Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 16th, 2021, 06:01 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Grim Reaper

Thanks, guys. I don't have deep knowledge of, or affinity for, Grim Reaper (one of the reasons he was a straggler in my box of minis) but the card made for a good opportunity for me to design a character with a gameplay tension between being engaged and being unengaged, something I often like to do in my customs. I also liked giving him a special attack that would be very dangerous to my Vision custom, since Vision's mind was patterned after Grim Reaper's brother, Wonder Man.
Old August 29th, 2021, 12:56 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Grim Reaper

I love how you think and that's why you truly are my Heroscape Brother from Another Mother. The tension as you call it created by game choices are the key to the fun. They build the stories that are the memories. Why did I engage him?! Maybe I should kept firing from range even though it wasn't working? Ah, the things we yell when we play this great game.

I love that you're dusting off minis and getting cards back out there. Thanks for coming back to the site and sharing your talent. The Shermanator did not lie when he said, "I'll be back."
Old August 30th, 2021, 06:37 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I love that you're dusting off minis and getting cards back out there.
Thanks! "Dusting off minis" is more literal than you know; my "To Do List" box had been sitting in that spot in my basement for quite some time. Only a handful of minis left in there, though - after they're done I may not be making any customs for minis I actually own for the foreseeable future. After designing Heroscape customs as a hobby for about a dozen years, it'll feel strange once I get to that last one.

Anyway, I did a card for another one of those newly-dusted figures, Iron Man's archenemy Mandarin:

The fun part of designing this guy was doing the research on his ten rings and deciding which ones to represent on the card, and how. It'll be interesting to watch the Shang Chi movie next week and find out how the MCU decided to translate the rings.
Old August 30th, 2021, 07:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Healthy stats.
I really dig the end of the round power.
Old August 31st, 2021, 07:15 PM

Thanks, I've used the "X Marker as a bonus turn" mechanic in various ways over the years. I've found it to be a pretty helpful tool for keeping expensive heroes viable and balanced in Heroscape.
Old August 31st, 2021, 08:18 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm a little confused regarding the wording "...using this round's initiative order." Aren't you just taking a turn with the chosen hero as you reveal the "X". I guess you are dictating that if there are multiple players with X Order Marker powers then you go in initiative turn order.
Old September 1st, 2021, 07:16 PM

Old September 1st, 2021, 09:20 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

It reads a bit weird where it is. I think it would sound better nearer the start of the power.

"If the X Order Marker is on this card, at the end of the round you may reveal it in initiative order and choose an opponent's Hero within 4 clear sight spaces of Mandarin.... "
Old September 3rd, 2021, 05:49 PM

You may be right about that, but that's the sentence structure I've used on all my various "X Turn" powers and I'm definitely not reprinting and cutting out the dozen or so cards I've probably used it on. Cutting out the actual cards is the only part of designing customs I don't enjoy.
Old September 3rd, 2021, 09:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You could probably just print the new version of the power and paste it over the top.
Old September 4th, 2021, 10:20 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
You may be right about that, but that's the sentence structure I've used on all my various "X Turn" powers and I'm definitely not reprinting and cutting out the dozen or so cards I've probably used it on. Cutting out the actual cards is the only part of designing customs I don't enjoy.
I hear you there.
Old September 4th, 2021, 11:37 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I hear you there.
Ha. Cutting out the cards is the one part of the process that I can’t seem to find another HelmAverse “employee” to take on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations