Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 15th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 460 Point Competitive Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
At 460, one pretty strong army is:

5x KOW
Gilbert

Another 2 obvious ones are:

5x 4th Mass
AE

5x Romans
AE
Marcus
Pretty shore this is the second or third time you've made the 5x Knights suggestion in this thread, DA. Probably the others as well.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old October 15th, 2010, 10:32 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

It's possible, it remains a good army Yeah I do not read all 5 pages to see if I posted something weeks ago
Old October 15th, 2010, 11:20 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, you posted three armies each time, and Gilbert/Knights and 4th/AE were two of them each time. At least you're consistent.
Old October 24th, 2017, 07:15 PM

Spazzfist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I am entering my first tournament in a couple of weeks, and this is one army that I am seriously considering:

1 x Hatamoto Taro - 130
1 x (ROTV) Raelin - 210
2 x Samurai Archer - 340
1 x Tagawa Samurai - 460

With all of the defensive bonuses provided to the samurai by Hatamoto and Raelin, I figure the Counterstrike alone could be potentially devastating!
Old October 24th, 2017, 09:38 PM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzfist View Post
I am entering my first tournament in a couple of weeks, and this is one army that I am seriously considering:

1 x Hatamoto Taro - 130
1 x (ROTV) Raelin - 210
2 x Samurai Archer - 340
1 x Tagawa Samurai - 460

With all of the defensive bonuses provided to the samurai by Hatamoto and Raelin, I figure the Counterstrike alone could be potentially devastating!
At first glance it may seem powerful, but what if your opponent is fielding a special attacker, or range (or both)? Counterstrike is completely nullified then.

By the way, did you try playing this army last Saturday?
Old October 25th, 2017, 10:11 AM

Spazzfist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by raXas1516 View Post
At first glance it may seem powerful, but what if your opponent is fielding a special attacker, or range (or both)? Counterstrike is completely nullified then.

By the way, did you try playing this army last Saturday?

I did not try this list out - it was something that I came up with after. I am meeting with a local friend tonight to play and will try it out, but yeah, now that you mention the weakness of the list, I will probably go with something else. Probably something with a higher level of monsterosity, that way, even if I lose I win for having such cool models!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion