Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 6th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
AS Supers - Shang-Chi, Daredevil, Havok, Dr. Strange

2/9/08 Added Shang-Chi, Daredevil, Havok & Dr. Strange. Revised Taskmaster.

Here's some blanks

Super Strength Symbol

Flying Symbol

Marvel Logo

SUPER CUSTOMS...

A
Adam Warlock
Angel
Avalanche

B
Banshee
Beast
Beetle
Beta Ray Bill
Bishop
Black Cat
Blade
Blink
Blob
Bulldozer
Captain Britain
Cloak
Colossus
Cyclops X-Factor
Cyclops

D
Dagger
Daredevil
Doc Sampson
Doctor Strange
Drax

E
Elektra

G
Gambit
Ghost Rider (Daniel Ketch)
Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)
Green Goblin

H
Havok
Hulk Green Scar

I
Iceman
Iron Fist

J
Jack O Lantern
Jack of Hearts
Jean Grey X-Factor
Jean Grey
Juggernaut

K
Karnak
Kid Nova
Killer Shrike
Kingpin

L
Lady Deathstrike

M
Magneto
Moondragon
Mystique

N
Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler
Nova

O

P
Piledriver
Professor X
Professor X
Professor X
Psylocke
Psylocke

R
Rhino
Rogue

S
Sabretooth
Sauron
Shang Chi
She-Hulk
Spider-man
Storm
Storm
Sub-Mariner

T
Taskmaster
Thor
Thor
Thunderball
Toad

V
Vision

W
Wasp
Wolverine
Wonder Man
Wrecker

X

Y

Z

SQUADS

Doombots
Hand Ninjas

ITEMS OF POWER

Old June 6th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Man, we need a tutorial for these... and some blanks. I want blanks. I want Carnage, and Toxin! And a buhbuh. BUHBUH NOW!

Cool custom, though we may need Thor first.
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Cool custom, though we may need Thor first.
That's what I said
Old June 7th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I second the call for blanks!
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Is the font used on the Marvel cards the same as the normal HeroScape cards (Helvetica Neue)?
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Oh wow.
Nice GR customs!
I've got the figure for the Ketch version, but comic heart belongs to Blaze.
I will definitely try both!
Thanks All Skulls!
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I second the call for blanks!
I only did Iron Man's card (it's not a really clean job). Don't plan to do the others until we get some scans of the actual cards. One good scan should work if we do some color adjustments we get multiple cards. I'll post the temporary blank in a minute. EDIT: See first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
Is the font used on the Marvel cards the same as the normal HeroScape cards (Helvetica Neue)?
Not sure. I use Arial Narrow for all my customs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_E_H
Oh wow.
Nice GR customs!
I've got the figure for the Ketch version, but comic heart belongs to Blaze.
I will definitely try both!
Thanks All Skulls!
Glad you like them. Let me know how they play (I'm lacking both figs).
Old June 7th, 2007, 09:00 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice blank! I'll probably be putting that to use. Thanks.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 12th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Grindmaster

My latest is Mole Man and his creatures. I need a figure to represent the Subterranean Monster (and perhaps a different name). I am open to suggestions.

Mole Man

Moloids of Subterranea

Subterranean Monster

Edit: Just noticed my wording on Giant Dwarf is wrong. Mole Man is supposed to get hieght advantage over anyone that the Monster's hieght is over. Need to word this better
Old June 12th, 2007, 03:51 AM

yipes! you've been busier with Marvel than I have with DC! Some great work here ... I'll try to comment on as many as I can, though I'll probably stick to the characters I know, since my comments will probably be mostly flavor related.
I'll start at the back end of the alphabet:
1. Vision
I love the density settings idea. I think this would be a pretty interesting figure to play (though maybe not that competitive since most of his special powers seem to be more limitations than advantages).
Density Manipulation: The wording is a little off here - I think it's the last sentence, you should change "applies" to "apply" for agreement sake.
Low Density: so he's basically hard to hurt here, but can't get around very well or really hurt anyone without bonuses since his base attack will be down to three. I suppose if you have Captain America adjacent, and enemy at a lower height adjacent, and Finn on your card, this setting will be pretty useful. I don't see keeping my density marker there much beyond that.
Normal Density: It probably goes without saying, but you might want to specify that during "normal density" he uses his base attack, move, range, and defense values. Not sure what the best wording would be on that, though, and it might be a tight squeeze at this point.
High Density: Both low and high density reduce his move? I'm going to have to read some science books to figure out how density works. Seems like if one reduces his move, the other would add to it? But what do I know, I'm an English Instructor. High Density seems like the best choice when you're engaged - unless it's with someone that has counterstrike.
Solar Beam Special Attack: Glad you included this. Seems to fit his character pretty well. I'm just curious - why the no using it when he's under an overhang stipulation?
Left Box: Android, Unique Hero, Logical (precise would've worked also, but Logical makes him more unique), and Medium 5 all seem like the right choices. I'm not sure on "Adventurer" though. I'm not sure it's the better choice is, but Vision always struck me as more of a Soldier than an adventurer.
Stat Box: If you're going to keep him at 260 points (which I think is a little high since his density specials benefit him as much as they hurt him in some cases and his ranged special attack isn't that deadly and he otherwise is only a melee fig) then I'd consider bumping the base attack and defense to 4 so he's up to a Captain America esq. 6/6 at the High Density setting. Even then, no way I'd take this guy over Cap at 20 points more, even if his special attack his 2 more range, it has 1 less attack and affects two fewer enemies per turn. I realize flying is also helpful, but I think Tactics offsets it for the points. Add in Cap's bonding, and, yeah, I'd consider zapping Vision down to 240 points even WITH the boost to 4/4 attack/defense.
Overall a very nice card.

