Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 12th, 2010, 05:18 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Iron Golem- What's your army idea?

Well, with the new preview of D2, the Iron Golem has arrived. So heres a thread to come up with those classic, 500 point armies.

Mine-

What's the Irony in this?
Iron Golem x2-200
Granite Guards x2-400
Earth Elemnetal x2-470
Eldgrim-500
500 points, 13 spaces
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:44 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Iron Golem- What's your army idea?

I gotta be honest, I don't see the logic in that army.

Here's what I came up with in the other thread:

225 10th Regiment x3
80 Raelin
80 Deathreavers x2
10 Isamu
100 Iron Golem
495, 24 hexes

I could also see playing him alongside Braxas:

120 Deathreavers x3
50 Marro Warriors
100 Iron Golem
210 Braxas
480, 20 hexes
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:53 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Yes, but it is a fun Golemish themed army. It isn't even that bad, I think all the figures included are decent and have a good chance at winning against most armies, if played correctly. For example, Get the Iron Golems and earth elementals out first to deal some damage, or rush Eldgrim out first and put him on the Golem's card (if possible). The Golem and Elementals take out heroes and anyone with high attack, and the Guards are there for clean up. Eldgrim could also help with the main assault or cleanup, wherever he is needed.
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:05 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Yes, but it is a fun Golemish themed army. It isn't even that bad, I think all the figures included are decent and have a good chance at winning against most armies, if played correctly. For example, Get the Iron Golems and earth elementals out first to deal some damage, or rush Eldgrim out first and put him on the Golem's card (if possible). The Golem and Elementals take out heroes and anyone with high attack, and the Guards are there for clean up. Eldgrim could also help with the main assault or cleanup, wherever he is needed.
Eldgrim will probably be the fastest character in this setup. If you could replace a squad or an Earth Elemental to field a better ranged unit or a speed unit like Warriors of Ashra...

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:07 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Just Monkeying Around
Nakitas
Gnators x2
Iron Golem
KMA
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:11 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Seems like a great cleanup figure to me.

KoW x3
Finn
Thorgrimm
Eldgrim
Iron Golem

Simply put all the spirits on the Golem and cleanup with him after the knights die.
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:15 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Stuff that can't kill Q9 - 400
Iron Golem - 500

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:19 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Iron Golem - 500
That was both of my armies, silly. However, it really needs to be "stuff that can't kill Q9 but can dispose of squads".
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Iron Golem - 500
I pretty much plan to draft both Q9 and the Golem since technically I'm the only one with Q9 in my mini group

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Tough Enough

Mogrimm 120
G'nators x 2 300
Iron Golem x 2 500

All tough baby. Has none of the standard tournament staples (Raelin, Q9, rats, etc.) but it would definitely be fun to play.

Monkeys and golems. Can't beat it.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:34 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Q9 180
Iron Golem x2 380
Kaemon 500

Looks like fun.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:29 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

In a strictly casual environment, I can see myself with the simple

IRON GOLEMx3-300
ISKRA ESENWEIN-350
RECHETS OF BOGDAN-400
ISAMU-410
RED SKULL-600

We usually play 600 point games and I always like to try Red Skull armies. I also like to make armies that look intimidating.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion