Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old October 13th, 2010, 10:52 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker
Re: Skyknights Dungeon Crawl... CHAPTER 1 added!!

Will they be able to call in any reinforcements? Because second wind sucks for squad heavy armies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
You started this thread 6 days ago, and you already have Grungebob and TheGuru commenting.
[/Jealousy]
And me........just saying

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:29 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

As for reinforcements....well the story is loose. I am playing with my nine year olds so I want them to remain interested. I will be adding to the story continuosly. I did say Petronius sent scouts and bands of adventurers ahead of the party which will allow for possible reinforcements. Well that and I have some other story twists too I want to move on. Thanks for the comments guys...I will set the next board this weekend and take some pics, like I said, we will follow Denrick a bit more before we switch to another army.
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:35 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Wow that was a steamroller!
I've taught them too well...they also have the two against one option which is tough to beat as you get double blasted. Worst is though they figured out that the zombies could not convert the Templar so my daughter shielded the knights using her calvary. She effectively blocked the zombies from really getting any decent hits on the knights. That is why she had such high casualties....also her templar would charge and then smite, she was getting 6-8 dice per attack...even the hounds with 5 defense got skewered. We had fun though and they want the next chapter so things are good. I want them to do well but next time I am aiming for some hero deaths if I can get em
Old October 14th, 2010, 09:58 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I've been doing something similar with my kids. I built a massive dungeon with five interconnected rooms, plus a sixth that you have to teleport to after powering up the portal. After I dismantled some of the rooms, I realized that I should have posted some pictures. I will post some pictures of the final room, I'm kind of proud of it

I've been playing with my three oldest kids, aged 12, 10, and 7. I play the DM role and take two turns per round. This seems like a pretty good ratio. It's challenging, but allows them to win most of the time. They brought Kelda and Rhogar along, and I've sprinkled in some "Revive" glyphs. It's been fun!

Last edited by Porkins; October 14th, 2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old October 14th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Quote:
Wow that was a steamroller!
I've taught them too well...they also have the two against one option which is tough to beat as you get double blasted. Worst is though they figured out that the zombies could not convert the Templar so my daughter shielded the knights using her calvary. She effectively blocked the zombies from really getting any decent hits on the knights. That is why she had such high casualties....also her templar would charge and then smite, she was getting 6-8 dice per attack...even the hounds with 5 defense got skewered. We had fun though and they want the next chapter so things are good. I want them to do well but next time I am aiming for some hero deaths if I can get em
There is nothing like losing to your kids. It's always a win in disguise . You have indeed taught them well--they were smart to use the Cavalry so effectively.

And if they are still excited, you have definitely won the day. (Even with all those fleshy armored things still pushing forward into your perfectly squalid underground home...)
Old October 14th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

I look forward to following this!

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:08 PM
assistant leader

Chapter II Bound Souls

Quote:
Denrick leads his men into the dark of the crypt with torches held high. As he descends the stairs the black and white checkered floors of the tomb show through the lairs of dust. Great columns soar to the roof with gargoyle statues perched high on top. A large statue of yet another gargoyle lies in the middle of the room staring menacingly at the intruders.

Behind Denrick the cavalry leads their horses onto the broad stairs. Though not an ideal situation for the riders it is a better solution than leaving their mounts to whatever horrors may yet still arise from above. Once the horses clear the entryway the wide crypt opens up significantly and allows the riders to remount their beloved steeds.

The host of knights fills the stairs with their leaders to the front. The combined light illuminates yet more of the crypt and Denrick is able to see a large fountain with a hideous red eyed statue in the middle. Green stagnant water resides in the pool...beyond the pool lies a barred door with a black obsidian tile directly in front of it. The tile pulses with a slight red light from underneath. Down the sides of the room are recessions which can only be the tombs of some great family. From these alcoves comes a low wailing that stands the hair on the knight's necks on end.

The central pool begins to glow faintly, its waters not stirring, yet figues begin to rise from its depth. They glow a sickly green color and their faces are twisted in torment. Ghostly Sheilds and swords still remain in their cold dead hands. The heroes look on with disgust as a horrifying fact makes itself painfully clear. Many of the ghosts who have arisen are their comrades from above. Not all of those who died above are here, but those who are wail about being bound to the statue in the middle "TTHHHEEEE SSSTAATTUUUEEEE HHHOOOLLDDDSSSSS USSSSSSS........ SSSAVVVVEEEEE UUUUSSSSS BBBROOOTTTTTHHHERRRSSSS" they moan. Rhogar yells "what devilry is this that causes such abonimations!!! Fear not brothers for we shall send your souls to their proper rest!!!" With the DragonBorn's outburst the side tombs also begin to faintly glow and the host of spirtits begin to drift towards the knights of the Sacred Flame. The bound spirits of the Sacred Flames Knights begin to approach...their twisted faces full of hatred in direct contrast to their plees for mercy...they are being driven. From behind the door comes a loud roar of something much more massive than what attacks the party now. Denrick moves alongside Sir Gilbert...."hoist the standard brother....for we go to free these souls from whatever curse they have fallen under!" With weapons brandished the host of holy knights move forward.....

The heroes have remaining 20 knights, 8 Templar, Ana, Rhogar, Hawthorne, Gilbert, Sir Dupuis, and Denrick.

The knights are about to take on three squads of shades, four squads of banshees and an undead dragon who the players will have to discover. The door is activated by the glowing obsidian tile...once someone steps foot on it the undead dragon will be revealed. The pool in the middle harnesses souls....if a living figure dies in the crypt the player rolls a 20 sided die. A 15 or above allows a new phantom knight to arise from the pool. For all intensive purpose the undead dragon will have the same stats as Mimring...just look cool for the quest. the only change will be is that he is undead and can be affected as such.

Should be playing this today...ought to be fun.

Last edited by skyknight; October 17th, 2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Skyknights Dungeon Crawl... Chapter II Bound Souls 10-

Awesome job once again, Skyknight!

I especially love the glowing obsidian pool that has a chance to spawn more undead knights. Too cool, man, too cool!

Enjoy the matchup, and I cannot wait for to hear the results.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 17th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm speechless!! Very cool.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 17th, 2010, 05:51 PM
assistant leader

Quote:
The knights move into the crypt with revenge on their minds. As they approach, two quick flashes catch their attention...before they can react shades attempt to take Denrick and Rhogar. Both feel the undead tugging at their minds and attempting to gain control....yet both maintain their sanity and smite the shades accordingly. The cavalry begin to surround their heroes in order to prevent the shades from attacking the leaders again. For some reason the ghouls seem most unconcerned with any but the highest of the Sacred Flames ranks. Onward the host proceeds cleansing the crypt and sending all that dare oppose them into a final rest.

On the drive to the fountain two knights and two horsemen fall before the onslaught of phantoms and shades. Still though Rhogar leads the charge forward to the pool, his cavalry close behind. The phantoms have taken the high ground around the pool in order to prevent the knights from reaching their precious statue...A horsemen charges one of the ghosts and blows his ethereal body apart. Two more phantoms descend on the brave knight; green weapons cut through his armor and find his heart. The Cavalryman falls dead to the cold floor....suddenly the statues eyes blaze with a bright red fire and the soul of the fallen knight rises out of the pool. Instantly he launches into the fray in order to protect the magical device that has bound his soul to the cursed waters. Enraged by this, Rhogar leaps to the fountains edge and blows fire across the shades. One burns away, while the others eye Rhogar greedily....again and again they try to take his mind, sometimes coming so close that Rhogar can almost feel the loss of control over his own thoughts and soils his own armor.

The undead throw themselves forward in one final desperate attempt but it is to no avail. Rhogar and the host are too powerful for the lost souls....all are laid to rest. Bolstered by their fortunes a mounted knight rides towards the door at the back of the crypt. The horse's hoof strikes the onyx tile in the floor. The door creaks open revealing a pitch black room. The Cavalryman turns his head around and yells to Rhogar..."Sir, the door has opened...it is too dark to......" The words are lost as green fire erupts from the room, it catches the knight full force and withers his body away as the flesh bubbles away from the bone.....specks of the green fire highlight the door and reveal a monstrous undead dragon within. It hisses its hatred towards the holy knights.

Once again the statues eyes blaze to life and the defeated knight rises in the pool. This time though the knights were ready...the soul rises in the middle of the knights only to be struck back down immediately. A lone horseman has found his way to the door of the next room. While the dragon is distracted by the happenings in the fountain he charges full force into the room. His lance strikes true and drives through the abominations’ neck. The dragon screams in rage and jumps onto the soldier. It tears its giant claws through his armor and horse and begins shredding the man to pieces. So distracted is it by the bloodlust that it does not see yet another cavalryman round the corner....with a clear shot at the head, the knight drives his lance forward. The dragon lifts its head at the last moment and catches the lance directly between the eyes.....the beast goes limp almost immediately never to rise again.

After the battle the knights scour the tomb...one brings forward a strange potion to Sir Denrick and presents it as a war trophy. The dragon's room reveals yet another set of stairs descending further into the depths. The Cavalry stand around the entrance wondering if they can possibly fit their steeds down the narrowing entrance....
Results, enemy vanquished.

4 Cavalry lost- four remain
2 knights lost-18 remain
All heroes alive
Rhogar- Talisman +1 defense
Denrick- single use elixer of +4 speed
Old October 17th, 2010, 05:53 PM
assistant leader

Going to switch arnies this week....not sure who I am going to but it is time to follow one of our other band of heroes. We will retire Denrick and the boys for a bit but we will return to their descent into the realms of the undead. I think they may find one more crypt room and then I will allow them to find the tunnels below. Very excited about the caves and such....I have some huge ideas for this.
Old October 17th, 2010, 06:27 PM
assistant leader

Quote:
I'm speechless!! Very cool.

Thanks Jerry and Rym....appreciate you checkign it out. Been having fun with this so far...as soon as Wave three gets here I have some great new ideas

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios