Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 9th, 2020, 04:07 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [AotV] Pre-Brainstorming Thread

Markers-wise, I think there are 5 of the sword/shield double-sided, and 3 of the sunburst. I'd love to see a creative use of both and don't see how double-sided markers would be an issue, given that it'll most likely be spelled out on the card.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 10th, 2020, 03:47 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

How about for the Scions:
Quote:
PARASITIC MOVEMENT
Instead of moving normally, a Scion may move any adjacent figure up to their maximum move value. That figure does not take any disengagement attacks. If a Scion uses PARASITIC MOVEMENT it also must use CLINGING MOVE on the same figure.

CLINGING MOVE
Anytime a figure starts its movement next to a Scion, after it is finished moving you may place a Scion adjacent to that figure. Only one Scion may be placed per figure movement.
The wording needs cleaned up immensely but you get the idea. I like this because it kinda makes them like RATS or Gladiatrons in that once the Scions get engaged they stay engaged, but still lets opponents attack other melee targets, just not at range. Also any friendly figure can "Carry" Scions around. And also help Ozuul as they provide more mass for CRUSHING VORTEX, but does make the combo of CLINGING MOVE and GRAVITY PULL complicated as I have worded, so needs cleaned up.

I'd also like to use these markers - any ideas who/where?
Old May 10th, 2020, 07:19 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

There was an Angel of Hope design up there...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 03:21 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Just an idea. It would be cool to have unique cards blanks for this set like how the other master sets had their own themes. Since its a desert and ruins themed box, maybe the decorative bits could have worn/faded colors and the backgrounds could feature dusty dunes (with even a crypolith in the distance?). Worn out general symbols/names would also add to the aesthetic.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 24th, 2020, 08:33 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

That could be fun, if someone was up for it.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 12th, 2020, 10:17 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's another idea I had for Arlinn Kord (Werewolf) that was inspired by some posts by @sonofarathorn and @flameslayer over on the discord server. HOWL OF THE BLOOD MOON was @sonofarathorn's idea, and @flameslayer helped me flesh out and think through the draft below.

Quote:
Arlinn Kord Werewolf
Utgar (Feylund)
Wolf / Unique Hero / Hunter / Relentless

4 Life / 6 Move / 4 Attack / 5 Defense

HOWL OF THE BLOOD MOON
After placing Order Markers, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may add 5 to your initiative roll at the beginning of this Round.

INTO THE NIGHT
Friendly Hunters are never attacked when leaving engagement with a squad figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Arlinn.
I think this version probably synergizes best with the Varkaanan faction, as most of them are hunters and as a unique wolf she/he can bond with the squads via Wolf Pack. However, she also helps the Badru too, and on her own she can fulfill a nice first strike roll, with her initiative boost and conditional disengage.

Within the context of the set, I don't think she is overly reliant on being used with other hunters for her to earn her points. Into the Night is nice, but its fairly situational. I think that most of the time when drafting her, you're doing so for the initiative boost. That being said, within our set the Ukushisa Pride are currently hunters, and given the importance of positioning for them, I could see the disengage as being pretty useful.
Old July 12th, 2020, 12:57 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I always thought this figure would fit best with the Anubian Wolves. Varks have a few heroes with synergies, the poor Anubians only have Khosumet who is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Here's another idea I had for Arlinn Kord (Werewolf) that was inspired by some posts by @sonofarathorn and @flameslayer over on the discord server. HOWL OF THE BLOOD MOON was @sonofarathorn's idea, and @flameslayer helped me flesh out and think through the draft below.

Quote:
Arlinn Kord Werewolf
Utgar (Feylund)
Wolf / Unique Hero / Hunter / Relentless

HOWL OF THE BLOOD MOON
After placing Order Markers, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may add 5 to your initiative roll at the beginning of this Round.

INTO THE NIGHT
Friendly Hunters are never attacked when leaving engagement with a squad figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Arlinn.
I think this version probably synergizes best with the Varkaanan faction, as most of them are hunters and as a unique wolf she/he can bond with the squads via Wolf Pack. However, she also helps the Badru too, and on her own she can fulfill a nice first strike roll, with her initiative boost and conditional disengage.

