments, Spidey?

Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:56 PM
C3G's First Fan

I'm pretty sure I made all those changes. If I missed one let me know.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old March 2nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I promise to give him a hard look later tonight Spidey. I haven't been able to keep up and contribute to all the threads like I'd like to. So I have to pick and choose and now that BVS is just about done, I will only have to worry about Wasp to LD and be able to help elsewhere.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:51 PM

Sorry, Spidey, I read the legacy text when I glanced through today! Thanks for the post letting me know you went for the changes, though.
I should be able to wrap Wasp up tomorrow, hopefully, in which case I can start on Vision on Friday (at which point, hopefully, more people will have had a chance to look at him).

Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Is there no downside to having the DC marker on his card??

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Is there no downside to having the DC marker on his card??
No, there's not, but that doesn't mean it's always going to stay there.

Vision's turn - he places the marker on his card, then attacks. If he uses his normal attack, that's fine, the marker stays. He basically just has intangibility like Martian Manhunter. If he wants to use the awesomeness that's his special attack, then after he uses it, he has to remove the marker.
That means, when it's your turn, he no longer gets the advantages of the marker.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:01 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I understand that, but it just means there's no real "choice" in placing the marker - it's ALWAYS a good idea.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:05 PM

Very true, but I think the choice comes more into play with when to use the special attack, knowing you'll need to remove the marker.
It's more GL marker than Magneto marker. Magneto can't use his throw if he places the marker. GLs always place their markers, but they have to choose carefully when to remove them.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:06 PM

With the GL markers, there's definitely a choice since there's no way to get them back. For DC it might as well just say "place this marker before taking a turn."

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library