2. Thor:
Nice looking card. Let's take a look at the specifics.
Spinning Hammer Shield: Basically a ranged version of Shields of Valor. Makes a lot of sense and easy to visualize with the name. I like that he has a Hammer related power as well.
Unfettered Move: I had to read this one a few times to get it, but I think I do now ... correct me if I'm wrong, but, basically, if Thor attacks without first moving, you add 1 to his attack for every order marker you haven't yet turned over. The whole move/turn thing was tripping me up, but I think I've got it now.
Flying: Aw, come on. You've got room to write it out here, lots of room indeed. Go ahead and put the whole thing on, even if we don't really need it.
Of course, you might want to save that room for something else. Specifically a Hammer/Lightning related special attack. I'm really disappointed to see Thor without a special attack of this nature. I understand you made him ranged with a high attack value, but it seems like when your attack involves a mystical hammer ... well, it's special. And I'd love to see that reflected on the card.
Left box: Every choice is just right. No complaints.
Stat Box: 6 Life seems pretty low for a "God". I realize Thanos has 6 as well, but he also has 7 defense and a power that allows him to resurrect with the proper roll, so his stature is better reflected. I wouldn't mind seeing Thor bumped up to 7/8 life. I think his defense would be fine under those circumstances, but right now his got Charos defense and he's giving up 3 life to Charos (I realize the ranged attack makes a big difference, but, still, he's a God and he's listed at 300 points, you can afford to give him a couple more life). Also I find it a tad disturbing that his attack value is the same as Captain America and his Defense is lower. I could deal with the defense given his spinning hammer shield if his life bumped up. But it seems like a God deserves a higher attack. You could do that without making him too much of a Juggernaut by giving him a range of 1 and a ranged special attack. Just some thoughts - but I see Thor with 8 Life and 7 attack with range of 1 and maybe a Hammer Throw special attack with range 6 attack 5. I think he would still be in the 300-320 range after those tweaks. Especially because it would lower his ranged threat - with unfettered move on the first turn of the round with two more order markers on him, Captain America at his back, and height advantage, Thor would have a range 6 attack 10 normal attack. Throw Finn on him and things get a little crazy. I just don't think of Thor as that kind of range threat. He seems like more of a brawler who's got the ability to throw his hammer or zap you with lightning if it seems like the best thing to do. But he'd much rather beat you up face to face.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 12th, 2007, 04:17 AM

Not to spam you, but I'm feeling like an insomniac, so here are a few more critiques.
3) Toad
My familiarity with this guy does not go beyond the X-Men movies, so I'll try to stick mostly with gameplay comments.
Visually, nice card as always, though I think you might've faded his legs a little bit much. The skyscrapers are peeking through his midsection rather severely. A good technique for Invisible Woman, but not for Toad.
Leap 4: Seems like a good choice of power for him, as I remember from the movie, the guy was quite the hopper. Not sure what you mean when you say "ignore the hieght rules" (you mispelled "height" btw). Do you mean height advantage? How far a character can go based on their height? It seems like saying that he should treat 4 levels of elevation as 1 should be sufficient. Why doesn't he take leaving engagement attacks? It's not stealth leap (that one's already taken :P ).
Tongue Lash: Another good power choice. I like that it works to pull the figure toward Toad, but the "Lash" part of it suggests that maybe the figure would have a chance of being damaged on the way there? Might be something to consider adding in. Also, you might want to reword that last bit, "Disengagement attacks do not apply to this move" to something a little more official sounding, like "the chosen figure does not take any leaving engagement attacks," which is just very slightly different than the language they used for Jotun's throw.
Hit and Run: I would consider changing the wording here a bit as well. Maybe, "If Toad wounds an opposing figure with a normal attack, he may move up to 3 spaces away." This seems a more likely place for putting that Toad does not take any leaving engagement attacks. As it is, you should specify whether he does or not, since his other disengagement ability only applies when he's leaping.
Overall a good selection of powers.
Left Box: Liking everything I see there. Tricky seems to fit.
Stat Box: His stats look a little low for 80 points. Compare to MBS, who gets 3 life, 8 move, 1 range, 3 attack, and 3 defense, all for 50 points. He also gets a chance at nullifying his opponent's defenses. Toad's Leap probably makes him as mobile as MBS and the Tongue Lash helps increase his threat radius (though it's dependent on rolling a 14 or higher, and even then MBS has a larger threat radius at 8 move + 6 range). Also, MBS can stay safe from some melee figures by staying out of their range, whereas, Toad has to engage in order to get off an attack, meaning he's going to be facing down some of the meaner attack values in the game head on. Sure hit and run gives him a shot at survival, but 3 spaces isn't buying him much time - it just means the melee figs have to move before they hit him. Even with one more defense than MBS his lower defense and inability to attack at range or nullify defense means he's going to kill a lot fewer enemies before he goes down and that he's going to go down just about as fast as MBS. As he is, I'd price him about the same as MBS, at a cool 50 points. But you might consider making tongue lash an automatic deal for pulling the enemy close, adding in a D20 roll for damages, upping his attack value to 4, and his life to 4. Then he'd be worth his 80 points IMO.