Within the context of the set, I don't think she is overly reliant on being used with other hunters for her to earn her points. Into the Night is nice, but its fairly situational. I think that most of the time when drafting her, you're doing so for the initiative boost. That being said, within our set the Ukushisa Pride are currently hunters, and given the importance of positioning for them, I could see the disengage as being pretty useful.
Old July 12th, 2020, 02:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like that draft, CaptainStupendous. I think 3 defense would be much more appropriate than 5. I really like how she interacts with Varks, Badru, and the Ukushisa Pride.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 13th, 2020, 08:15 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My original draft looked like this, which would have actually helped the Anubians and Badru more (changes in bold):

Quote:
Arlinn Kord Werewolf
Utgar (Feylund)
Wolf / Unique Hero / Darklord / Relentless

HOWL OF THE BLOOD MOON

RELENTLESS ADVANCE
Friendly figures with a relentless personality are never attacked when leaving engagement with a squad figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Arlinn.
The biggest issue with this version is my impression that there are a lot more relentless figures that would benefit from the disengage than there are hunters, and those synergy implications would need to be considered. The most significant figures would probably be Incendiborgs, but I could also see her making the Knights of Blackgaard too effective.

Overall, I think I prefer the Hunter synergy more than Relentless, but I could see a case being made for either version.

Regarding the Defense, I'm not overly attached to any aspect of her statline. My thought process with giving her 4 L and 5 D was mainly to provide some more variation in defense values within the Master Set, as at this point a lot of our heroes have three defense, and hardly any figures in general have more than 4. However, I'd be happy to explore other values if that would lead to a stronger design. Of course, this is all very preliminary anyway, I'm more sharing just in the hopes of potentially inspiring whoever ends up working on Arlinn's pod to take this idea in their own direction.
Old July 13th, 2020, 08:47 PM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Anubians, Badru and Varks are all Wolves, could possibly play off of that? I get using Relentless being too powerful though, makes sense.

Maybe some type of movement power, lots of attack buffs so far in this set.

Leader of the Pack
After taking a turn with Arlinn, you may move X (3 or 4 maybe?) Wolves X amount of spaces (4?)

Just an idea. Not married to anything. The figure just feels like an Anubian Leader.

Quote:
My original draft looked like this, which would have actually helped the Anubians and Badru more (changes in bold):

Quote:
Arlinn Kord Werewolf
Utgar (Feylund)

HOWL OF THE BLOOD MOON

RELENTLESS ADVANCE
Friendly figures with a relentless personality are never attacked when leaving engagement with a squad figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Arlinn.
The biggest issue with this version is my impression that there are a lot more relentless figures that would benefit from the disengage than there are hunters, and those synergy implications would need to be considered. The most significant figures would probably be Incendiborgs, but I could also see her making the Knights of Blackgaard too effective.

Overall, I think I prefer the Hunter synergy more than Relentless, but I could see a case being made for either version.

Regarding the Defense, I'm not overly attached to any aspect of her statline. My thought process with giving her 4 L and 5 D was mainly to provide some more variation in defense values within the Master Set, as at this point a lot of our heroes have three defense, and hardly any figures in general have more than 4. However, I'd be happy to explore other values if that would lead to a stronger design. Of course, this is all very preliminary anyway, I'm more sharing just in the hopes of potentially inspiring whoever ends up working on Arlinn's pod to take this idea in their own direction.
Old July 13th, 2020, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Anubians, Badru and Varks are all Wolves, could possibly play off of that? I get using Relentless being too powerful though, makes sense.

Maybe some type of movement power, lots of attack buffs so far in this set.

Leader of the Pack
After taking a turn with Arlinn, you may move X (3 or 4 maybe?) Wolves X amount of spaces (4?)

Just an idea. Not married to anything. The figure just feels like an Anubian Leader.

Quote:

Quote:
Arlinn Kord Werewolf
Utgar (Feylund)

HOWL OF THE BLOOD MOON

RELENTLESS ADVANCE

While I like that idea (especially for a standalone SoV custom or something), the only problem with giving her wolf synergy is that she is the only wolf in the master set. Hunter synergy allows her to synergize with the Ukushisa, while Relentless synergy would allow her to help Pyria. I'm fairly hesitant to give her a cheerleader ability that has no use within the master set.
Old July 13th, 2020, 09:39 PM

I hear you and that makes complete sense. My only counterpoint would be Grimnak was in the 1st master set and gave orc bonuses with no other orcs in the set.

Certainly Grimmak is no cheerleader though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs