Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:51 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Utgar font ready for dload 12/20

I thought it would be fun to embark on a unique Heroscape project.
I am not a professional font designer but I am going to give it my hobbyist effort to create some fonts inspired by HS characters.

If there is enough interest I will continue to upload whatever I come up with. If you have requests or ideas let me know.

EDIT: 10/07/10- I have added the Valkrill symbol to all the fonts.
Well, here is the finished product for the Utgar Font. I was going for an orcish, primal style and from the feedback I got this design fit the bill. I wanted to include an Utgar dingbat but the art I found that would have worked was done by someone who hasn't been around for a couple of years and I couldn't get in touch with him. Oh, well, the font will work just fine without it.

Enjoy and please be sure to let me know your thoughts and opinions on this and any other fonts here.

Thanks!

Utgar Font Download

After a whole lot of work I finally have a working font to offer. At this pint it is sans the numbers and puncuation in Ullar style but it does have them in the default style. It has the typical dingbats and such. After Christmas I will get back to it to add the numbers and punctuation. This was a hard font to do so I knew I wouldn't have time before Christmas.

I wanted to be able to offer something as a small token of a Christmas present to the community that I have benefitted so much from.

So, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Text samples:
Spoiler Alert!

You can download the zip folder with the Ullar Font file and installation instructions here.

I am not typically a fickle kind of person but after looking at the original Valkrill font I decided I didn't really like it as far as representing Valkrill. The font itself is OK, no "wow" factor to it or anything, it just didn't fit a general who seems to be characterized by chaos.

So, after some input from lefton4ya and Dad_Scaper I now present the Valkrill Font 2.0

This one captures the essence of Valkrill much better than the first one did...

and as always, the dingbats...

You can download the zip folder with the font file and installation instructions here.

Thanks for looking. Anyfeedback is greatly appreciated!

OK, here is the first of the fonts inspired by the genaerals of HS.
As always, it comes with all the assorted dingbats and such.

You can download the zip file containing the font and installation instructions here.

Online Exclusive Game Scenario Font
While I continue to deign the Marro font I thought I would go ahead and make this font available for general download. I created it some time ago for AliasQTip so he could use it with his Awesome Scenarios. Check them out!
Since bmaczero created a Scenario Template I thought this would compliment it well.

As I have already stated I am just a "hobbyist" when it comes to font creating. As such, my fonts lack something called "hinting" which helps their appearance at small sizes on a computer screen (I can't even go out and buy the software to do it; I have to submit an application for approval before I can buy it & ). Anyhow, it will print out just fine at smaller sizes, it just loses quality at smaller sizes when viewed on-screen.

This is just a basic font, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles my other fonts have.

Exclusive Scenario Font

Alright, I am done with what is probably my favorite font so far.
Thank you again to all of you who gave your input and helped me design this font.

It turned out just as I had imagined it (the first one to do so, I might add).

For the colored dingbats I simply changed the font color for that particular dingbat. Thanks to lefton4ya and turtleking for helping me with ideas for the Cyprien dingbat.

Anyhow, without further ado...
You can now download the Cyprien Font

After getting some great input from AliasQTip (thanks AQT, and all the others who gave input for this font) I made some drastic changes to several letters. So, without further delay, here is the font...

heroScape Logo Font

I wanted to wait until I had the numbers and punctuation done but it looks like I will have less spare time than I have had the past few weeks. I figured letters and dingbats only is better than no font at all.

As time allows I will work on the numbers and punctuation and will release version 2.0 when I am done with those. In the mean time, I hope what I have to offer so far will do.

BTW, the font looks best on the screen at point size 18 or greater. I don't have the expertise or software to "hint" the text for smaller sizes. However, it will print out just fine at smaller sizes.

Enjoy!

EDIT: If anyone wants it, here is the HS logo I used to make my sig with the HS Logo Font.

Here is my first attempt. It is a font inspired by Agent Carr. I was going for a futuristic government "stencil" type of font. Since this was my first try at designing a font I didn't do it from scratch. It is a modification of the font Question of Time, which is one of my favorite sci fi fonts.

UPDATE 08/31/10: Thanks goes out to b57123m who graciously allowed me to use his rendering of Agent Carr for the dingbat in the font. I also added many other dingbats that HSers might find useful (or at least kind of cool)...

This is the Grimnak Chomp font. Need I say where the inspiration came from?

UPDATE: 08/27/10: AliasQTip kindly allowed me to include his rendering of Grimnak as a dingbat in the font. You can find the original in his Coloring and Activity Book thread.

UPDATE 08/31/10: Apologies to those who have already downloaded this with the previous update- I have another update. Hopefully you will forgive me due to the large number of dingbats I have added

You can download the zip folder containing the True Type font file here.

Last edited by Lamaclown; December 20th, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:02 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape Inspired Fonts

Carr Font totally reminds me of Star Wars for some reason. Keep up the good work!

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sweet! how did you make/design it? Applications used but also did you start from scratch or base off something else?
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:47 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Cool stuff, LC!

Have you thought about making a Heroscape font (like in the logo)? Or has anyone else done it, that you know of?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:57 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Cool stuff, LC!

Have you thought about making a Heroscape font (like in the logo)? Or has anyone else done it, that you know of?
It is already in the works.
Yet again, great minds and all that...
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Sweet! how did you make/design it? Applications used but also did you start from scratch or base off something else?
Sorry, I forgot to answer your question.
I used paint.net (a free photoshop imitation program) to design (and in the case of Carr, to modify) the fonts. I then used a program called Font Creator (not so free) to create the font.

The Carr font is not from scratch. It is a modified font- Question of Time available at one of my favorite font download sites- dafont.com

Yes, I am a fontiphiliac.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:03 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem...

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:10 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Does admitting I have 1700+ fonts installed on my computer make me eligible for said recovery program?
Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Does admitting I have 1700+ fonts installed on my computer make me eligible for said recovery program?
Welcome to the club, bro!

Here is what I have done so far on the HS Logo font. It is still a rough draft so there are some changes to be made in addition to all of the caps and the numbers and punctuations (fonts without numbers and punctuations annoy me).
Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:48 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Do you have a Cyprien font yet?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome to the club, bro!

Here is what I have done so far on the HS Logo font. It is still a rough draft so there are some changes to be made in addition to all of the caps and the numbers and punctuations (fonts without numbers and punctuations annoy me).
Sometimes I think you snuck back into line when they were handing out creativity.

Looking awesome! Can't wait until you have it finished!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Do you have a Cyprien font yet?
Good idea! That will be first on my list after I am done with the HS Logo font. Thanks!

Quote:
Sometimes I think you snuck back into line when they were handing out creativity.

Looking awesome! Can't wait until you have it finished!
LOL! Thanks for the encouragment!

Until later here is another teaser of what is yet to come...

Last edited by Lamaclown; August 24th, 2010 at 07:42 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction