Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Storm

The Book of Storm

C3G MARVEL WAVE 8
THE MUTANT MENACE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Danger Room set.
Its model number and name are #006 / Storm.

Character Bio - Ororo's mother, N'Dare, is the princess of a tribe in Kenya and descended from of a long line of African witch-priestesses with white hair, blue eyes, and a natural gift for sorcery. N'Dare falls in love with and marries American photojournalist David Munroe. Eventually the family moves to Egypt and lived there until mom and dad die during the Suez Crisis in a botched aircraft attack, leaving six-year-old Ororo as an orphan. Her violent claustrophobia is established as a result of being buried under tons of rubble after that attack. She becomes a skilled thief in Cairo under the benign Achmed el-Gibar and wanders into the Serengeti as a young woman. She is worshiped as a goddess when her powers appear before being recruited by Professor X for the X-Men. Now as an X-Man, she dedicates her life to protecting all people; Human and Mutant from harm. She is a leader and mother figure for most of the young Mutants who attend Professor X's school for the gifted.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q:Can Jubilee take a turn after Storm if Storm uses Gale Force Winds? Jubilee's card says "after taking a turn" and Gale Force Winds says "instead of taking a turn with Storm".

A:
    No. The “instead of taking a turn with Storm” inclusion in her Gale Force Winds power means just that, you are substituting that action for her turn. So powers that say “after taking a turn with..” can't be used after Storm uses Gale Force Winds because she didn't take a turn.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:57 PM. Reason: png
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Storm - Designing

NAME = STORM
SECRET IDENTITY = ORORO MONROE

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = WILD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 220

GALE FORCE WINDS
Instead of taking a turn with Storm, you may choose a figure within clear sight of Storm. The chosen figure and each figure adjacent to that figure are affected. Place each affected figure on any unoccupied space up to 2 spaces from its original placement. Moved figures never take any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower can receive any falling damage that may apply. Gale Force Winds does not affect huge figures and can only be used once per round.

LIGHTNING TEMPEST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4, 3, and 2.
All figures that do not have the Electrically Charged special power that are within 2 spaces of Storm are affected by this special attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, Storm must attack 2 additional times, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack. This special attack can only be used once per round.

BLINDING RAIN
Storm and all friendly figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Storm never take any leaving engagement attacks.

FLYING

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 27th, 2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old October 17th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
NAME = STORM

SECRET IDENTITY = ORORO MONROE

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = QUEEN
PERSONALITY = WILD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 230
I think this is what we are looking at here.
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think you could allow Hurricane Winds to be once per round since its instead of taking a turn.

Lightning Tempest is cool and innovative.

I like Cover Fog.
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I think you could allow Hurricane Winds to be once per round since its instead of taking a turn.
I really would like that, but seeing as how much people tend to complain about lava, I was hesitant to do so. Lets see what others think.

Quote:
Lightning Tempest is cool and innovative.
Thanks.

Quote:
I like Cover Fog.
Me too. It should be good at helping any army, but I think this and Hurricane Winds is what allows her to feel like a true Leader.
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

What happens when there are no available targets (opponents' or friendly) during the "must attack" 3 additional times?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
What happens when there are no available targets (opponents' or friendly) during the "must attack" 3 additional times?
Just keep attacking until it is done I guess. It certainly wouldn't hurt anything, unless we make it so that Storm can be affected by it.

One thing I really don't want to do is add unnecessary text to a very text heavy card. I am already worried that it may be too much, and we may end up having to cut a power out.
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Just keep attacking until it is done I guess. It certainly wouldn't hurt anything, unless we make it so that Storm can be affected by it.

One thing I really don't want to do is add unnecessary text to a very text heavy card. I am already worried that it may be too much, and we may end up having to cut a power out.
Just don't roll. People often just don't roll defense if no skulls are rolled even though it is mandatory. This is a situation where you use common sense, if no one is there, no one is affected, so no need to roll.
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks good. On a thematic level I kind of like the idea of her only creating a hurricane once per game. It also helps keep her different than Red Tornado, who can and should be able to do that type of thing all the time.
I think she has a nice collection of powers here and I'm definitely a fan of carrying on the lightning/electricity mechanics established with Elektro with the multiple attacks of decreasing intensity.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 6th, 2011, 01:01 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool. I like the design and I've been wanting to have a C3G Storm for quite some time.

A few thoughts I had:

The comic art you have is great. I like the cape, but the mini is kind of freaky. I prefer this other one personally.

What about lowering her defense to 3 or 4 and upping her life to 6? From what I remember she seems to go down like a rock quite a few times. The life of 6 could be justified because she is a Goddess as well as a Mutant. This would also differentiate her stats a little more from Ice Man, Jean, Gambit, etc. Also, no range?

I'd prefer once per round with Hurricane Winds, but it might be weird to have 2 once per round abilities on one card to have to remember though.
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I kinda like the caped figure, personally. Seems more regal and "force of nature."
I see what you're saying about no range. It seems odd come to think of it that she has a melee attack of 4. It being melee makes it seem that the attack really isn't coming from her powers, and she doesn't seem to be one to hit very hard with her fists.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Great start, Griffin! I was both excited and dreading to open this thread and read because I know she has a ton of powers and only so much space to fit them in, but you did a great job fitting a lot of power into a few mechanics. Nice job!

My suggestions are:
1) keep her attack as is and give her a short range, 2 or 3. She is a good hand to hand fighter because of her losing her powers back in the 80's and because her husband is a fantastic hand to hand fighter. Thus the short range shows her having short electrical strikes normally.

2) Make hurricane winds once per round and incorporate rain into that. Perhaps add in "any figures moved by Hurricane Winds may not target any figureor be targetted for a ranged attack for the rest of the round." That way it incorporates the driving rain of a hurricane as well.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library