Old June 12th, 2007, 04:37 AM

4) Scorpion.
Another nice looking card. That hit zone is really fun looking with his tail and all. Is his tail really a hit zone though? I thought it was mechanical, not biological. I'm more of a DC guy, though, so I could be wrong.

Scorpion Sting Special Attack: This one makes a lot of sense to me. This guy's a brawler, but he's got that tail ready to spit venom from afar. Range 6 seems about right. Seven would be a bit high for this particular power, and 4 would be too limited. For the wording, you can shorten the phrase "If Scorpion is engaged with an opposing figure" to "If Scorpion is engaged". It's only considered an engagement if the figure is an opposing one. You could also shorten the next part of that to say "he may still target non adjacent figures with ..." Overall, like the power. Being able to punch a one guy in his face and then either sting him or someone six spaces away gives this guy some bite.

Tail Swing Special Attack: Two special attacks? I guess I can deal with it. Scorpion is a pretty simple thug by nature, after all. I wonder, should you put "special" under range instead of "1" since he targeets all adjacent figures? Not sure what the precedent is on this one. Interesting that this one affects friendly and opposing figures both. You'd have to be careful when you used it, but it's good if he's stuck in a brawl. I have a similar power (roundhouse, I think I called it?) that I used in my DC Wildcat custom to reflect his nature as a brawler. I could see you going a different route here as well, though, and maybe giving him some sort of toxic residue power that those wounded by his Scorpion Sting Special Attack have to roll for the possibility of extra damage.

Climbing 4: The logic here is that his tail helps him climb? Helps him catch all the fliers a little bit more easily, so I can see it coming in handy when he faces off with Spidey.

Left Box: I like what you've got going on there. It's "reckless" though, not "wreckless".

Stat Box: His stats are nearly identical to Spidey's, thus rationalizing the identical price point. He's significantly less mobile than Spidey (not just the 6 move to 5, but also the Swing Line to Climbing) and his defense isn't nearly as good when you factor in Spidey-Sense, but Web Special Attack has nothing on Scorpion's two special attacks. I could make a case for lowering his cost to 150, but I think 160 makes just as much sense, so no real reason to tweak it.

5) Rhino
Always thought this guy was fun.

Full Speed: A straight line seems like an odd stipulation, but I guess that Mimring does offer somewhat of a precendent with his fireline attack. One thing you might consider, should all the spaces be of the same elevation? Or at least not up in elevation? Seems like you wouldn't be running as fast if it were up hill. You also left in an extra dot at the end of this power's description.

Charging Rhino: The wording is a bit confusing on this. You might consider this change - "Any turn in which Rhino was able to use the Full Speed special ability, he may roll an additional attack die for every 2 spaces he moved." That way you don't have to worry about spelling out the whole straight line business again and the powers synergize nicely.
If he starts off a full 8 spaces away from someone, he's going to have a pretty nice 9 attack, but there won't be a lot of instances in which he's really going to move that many spaces in a straight line. I can't see this power kicking in all that much, especially not the full version of it, though the first one should at the start of the game when the distance between him and the opponent is fairly great.

Left Box: Same comment as Scorpions. Looks good, but reckless, not wreckless.

Stat Box: 7 life, 5 move, 1 range, 5 attack, and 4 defense all seem to reflect this guy's toughness well. 175 puts him in the same range as Spidey and works well. I could see this guy beating Spidey up, but Spidey would likely be able to outthink him and use Spidey Sense to win the battle. I'd put my money on a good player with Spidey against a good player with Rhino in this match, but Rhino still feels fairly priced.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations