Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sports: NFL

Excellent performance by the Pack, though I was disappointed to see the first two drives stall and they only came away with 6 points combined. Still, Crosby has definitely improved since last year (making a franchise record is pretty nice).

As for the upcoming game, I think that the Packers will win. The Bears are doing fairly well, but they barely won the Lions...who got totally ripped off with that stupid rule...and won against an over-rated Cowboy team that is about to go 0-3. Cutler is doing much better, however, and the Pack must contain Forte if they hope to win.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:27 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just gotta give a big Woo Hoo to the McNeil/Jackson less Chargers!

P.S. The Chiefs game was a fluke!
Old September 24th, 2010, 12:39 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
What this? No love for the Bengals? If they can get a little more offense going they could easily win the AFC North again this year with their secondary playing like they are.
It's hard showing love for a team that has TO and #85.
Nah actually that makes it easier. Love those guys, Sir Esteban Ochocinco just a little bit more though.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old September 27th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post

As was the Seattle game? Gotta say one thing, Chargers have simply awesome special teams.

After a good Sunday I'm surprised that nobody has said anything. My grandpa is really happy with the Chiefs. They win a game, and everyone else in the division lost.

Also, I'm finding it pretty funny all the hype that the 49ers had, and then they fall flat on their faces, pummeled by Seahawks and Chiefs. Definately not going to the playoffs with the way they're playing...
Old September 27th, 2010, 02:15 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I think us Pats fans can finally admit that our defense sucks. It hasn't been great the past couple seasons, but at least we were all blinded by previous succes.

Now, with the most recent Super Bowl championship far enough back to forget (sort of, you never actually forget) and giving up 30 points to the happless Bills at home is simply atrocious.

The Pats are going to have a tough time this year once they go up against some of the big offenseive powers.

nyys, not knowing enough about football to make any predictions, but does see the writing on the wall.

-insert signature here-
Old September 27th, 2010, 06:33 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I think us Pats fans can finally admit that our defense sucks. It hasn't been great the past couple seasons, but at least we were all blinded by previous succes.

Now, with the most recent Super Bowl championship far enough back to forget (sort of, you never actually forget) and giving up 30 points to the happless Bills at home is simply atrocious.

The Pats are going to have a tough time this year once they go up against some of the big offenseive powers.

nyys, not knowing enough about football to make any predictions, but does see the writing on the wall.
Yep, the offense is going to have to carry the Pats this year if they want to accomplish anything and we saw just what can happen when they run into a good defense (see Jets game). The Pats are in the era now where as long as they have Brady/Belichek they will be competitive and win more than they lose, but until they upgrade their defense they won't be the type of championship contender that we got used to for that wonderful stretch (01-07)
I actually do think that the Pats have some good pieces on D, just not nearly enough of them.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 27th, 2010, 06:47 PM

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:

As was the Seattle game? Gotta say one thing, Chargers have simply awesome special teams.

After a good Sunday I'm surprised that nobody has said anything. My grandpa is really happy with the Chiefs. They win a game, and everyone else in the division lost.

Also, I'm finding it pretty funny all the hype that the 49ers had, and then they fall flat on their faces, pummeled by Seahawks and Chiefs. Definately not going to the playoffs with the way they're playing...
Yeah, the Chargers special teams is agonizing to watch. SanDiego is 3 - 0 if they just play mediocre. Offense needs to gel a bit more nad the defense is keeping them in games.

I still say Chiefs are a fluke and the Seahawks got off easy. This is how SanDiego starts their seasons though. Remember last year? I know Denver does!
Old September 27th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, the Chargers special teams is agonizing to watch. SanDiego is 3 - 0 if they just play mediocre. Offense needs to gel a bit more nad the defense is keeping them in games.

I still say Chiefs are a fluke and the Seahawks got off easy. This is how SanDiego starts their seasons though. Remember last year? I know Denver does!
Offense looks fine to me; it was more the rain that beat the Chargers in the Chiefs game than the Chiefs themselves (though they were pretty darn good on running and special teams). I'd say that the defense needs to step up and the special team coordinater needs to be fired.

~ABOM, READY FOR SOME MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!!

P.S. Great to have you back, J4J. I haven't seen you on the boards since March...
Old September 27th, 2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abom
Offense looks fine to me; it was more the rain that beat the Chargers in the Chiefs game than the Chiefs themselves (though they were pretty darn good on running and special teams). I'd say that the defense needs to step up and the special team coordinater needs to be fired.

~ABOM, READY FOR SOME MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!!
The universe is a cruel and unyielding place sometimes. I often wonder if God is just a mean kid with an ant farm and a magnifying glass but you've probably heard the cliche, "In time all things will pass". Yup they do.

Great to be back and I am reveling in normalcy once again.

The grass still grows, the wind still blows and the sky is still blue.

If you guess the movie you get a cookie!

*J4J runs to SD's website to see if they will have a chance to crush the pack this year...*

Nope, the pack are saved from a gauranteed loss.

Last edited by J4Jandar; September 27th, 2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old September 27th, 2010, 07:14 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

Yep, the offense is going to have to carry the Pats this year if they want to accomplish anything and we saw just what can happen when they run into a good defense (see Jets game). The Pats are in the era now where as long as they have Brady/Belichek they will be competitive and win more than they lose, but until they upgrade their defense they won't be the type of championship contender that we got used to for that wonderful stretch (01-07)
I actually do think that the Pats have some good pieces on D, just not nearly enough of them.
I think the lack of experience is really hurting them now. There's no veteran presence, or at least not and obvious one. Even the uneducated fan (like me) could see how guys like Bruschii, Vrable, and Harrison led by example, there's none of that now.

Also, 7 years of getting a 1st round pick in the 20-25 range doesn't help either.

nyys, rooting against the Raiders this year.

-insert signature here-
Old September 27th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
*J4J runs to SD's website to see if they will have a chance to crush the pack this year...*

I guess we'll have to kick the Charger's a$$ in the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Little Big Man?
Old September 27th, 2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I guess we'll have to kick the Charger's a$$ in the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Little Big Man?

You'll need to fight him for it...

'till they meet in the superbowl then!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV