Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Captain America is Better?
Hasbro Captain America 23 38.33%
C3G Captain America 37 61.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 24th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate #66 -- Captain Americans!

I ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the quality of the Unit Debates and avoid confusion.

This Unit Debate was selected by tcglkn.

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl
Old July 24th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Unit Debate #66 -- Captain Americans!

The C3G's use of the AA power, as well as the auto shield, make him a deadly enemy, especially with the rest of the Avengers. The only drawback is you have to reveal an OM on Cap before the bonus takes affect, so you can't simply sit him back and enhance your army. The Hasbro has a small edge against strait up melee due to his Counter Strike, but I think C3G is still the hands down winner
Old July 24th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

These is a big difference between the Captains here: The Hasbro one works better with Squads (not that the occasional ranged Hero can't use the boost) and the C3G Captain America is better with Heroes. Being the C3G player that I am C3G Cap gets a TON of testing time with me but Hasbro Cap has been good with me as well.
Old July 24th, 2012, 10:20 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

C3G Cap is superior. Although HasCap has nasty Counterstrike and Tactician for everyone, C3G cap has Tactician for your 5 most valuable units within clear sight, a much further stretch. He takes ages to kill with Vibranium Alloy Shield as well.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 24th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hasbro Cap is a great choice in any army at 220 points, but if I really want to geek out on Avenger armies (which if I'm going to play Cap, that's likely), make mine C3G! Also, like Tickle said, C3G Cap definitely favors hero-heavy builds over squad-heavy builds, which suits my play style.

Also, I LD'd C3G Cap, so I'm unavoidably biased, despite Hasbro Cap being my favorite unit of the Hasbro Marvel Masterset. .

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 24th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I should mention that I still get plenty of use out of official Cap. I used him with C3G Shield Snipers, Spotters, Martian Manhunter and Alfred to great success. I used him in a relatively recent design to set up a pod on a wall with Winter Soldier and Invisible Woman on either side of him. Hasbro Cap is great, definitely worth his 220 points. Having to place an OM on C3G Cap every round hampers his effectiveness and generally leads to him dying sooner. They are both great but they have completely different uses IMO, which is a huge win for the players.
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Hasbro Cap is my favorite unit from that set, and yet I believe the C3G Cap is even better than him.

I'd much rather have the 1 auto shield over counterstrike. It just seems as though I rarely get more shields then skulls from adjacent attacks, especially when playing vs. other superheros with high attack rolls. However, I whiff on defense way too often and so that auto shield is key for staying alive.

Then having the +1/+1 boost extend far beyond adjacency is awesome. You can have your front line bruiser/roadblock tearing it up in close combat while a sniper type figure sits back on high ground and he also gets the boost. Keeping OM1 on Cap does keep it in check a bit and can lead to Caps early demise, but that fits thematically so much better. Cap should be leading his troops into battle and jumping right into the fight. The Hasbro Cap is best used sitting back in one spot surrounded by ranged units waiting for the enemy to come to him.
Old August 8th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Hasbro Cap is great. He is a simple figure and super fun to play. C3G Cap is great too. He is also fun to play and making Avengers is awesome. I play both regularly!

My vote goes to C3G again though, Avengers Assemble is fun and makes alll-heroes work well.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:39 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Original works better for me although C3G is a great way to make the Avengers geek out nicely.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 23rd, 2012 at 06:40 AM. Reason: I also prefer my coke to be classic.
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:21 PM

MalignantT is surprisingly tart

Looking at the abilities, the Avengers Assemble ability almost ensures that order marker 1 gets put on Cap. With that bonus, that +1 bonus to both attack and defense, I think that outdoes the tactician bonus, allowing better board control as the heroes spread out (and flying or other high mobility figures to get an extra bonus with height). Cap can even stay as a rear guard (or further back from the main action) while order-markers 2 and 3 flit about.

Plus, by giving Cap effectively a "tough" ability, while his maximum shields are still the same, his average shielding ability is 2.66 (5/3 +1), while Hasbro's Cap has an average defense of 2. (Maybe with a defense of 4 it would, w/o counterstrike.)

I think the C3G-Cap is undercosted by at least 20 (maybe 40) points for what those abilities do. Tactician can be effective if running with ranged squads that surround Has-Cap, but I think AA is a stronger ability.

I don't really see how C3G can't be better... unless it's a bigger bulls-eye painted on him.

Last edited by MalignantT; September 4th, 2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalignantT View Post
I think the C3G-Cap is undercosted by at least 20 (maybe 40) points for what those abilities do.
I have dozens of playtests that say otherwise. He is a tough enough figure, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM

ShadowWater is surprisingly tart

I think that the main difference here is the ability of C3G Cap to keep his team mobile and flexible, even if he doesn't necessarily have the head-to head advantage. That can be especially huge in a dungeon crawl. Of course, it's offset by the fact that you really have to use C3G Cap in massive armies, but generally with Marvel (/DC) figures that's a given. I say the overall advantage goes to C3G Cap in most situations.

Last edited by ShadowWater; October 1st, 2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: epic necro my bad -- showed up in recent threads for some reason

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's