Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 26th, 2007, 09:45 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
Raelin

i know i probably spelt her name wrong but im in a hurry. Do you ever wounder about her defense aura. +2 defense in a 4 space distence is kinda broken imo. Look at tailord. He has only +1 attack and costs much more. Not that im dissing railen, shes one of my favorites. I refer to her as the heart of my army. Do you think we will get a charecter with as good an aura. There is now mention of one new Jander kyrie and three new ullar heros.( are they kyrie because thorman was familar with them, he wasnt confused like with sev.) They might have good auras but remember our friend arik. He was in thormans but unreleased unfortunatly.

Do you like aura? What do you think of railen? i know this hasn't just dawned on me but i was just wondering.

My Signature
Old January 26th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Raelin does seem kinda broken, but think about the odds with those dice - 33% with each; usually you won't get much use from them. Oh, and the three Ullar heroes are Elves, they were taken from Feylund while being attacked by Anubian Wolves. As for the new Jandar Kyrie... who knows. Maybe we'll see him in Wave 7 or 8?
Old January 26th, 2007, 10:40 PM

you are right about both the dice probability and the elves. Remeber wave 4? The 3 cobays were all unique heroes yet came in a set with one squad. I see the three elf chicks being a similar situation.

But on topic, railen adding 2 defense is usefull.

My Signature
Old January 26th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Wait... what? What does Lawman & Samurai have to do with, well, anything?
Old January 26th, 2007, 11:32 PM

ohh. I mean that the 3 elves will probably be in wave 7 but be instead of a squad. Simar to the lawmen and samurai set. I was adding on to your coment about them in wave 7

My Signature
Old January 27th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Taelord is over priced, Raelin is fine
But if Taelord had any more attack in his Aura this game would cease to be heroscape and become Omnicron & Taelord Scape

::Nathan Hoel::
Old January 27th, 2007, 02:09 AM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd like Raelin to be 120.
Old January 27th, 2007, 04:15 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
rälin ae is in german an ä, like ue-ü, oe -ö..

raelin is the woan part in best actor and actress. see the movies.
so both had a great power and seems suprem over all the other figures. like ne-gok-sa for utga.
Old January 27th, 2007, 08:55 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketch
Taelord is over priced, Raelin is fine
But if Taelord had any more attack in his Aura this game would cease to be heroscape and become Omnicron & Taelord Scape
I couldn't agree more. The +1 attack is as effective or more than the +2 defense dice that Raelin gives; however the 100 point difference does not justify it and makes Taelord a big risk. The thing I hate about Taelord is his wimpy stats. He looks as if he could kick some real A*& but he has the exact same stats as Raelin. Also, his "character bio" gives him a history of winning Utgar's combat contest and defeating like over 60 other heroes -- Taelord is cool for boosting others, but he is really a wimp when one on one. No one can deny that. Why didn't they give him a 4 attack or 4 defense? I think a 4 attack and a 6 life would have made the 180 points a lot easier to swollow. I don't see him defeating any other Utgar heroes like DW8000 or Krug with his disengage/flying ability. It's also kind of good that he can disengage and keep his aura going for a little while longer, but it just doesn't fit in with his character. Why didn't they make him more of a fighter? One of the Minions could easily kick his butt. A squad of the WoA could also. What gives?
Old January 27th, 2007, 09:47 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
The Redneck Kyrie, Rae Lyn, may be the heart of an army, but she's very vulnerable. She needs to be close enough to the action for her aura to take effect that ranged fire becomes a dangerous threat. She just doesn't have the defense or the life to stand and take it for too long. Her attack isn't high enough for her to lead the charge, either. So you have to make some choices with Rae. Although she hands out a dandy defense aura, the units around her take on the responsibility of being her bodyguard. Any attacker who doesn't target her even at the expense of targeting more open figures around her is making a significant tactical blunder. Same for Kelda; she gets in range, shoot her up before she gets to heal somebody.
Taelord is overpriced. We've been there before. I play him at 80 points like the rest of the kyrie, or 100 if the opponent objects. There's even a discount priced Taelord card in the gallery that might be the one I posted back in the HQ days.
Old January 27th, 2007, 09:59 AM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Taelord is definitely not overpriced. Not every figure is designed to fit well in a 400 point game. I could see an argument for maybe 160 or so but 80!!!!???? He'd be an auto 1st pick every game for me
Old January 27th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Units like Raelin also make you more predictable.
When you have Raelin you have a few optons
a) Forfeit her use and leave her aura,
b) stay in here aura constantly, and lose your mobilitly

You can mix and b, but you will always be restricted or losing some part of your abilities.

I use her all the time, but its a trick to lure your opponent to where you want them WITH raelin there.

::Nathan Hoel::

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units