Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 5th, 2018, 04:57 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Now you have essentially a pounce SA without the same penalty that has applied to other pounce SAs in the past.

I'm smelling a lack of restraint in many areas of this faction.
Except that's balanced out by being a weaker attack on a, per figure, more expensive unit... Even if you get the defence subtraction to work, that's more set-up and, since each die has 3 skulls to 2 shields, +2 attack is still better than -2 defence for the attacker (unless targeting something like Krav or Sentinels, admittedly).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 5th, 2018, 10:45 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Except that's balanced out by being a weaker attack on a, per figure, more expensive unit... Even if you get the defence subtraction to work, that's more set-up and, since each die has 3 skulls to 2 shields, +2 attack is still better than -2 defence for the attacker (unless targeting something like Krav or Sentinels, admittedly).
Of course you can justify each individual tweak. That's not my point. It's that I'm seeing a lot of dials bumped up to make the faction more effective. I would like to see more restraint across the board--that would make a novelty like this easier to swallow.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; November 5th, 2018 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Or maybe it *is* my point?
Old November 5th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I agree with caps to an extent. This power has gone beyond necessary simplicity and is getting bogged down in forced theme. If you want to give it a ranged attack, give it a ranged attack. If you want some sort of dive effect, do something simpler, like First Assault or Charging Assault.
Old November 5th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate the feedback. I’ve got a few things to think about. I like Leaf_its suggestion for the ability...but I also can see the valid points Caps and Scytale have pointed out with not over-complicating it.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 5th, 2018, 04:54 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Balance: Razor Blood-edge is 135 points, but this troll is unique, has two special powers and serves Utgar.
Playability: I have playtested this version of Razor Blood-edge on November 5, 2018. He is large so the base might be a double. The powers are clear & understandable, I hope.
Creativity: His Rending Swipe Special Attack power is new.
Theme: He might be Troll but his class is a Bladerager
Accessibility: There are +13 of this sculpt at Troll and Toad, +4 at Miniature Market, and +3 at Braps Magic. Total: 20
Here is the miniature and army card for this unit.
The figure used for this unit is a Bladerager Troll from the D&D set. The name and model number is Bladerager Troll Dangerous Delves #7.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; November 5th, 2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old November 5th, 2018, 04:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Um.

Is this the same version that you posted a playtest with earlier today? That killed hundreds of points while only taking one wound? Or have you tested this new version as well?

You probably shouldn't move a unit from the 3FG to the Pre-SoV in one day, especially if you didn't address all the feedback you got there.
Old November 5th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The availability is simply too low for SoV consideration.

The design is pretty solid for the mini. 135 points feels high, especially compared to the Feral Troll. Rending Swipe is a fine power, though it wouldn't have to be a special attack at all, just additional wounds similar to Poison Weapons. Attack of 2 is an oddity that stands out. I don't see any reason to have it that low; you should strive to make the normal attack at least occasionally useful. Make its Attack 4 and it will be fine, and you wouldn't need a price bump.

The biggest problem (other than availability), as I said the 3FG thread, is that it's inherently similar to the Feral Troll. Yes, a special attack is different than a normal attack, but mainly it's a Regenerating Troll with an attack power that's good against heroes. Blood Frenzy works a bit differently because timing matters, but ultimately the two are not that different.
Old November 5th, 2018, 05:35 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

H101, what happened to Skalmad? People seemed genuinely excited about him. He may need a mini swap for one with more availability, but if getting into the SoV is really your end goal, then why not try with him?

But I’m not just saying post him here right this second. Run at least 2 more playtests with him and then maybe he’ll be ready for this thread.
Old November 5th, 2018, 08:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
H101, what happened to Skalmad? People seemed genuinely excited about him. He may need a mini swap for one with more availability, but if getting into the SoV is really your end goal, then why not try with him?

But I’m not just saying post him here right this second. Run at least 2 more playtests with him and then maybe he’ll be ready for this thread.
I really like Skalmad. His taking my suggestion to clean up the one ability made him really spot on in my opinion. The reason he's called skalmad is it is the official name of that dnd troll figure. I think its great now. It may need some testing, but it looks pretty close to good as it is just theoryscaping it. The mini isnt terribly available though. With a few more tweaks on his new bladerager, I'd print that one out for use as well. I think what Heroscaper 101 needs to know is that not all minis need to be SOV to be fun to add to your collection.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 16th, 2018, 04:50 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Before anything, a big thanks to @superfrog for making these cards for me, They look great!

I have some customs I'd like to workshop, I have some I really like, however their availability may be a problem. We'll start with one that seems to be more available than the rest. I present to you Heimlohr, the Viking Giant.

Balance
I feel he's somewhat swingy and I'd like to hear what you guys think.
Playability
The rules are very clear and he fits onto a peanut base.
Creativity
I feel like this is a unique addition to the giants, as there are no giants who've aligned with Jandar as of yet. His Life and Defense stats align with most of the other giants, but his abilities are new and rather fun.
Theme
This Hero fits alongside well with his Viking counterparts while adding strength and variety amongst them.
Accessibility
This figure (Frost Giant- Tyranny of Dragons #27) is very available. 20 available on Troll and Toad, 20+ on Miniature Market, and 20+ available on Ebay, all less than $10.
Old November 16th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I mean... he's solid, and I love the figure, but I'm not sure he'd be that interesting to play to be honest and I'm not exactly clamouring for another hero who's meant to slaughter melee heroes while getting chewed up by ranged squads. Have you considered swapping Braced Defence out for Legendary Creature on Asterios? It would give him a more interesting role in being tougher against squads and it sort of fits in with the idea of Norse Sagas and heroism to have the giant be a Legendary Creature only a hero can kill.
I'd struggle with Viking as a class when all the actual Vikings are Warriors or Champions... I'd go with one of them.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 16th, 2018, 05:21 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I agree with L_O, Viking strikes me as off. I'd probably go Warrior, or Champion if you're feeling like making an ode to old 'Scapey synergies without actually joining any of those webs.

Berserker Rage is probably the coolest thing about this card, I'd try to add accoutrements to amp up that theme. Given the boost to his move, I'd drop his normal move to 5.

Braced Defense fits in that he should have more than just 4 defense, but I wonder about its application. Why only use it on melee attacks? His shield would probably block projectiles effectively.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards