Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old March 22nd, 2018, 12:07 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Question Death Knights + Air Elementals?

Hey strategy guys! Has anyone tried Death Knights and Air Elementals enough to say if it’s particularly strong against melee? The air screen tactic is something I’ve read a little bit about, but since I don’t have DK’s I haven’t attempted it myself. I ask because I intend to begin playtesting Boreos (C3V), which is basically a stronger Air Elemental and don’t have enough experience to compare it to anything other than my gut.

I don’t expect the DK+Air combo to be good against range, but if the internet has any experience in that department, feel free to share.

Thanks!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 08:42 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Death Knights + Air Elementals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Hey strategy guys! Has anyone tried Death Knights and Air Elementals enough to say if it’s particularly strong against melee? The air screen tactic is something I’ve read a little bit about, but since I don’t have DK’s I haven’t attempted it myself. I ask because I intend to begin playtesting Boreos (C3V), which is basically a stronger Air Elemental and don’t have enough experience to compare it to anything other than my gut.

I don’t expect the DK+Air combo to be good against range, but if the internet has any experience in that department, feel free to share.

Thanks!
I have just finished a bout of Boroes tests with the DK and Airs against a bunch of melee builds. The army is okay, but nothing to write home about.

The Problem is most common melee squads are 4 + 1, so the numbers are way against the DK-Air army. Additionally you either have figures with pretty solid stats (Knights/Heavies) or can win with sheer numbers due to low cost (Greeks/Romans). It doesn't help that Orc's come with Large bonding options, and most Warlords or Human champions have solid Life/Defense, so they can weather a few first strikes.

I imagine Kyrie would suffer here.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 29th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Funnily enough, I think the strongest Deathknight build base is:
3x DK
Mittens

Call me crazy, but Mittens with 7 move, 4 attack, 3 defense, and 6 life is very efficient for his stats. I messed around with this build for a while, but I just couldn't get it good enough. The problem is that this army is already at 300, and you better have an answer for Hounds/Chompy/TKN/Braxas.

Eltahale is a good choice, bringing it to 440. It still has problems even with that as the range MU is still tough. If you run KMA instead, you'll have trouble with the Large MUs. It's a lose-lose.

I actually think AE's are pretty weak with DK's, seeing as they don't help at all in the problematic MU's (minus Braxas). Mittens at least has a bit of a punch.
Old March 30th, 2018, 09:28 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Funnily enough, I think the strongest Deathknight build base is:
3x DK
Mittens

Call me crazy, but Mittens with 7 move, 4 attack, 3 defense, and 6 life is very efficient for his stats. I messed around with this build for a while, but I just couldn't get it good enough. The problem is that this army is already at 300, and you better have an answer for Hounds/Chompy/TKN/Braxas.

Eltahale is a good choice, bringing it to 440. It still has problems even with that as the range MU is still tough. If you run KMA instead, you'll have trouble with the Large MUs. It's a lose-lose.

I actually think AE's are pretty weak with DK's, seeing as they don't help at all in the problematic MU's (minus Braxas). Mittens at least has a bit of a punch.
Mittens is a different option.

I guess one could run Incendiborgs. Not bonded, but they should give braxas troubles (large, ranged, and she has to get 3 “dud-kills”). If you have points left over, there’s bonded filler in the 25/30 options.

Venoc Spam is another option I guess.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion